8th July - Markus Liebherr Day

trousers

I wouldn't call NC an inspiration (why do you think that?). Really pleased that Markus bought us though. I hope he gets what he wants.

I think his appointment of NC is an inspiration oppossed to NC being an inspiration (yet), reason being; he could have appointed a Chairman type person to manage his investment in the 'compamy', instead he took the risk of appointing his closest confident in his overall investment (his wealth), strange move considering the small size of investment relative to his wealth. He saw a need to put in place someone who will not just tick the boxes of a normal Chairman but someone who was willing to aggressivley move the club forward which alway puts some peoples noses out of joint, hence the slight negative NC posts of late, these posts being misguided and short sighted IMO

I think his appointment of NC is an inspiration oppossed to NC being an inspiration (yet), reason being; he could have appointed a Chairman type person to manage his investment in the 'compamy', instead he took the risk of appointing his closest confident in his overall investment (his wealth), strange move considering the small size of investment relative to his wealth. He saw a need to put in place someone who will not just tick the boxes of a normal Chairman but someone who was willing to aggressivley move the club forward which alway puts some peoples noses out of joint, hence the slight negative NC posts of late, these posts being misguided and short sighted IMO

I reckon it could be that NC saw an opportunity and asked Markus for the money to help start it. IMO this is more about NC than ML.

I reckon it could be that NC saw an opportunity and asked Markus for the money to help start it. IMO this is more about NC than ML.

you maybe right but NC wasn't appointed Chairman immediately, he only seemed to be a facilitator in the very beginning and it took a month or so for him to be appointed

yea, thanks for investing in SFC, you know in was a fantastic deal and the return will be tremendous (if things work out on the football side as you are hoping), a club worth maybe 3 or 4 times the 12 million you invested.

I take nothing from the takeover, i will enjoy the ride and be thankful that we have been taken over by a proper businessman, but these posts above seem to suggest that ML was some sort of guardian angel sent by God to rescue us.

ML will enjoy the ride too, look at him at Wembley, i am not suggesting he does not care, but its all abou the deal and the return for him, nothing more, nothing less, and i suspect it might be good one, so you got to ask yourself one question:

Who should be thanking who?

yea, thanks for investing in SFC, you know in was a fantastic deal and the return will be tremendous (if things work out on the football side as you are hoping), a club worth maybe 3 or 4 times the 12 million you invested.

I take nothing from the takeover, i will enjoy the ride and be thankful that we have been taken over by a proper businessman, but these posts above seem to suggest that ML was some sort of guardian angel sent by God to rescue us.

ML will enjoy the ride too, look at him at Wembley, i am not suggesting he does not care, but its all abou the deal and the return for him, nothing more, nothing less, and i suspect it might be good one, so you got to ask yourself one question:

My mum gets pleasure out of buying me a birthday present but I quite often thank her for doing so..,.maybe she should be thanking me for being alive?

HTH ;-)

If you can't be magnanimous about it, perhaps better not to have bothered contributing. Your reaction is akin to a kid being given an ice cream and complaining that there is no chocolate Flake. Whatever the ins and outs about it, just take a moment to ponder what might have been had he not come in to take us over. There wasn't exactly a long queue of people falling over themselves to take up this marvellous investment opportunity, so have the good grace to be thankful that ML was prepared to step forward.

If you can't be magnanimous about it, perhaps better not to have bothered contributing. Your reaction is akin to a kid being given an ice cream and complaining that there is no chocolate Flake. Whatever the ins and outs about it, just take a moment to ponder what might have been had he not come in to take us over. There wasn't exactly a long queue of people falling over themselves to take up this marvellous investment opportunity, so have the good grace to be thankful that ML was prepared to step forward.

sorry, didn't realise I wasn't allowed to contribute because I have a different viewpoint.

I understand that some people can't read or understand English, if you can perhaps you can point out to where i was complaining? On the same point, I used the word thankful in my post, so that sort of makes your post factually incorrect, perhaps you need to read it again.

What might have been if ML had not come along? We'd have been taken over by someone else, probabaly not as wealthy as ML, who knows, we certainly wouldn't have gone bust, anyone who believes that hasn't noticed what has happened in football the last 20 years, all this debt and one club going 'pop'.

If you are going to reply to a post, have the decency and ability to make it relevant to the original, otherwise please don't contribute.

Noodles does make a reasonable point

ML/NC may have saved the club in your eyes and others but all they did was buy a Premiership Club at a knock down price but I am quite happy they did

ML/NC may have saved the club in your eyes and others but all they did was buy a Premiership Club at a knock down price but I am quite happy they did

Didn't really want this thread to turn into a debate per se but hey ho....my reply to that would be: "if it was such an obvious bargain why was Mr Liebherr (aparently) the only serious 'investor' on the scene this time last year?"

Doesn't add up to me.

Didn't really want this thread to turn into a debate per se but hey ho....my reply to that would be: "if it was such an obvious bargain why was Mr Liebherr (aparently) the only serious 'investor' on the scene this time last year?"

Doesn't add up to me.

Thats why he is such a great businessman perhaps, because he (or NC probabaly) spotted it. Did Paul Allen not spot it previously? Is he not worthy of a decent businessman accolade?

