James Ward-Prowse

NickG

i know that there is a player in the academy at the moment that is ''very special'' - the club have been trying to keep him under wraps, but the coaching staff are so excited about him.

wonder if this is the kid?

No its not as the kid we are talking about is a year younger.

The skills of Henry and the speed of Theo is what I was told 2 years ago, and I spoke to someone else about 6 months ago and the kid is still going strong for Saints.

i know that there is a player in the academy at the moment that is ''very special'' - the club have been trying to keep him under wraps, but the coaching staff are so excited about him.

wonder if this is the kid?

That is extremely difficult to do in the football world. Word quickly gets out and also other clubs see him when they play Saints.

I remember many years ago being told we had "the next Michael Owen" coming through the acadamy and that people were very excited by him.

It turned out to be Scott McDonald.

I thought it was Mark Peters not Scott.

Anyway he's an inside left centre forward. :-;

Edited by Pilchards

With Oxlade-Chamberlain and now Ward-Prowse, the future of people having names of future stars on the back of their shirts will be in limbo in a few years time!!

It's a secret formula. All stars of the future will be double barelled. BTW song for Oxlade-Chamberlain has to be Knees up Mother Brown. Just "Oxlade-Chamberlain, Oxlade-Chamberlain" leave it to the usual suspects to supply the next two lines. :)

It's a secret formula. All stars of the future will be double barelled. BTW song for Oxlade-Chamberlain has to be Knees up Mother Brown. Just "Oxlade-Chamberlain, Oxlade-Chamberlain" leave it to the usual suspects to supply the next two lines. :)

Like it - a Block 4 favourite in the making!

slightly off-topic, but I had a dream last night that I'd made up a Lallana song, to the tune of Sunchyme by Dario G...I can't even remember the tune now though, and have no sound at work so maybe it'll have to forever remain in dream-land

Mark Peters may also have been labeled as the next Owen, but I definitely remember talking with a guy on a train who was telling me about the buzz surrounding McDonald and how amazing he was going to be.

Well and to be fair McDonald has been a great success in the SPL....leading scorer? By accounts at the time we only let him go because of concerns about his attitude , not his talent.

Looking forward to the 'skills of Henry and speed of Theo'. Just hope that's not handball skills and speed when injured yet again.

K.

No its not as the kid we are talking about is a year younger.

The skills of Henry and the speed of Theo is what I was told 2 years ago, and I spoke to someone else about 6 months ago and the kid is still going strong for Saints.

Scott Sinclairs brother? Jake?

Not to forget Holder-Spooner he has looked good so far too

An interesting read, mentions both James Ward-Prowse and Jake Sinclair.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~1840272,00.html

Missed that first time round, thanks for posting MLG. Good to know that we've got some real talent coming through the youth system, with players like McNish, Gobern, Racine etc in the reserves and youngsters such as Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ward-Prowse and Doble turning heads, it looks like the future's bright, IT'S RED AND WHITE! :D

Chuffed to bits that the mystery special talent does look to be Jake Sinclair.

I work with a guy who's son used to be on Saints books and he often

mentioned that this bloke was bloody special.

Also I have been telling people on this forum for years now which is nice now it's come out.

Chuffed to bits that the mystery special talent does look to be Jake Sinclair.

I work with a guy who's son used to be on Saints books and he often

mentioned that this bloke was bloody special.

Also I have been telling people on this forum for years now which is nice now it's come out.

Chelsea are trying too steal him off us im lead to believe

Chelsea are trying too steal him off us im lead to believe

Well Jake has been with us for 6 years now and you would of thought they would of got him by now esp that a member of his family is on the Chelsea books.

I think people are putting one and one together because it's finally been revealed who he is and the links he has with Chelski.

They've just nicked a 9 year old off us from the Bournemouth area. His parents had to move nearer to Chelsea in order for it to be ok under FA rules....I wonder how they funded that move...hmmm.

If true then they are very silly people.

You have a far better chance for Saints at the moment than a team who have not brought any kid through the ranks since they have money.

Hardly silly wanting your child to be trained by some of the best coaches in the world rather than coaches at Saints tbf.

Also they idea that kids are not bought through at Chelsea is just wrong. There may not be kids in there first team now, but they have some fantastic youth coming through, many of which have shined out on loan at other clubs, including our own. The future is bright for Chelsea and there youth. Even if they don't make it at Chelsea, they have some really talented youngsters coming through.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking Oxlade-Chamberlain could work well in a version of "Buffalo Soldier".

They've just nicked a 9 year old off us from the Bournemouth area. His parents had to move nearer to Chelsea in order for it to be ok under FA rules....I wonder how they funded that move...hmmm.

Last year my nippers school got to the semi finals of the schools championship and came up against a school from London.

One of the opposition was on the books from Chelsea and came from Marseille - Chelsea put them up in a house near the school to be in the catchment and local to them.