New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

'young, english and with success on the CV already'

That narrows it down I guess. The people who fit into that mould are:

Howe

Mowbray (at 45 he is still comparatively young for a manager)

Grayson

Hill

Clarke

Pearson

Tilson

Brown

Adkins

Out of those I reckon we can rule out Pearson and Grayson as not wanting the job. Brown most certainly does want it, but has been a little too vocal about it, suggesting he has not had an interview and is trying to get one! There have been enough rumours to suggest that Howe has indeed been spoken to, and I can't believe that Mowbray would slip under the radar.

My money would be on Mowbray or Howe, and I'd be delighted with either. Mowbray would get us playing the right way and what Howe has done at Bournemouth is one of the greatest managerial achievements of my lifetime, IMHO.

Have I missed anyone?

Tisdale.

Cotterill - er,no.

Adkins is younger than Mobrey

Keith Hill is 41 and possibly already interviewed......First time in a collar tie and clean underwear at a football match for years...

With all your knowledge on Dale and Dawson.....You must have a view or is this not a WOW...or are we not talking abour one of our DOF FA coaching wizzkidzz

I am still thinking Zola myself...

Howe

Grayson

Hill

Clarke

Pearson

Tilson

Brown

Adkins

Is it just me or do neither one of those excite me as a Saints supporter one bit?

Howe

Grayson

Hill

Clarke

Pearson

Tilson

Brown

Adkins

Is it just me or do neither one of those excite me as a Saints supporter one bit?

We're in L1......Mowbray would be an awesome appointment. So would pearson, so would Atkins and so would Howe

Howe

Grayson

Hill

Clarke

Pearson

Tilson

Brown

Adkins

Out of those I reckon we can rule out Pearson and Grayson as not wanting the job. Brown most certainly does want it, but has been a little too vocal about it, suggesting he has not had an interview and is trying to get one! There have been enough rumours to suggest that Howe has indeed been spoken to, and I can't believe that Mowbray would slip under the radar.

My money would be on Mowbray or Howe, and I'd be delighted with either. Mowbray would get us playing the right way and what Howe has done at Bournemouth is one of the greatest managerial achievements of my lifetime, IMHO.

Have I missed anyone?

think Brown is in his 50s??

Change of plan - there's the house that Fonte just pulled out of on Friday that's available all of a sudden in Southampton ...

Because he put in a transfer request which is why we had some Blackpool speculation BUT it's been withdrawn after Cortese solved his problem.

Don't know what it was though.....

apparently

Just reading on Leonardo on Wikipedia and noticed this about the culmination of his time at AC Milan :

In the final weeks of the seasons, it was speculated that Leonardo could leave Milan at the end of the season. In April 2010, Leonardo confirmed divergencies with club owner and Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, defining their relationship as "difficult".[11] It was confirmed that Leonardo will leave Milan by mutual agreement after their season ending game against Juventus

Perhaps working with Italian chief executives might not be his ideal working environment.

Keith Hill is 41 and possibly already interviewed......First time in a collar tie and clean underwear at a football match for years...

With all your knowledge on Dale and Dawson.....You must have a view or is this not a WOW...or are we not talking abour one of our DOF FA coaching wizzkidzz

I am still thinking Zola myself...

Hill has been an absolute revelation at Rochdale and no less of a candidate than Howe for example. He kept them up when things were looking bad when he took over and then was unlucky not get them promotion the following season. Amazing turnaround and without spending. They should have won the league at a canter last season but the wheels came off a little at the end in a similar vein to Leeds. Chris O'Grady, who we saw yesterday was an inspired signing. Him and Dagnell were sensational all season. Considering they lost Dagnall and Kennedy in the summer they have made brilliant start. As with Adkins at Scunny he's at a small club where the expactations are much lower, so if he came to us it would be a whole different kettle of fish. We expect promotion, well certainly before Saturday we did, so the pressure would be on from the start. I'd also be a little woried about the egos of our players. Having the respect of the players is paramount. Adkins has the advantage in comign down a division, but Hill might struggle a little. At Dale he came through the ranks (Youth team coach etc) so he had the players on side, will ours follow him as quickly?

Nigel Adkins 1/1

Gianfranco Zola 6/4

Phil Brown 9/2

Eddie Howe 5/1

Paul Hart 8/1

Alan Shearer 10/1

Tony Mowbray 10/1

Gareth Southgate 12/1

Glenn Hoddle 12/1

Paul Buckle 12/1

Rolf Fringer 12/1

Ian Dowie 14/1

Jim Magilton 14/1

Kevin Blackwell 16/1

Chris Coleman 16/1

Paul Jewell 16/1

Steve Clarke 16/1

Dennis Wise 16/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 16/1

Paul Ince 20/1

Gary Megson 20/1

Micky Adams 22/1

Dean Wikins 25/1

Martin O'Neill 25/1

Steve Coppell 25/1

Kevin Keegan 25/1

Chris Wilder 25/1

Alan Knill 28/1

Jim Gannon 28/1

Alan Curbishley 33/1

Paul Tisdale 33/1

Jeff Kenna 33/1

Dan Petrescu 40/1

Carlton Palmer 66/1

Matthew Le Tissier 100/1

how on earth is jeff kenna, carlton palmer even been given odds...

sven at a tidy price lol

. I'd also be a little woried about the egos of our players. Having the respect of the players is paramount. Adkins has the advantage in comign down a division, but Hill might struggle a little. At Dale he came through the ranks (Youth team coach etc) so he had the players on side, will ours follow him as quickly?

That though is a concern about many of the candidates we are linked with,Howe ( too young ?),Tisdale (nothing above L1 and limited playing career), Hill (an unknown). Adkins ( "a bloody physio" as some players might see him),and then there are the overseas names who some would regard as "a bloody foreigner.." whatever their experience.

But then again some players did not respond to the Bally's "medals to prove it" motivation either.

Howe

Grayson

Hill

Clarke

Pearson

Tilson

Brown

Adkins

I'd take several of those and be pretty happy. I think people underestimate the jobs some of these guys have done. Adkins and Pearson especially.

That though is a concern about many of the candidates we are linked with,Howe ( too young ?),Tisdale (nothing above L1 and limited playing career), Hill (an unknown). Adkins ( "a bloody physio" as some players might see him),and then there are the overseas names who some would regard as "a bloody foreigner.." whatever their experience.

But then again some players did not respond to the Bally's "medals to prove it" motivation either.

Seeeing as Adkins is a Championship manager and our players are League 1 standard I think he might have a chance. Reminds me of the Grayson signing, stepping down a division to take charge of a big club. Will it feel like a step down for the players?

Seeeing as Adkins is a Championship manager and our players are League 1 standard I think he might have a chance. Reminds me of the Grayson signing, stepping down a division to take charge of a big club. Will it feel like a step down for the players?

It might have been a problem a couple of years ago for players who had that 'I'm prem quality' attitude - Rasiak, Saga, Skacel etc. Dont think any of our current squad would have any right to look down on Adkins.