Most people, Peter Jones etc wouldn't go near a footy club, but i bet if i (or any other Saints fan) sat down with him and explained the potential, what you'd get for your monbey, stadia, farm, training ground, well i reckon even he might have looked into it, but generally they stay away from football because unless you are going to invest even more (millions) then you probabaly aren't going to get a decent return. And maybe thats good for us, as fans we have an owner that obvuiously sees that as essential to his overall invetsment, thats why we bought RL and Fonte etc

And don't forget, there aren't loads of business people out there with literally millions to spend on a footy club, lucky for us we were spotted.

sorry, didn't realise I wasn't allowed to contribute because I have a different viewpoint.

I understand that some people can't read or understand English, if you can perhaps you can point out to where i was complaining? On the same point, I used the word thankful in my post, so that sort of makes your post factually incorrect, perhaps you need to read it again.

What might have been if ML had not come along? We'd have been taken over by someone else, probabaly not as wealthy as ML, who knows, we certainly wouldn't have gone bust, anyone who believes that hasn't noticed what has happened in football the last 20 years, all this debt and one club going 'pop'.

If you are going to reply to a post, have the decency and ability to make it relevant to the original, otherwise please don't contribute.

It appears to be you who has a poor grasp of the English language judging by your punctuation and grammar. If you were also capable of better comprehension, you would realise that I only chided you for lack of good grace and the tone of your comments. Where did I say that you had complained about anything?

Neither did I infer that nobody else would have taken us over, but at least by acknowledging that it was unlikely that anybody else would have been as wealthy as ML, you presumably are somehow grateful that it was him, even if grudgingly for some reason.

er, there mate

It appears to be you who has a poor grasp of the English language judging by your punctuation and grammar. If you were also capable of better comprehension, you would realise that I only chided you for lack of good grace and the tone of your comments. Where did I say that you had complained about anything?

Neither did I infer that nobody else would have taken us over, but at least by acknowledging that it was unlikely that anybody else would have been as wealthy as ML, you presumably are somehow grateful that it was him, even if grudgingly for some reason.

and my grammer etc, yes in this respect is poor, as i sit doing my proper job it is a quick few lines etc, as you can see i contribute seldomly unlike these people who clearly have the time to write thousands upon thousands of posts etc.

I am not grudguingly grtaeful, I am grateful that it is him and not some dodgy Russion geezer etc, we have a decent bloke but lets not kid ourselves he is here because he fell in love with Saints and didn't want to see them go pop! Please, have a sense of reality.

and my grammer etc, yes in this respect is poor, as i sit doing my proper job it is a quick few lines etc, as you can see i contribute seldomly unlike these people who clearly have the time to write thousands upon thousands of posts etc.

I am not grudguingly grtaeful, I am grateful that it is him and not some dodgy Russion geezer etc, we have a decent bloke but lets not kid ourselves he is here because he fell in love with Saints and didn't want to see them go pop! Please, have a sense of reality.

Yes exactly. I am pleased and I hope that ultimately we both get what we want.

Watching Saints' drop through the leagues and go into administration was terrible. You saved us and made us good. The Premiership is no longr a pipedream, but a reality, and we thank you for that.

Never leave.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

They bought Saints, in DIVISION ONE, who WERE a Premiership Club ..........We have to EARN the right to be one again

In stead of a lot of sycophantic nonsense at last a post which is realistic and probably right on the button.

In stead of a lot of sycophantic nonsense at last a post which is realistic and probably right on the button.

I don't see much sycophantic nonsense on this thread. Mostly I see people expressing gratitude to our owner for buying us when we were in dire straits and some sober reflection of what might have been had he not bought us.

I don't see much sycophantic nonsense on this thread. Mostly I see people expressing gratitude to our owner for buying us when we were in dire straits and some sober reflection of what might have been had he not bought us.

Agreed. I don't think many are naïve enough to think that Markus bought us just as an altruistic gesture. He is a businessman and obviously is setting out to revive Saints as a successful business as well as a successful football club. But I also believe he gets genuine pleasure from Saints' footballing success - remember him taking his own photos at Wembley, and with a smile so wide that AP almost fell in. I also would like to think that he derives some pleasure from seeing that he has made Saints fans happy, and that he is appreciated, so I have no hesitation in offering genuine unsycophantic thanks.

Thank you NC & ML for giving us our club back. I know some people have had short memories but I never lose sight of the fact that my club nearly died. Not only have we got this club back but it is moving forward in a way we have really never known before. I have supported Saints for 40 years and never felt as disinterested and saddened as I did 1 year and a day ago. Since then I have started loving football again and even enjoying a bonus day out at Wembley. For the first time in several years I can't wait until August.

Thanks again.

I'm delighted that he bought us and I enjoyed last season a lot, culminating in Wembley. From watching the worst season in the club's history in 2008/9 with a bunch of kids that with two or three exceptions are now either free agents, have dropped lower or out of the game altogether, we get to enjoy watching Harding, Fonte, Puncheon, Hammond, Lambert, Connolly and Barnard. Davis, Lallana and Morgan would have been gone that summer as well.

So thank you ML and NC and hopefully we can keep on moving forward as a club

Hardly, although I get your point.