New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

If no-one has the balls to tell the story, perhaps an idea of why this so called secret has been shared with so many, but not with the rest of us....oh and when might be imcluded! Possibly, of course this is a massive wind up....

It's because Martin O Neil is such a shrinking violet, that if he happens to be a member of this forum and sees his name, he call the whole thing off.

Can't believe people would be disappointed with Leonardo ffs. Young, intelligent, many many contacts and he'd only come if he really wanted to. Won the world cup, played with world class players, under world class managers and knows the game inside out. But not enough for english div 3??

I don't believe for a second he'd come here, just amazed people would be upset about it!

Don't worry, there are also people questioning if O'Neill is good enough for us.

Can't believe people would be disappointed with Leonardo ffs. Young, intelligent, many many contacts and he'd only come if he really wanted to. Won the world cup, played with world class players, under world class managers and knows the game inside out. But not enough for english div 3??

I don't believe for a second he'd come here, just amazed people would be upset about it!

I have seen his name mentioned on here, is he in the frame then? or just wild speculation.

hasnt he just managed AC Milan also....?

would probably command another top job in Italy if he chose to wait..

the scunny forum say their man is as good as gone......

hmmmmmmmmm

hasnt he just managed AC Milan also....?

would probably command another top job in Italy if he chose to wait..

the scunny forum say their man is as good as gone......

hmmmmmmmmm

apparently the current scunphorpe GK coach was at the game on Saturday (kevin pressman)

I still don't think anythings been decided. It's a big decision for Cortese and he needs to make sure he gets this bang on.

apparently the current scunphorpe GK coach was at the game on Saturday (kevin pressman)

I still don't think anythings been decided. It's a big decision for Cortese and he needs to make sure he gets this bang on.

I know nothing about adkins....do scunny play good football...

isnt he the "physio"..?

isnt he the "physio"..?

He was the physio at scunny, then was promoted to manager - similar to Les Reed at Tranmere.

and they do play good football, on the ground, quick and fast. Some people seem to think scunny play hoofball, but they couldn't be further away from the truth.

isnt he the "physio"..?

they play decent stuff IMO. I remember the match at their place when Pearson took over and they played us off the park. Two promotions from this league in three years is impressive. Slightly different sense of expacation from the two sets of fans, but he knows how to win games. Yep he was their physio.

Tim Flowers was at St Marys on Sat - Merrington said as much on commentary...

May find he was commentating for BBC or other radio ...

Peter Reid was there because Plymouth play Rochdale next...

Some other Managers/coaches were there just having a larf at our expense........baaaastarddds.

Edited by ottery st mary

I think Chris Hutchings would be a good candidate. Born in Winchester, likeable, brought success to every club he's been with and a true gentleman. Plus he's available.

are we talking about Paul Jewell's long term assistant who when thrust into the managerial position after Jewell leaves failed every time? Hmmmmm.

I think Chris Hutchings would be a good candidate. Born in Winchester, likeable, brought success to every club he's been with and a true gentleman. Plus he's available.

serious?

walsall fan's wanted shot of him last year. They couldn't stand his management style.

I know the Football Rumours site is a bag of sh*te, but it is a good laugh! http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/southampton-rumours.php

05 Sep 2010 19:42:40

southampton fc to appoint eric cantona as manager tommorow and for southampton to sign michail antonio on loan and either luke moore or michael kighlt on loan.

Yeh right... Eric Cantona obviously keeping an eye on lower english league signings.

Yeh right... Eric Cantona obviously keeping an eye on lower english league signings.

No way it can be EC - he should have been struck off for what he did and should never be able to grace the football stage again. Similar to that ***t Brian Clough who punched a fan then went on the tele and allowed the fan to give him a kiss.

Phew - that feels better now.

PS It's Keane

'young, english and with success on the CV already'

That narrows it down I guess. The people who fit into that mould are:

Howe

Mowbray (at 45 he is still comparatively young for a manager)

Grayson

Hill

Clarke

Pearson

Tilson

Brown

Adkins

Out of those I reckon we can rule out Pearson and Grayson as not wanting the job. Brown most certainly does want it, but has been a little too vocal about it, suggesting he has not had an interview and is trying to get one! There have been enough rumours to suggest that Howe has indeed been spoken to, and I can't believe that Mowbray would slip under the radar.

My money would be on Mowbray or Howe, and I'd be delighted with either. Mowbray would get us playing the right way and what Howe has done at Bournemouth is one of the greatest managerial achievements of my lifetime, IMHO.

Have I missed anyone?

Edited by CWD
forgot to put the current favourite on the list!

'young, english and with success on the CV already'

That narrows it down I guess. The people who fit into that mould are:

Howe

Mowbray (at 45 he is still comparatively young for a manager)

Grayson

Hill

Clarke

Pearson

Tilson

Brown

Out of those I reckon we can rule out Pearson and Grayson as not wanting the job. Brown most certainly does want it, but has been a little too vocal about it, suggesting he has not had an interview and is trying to get one! There have been enough rumours to suggest that Howe has indeed been spoken to, and I can't believe that Mowbray would slip under the radar.

My money would be on Mowbray or Howe, and I'd be delighted with either. Mowbray would get us playing the right way and what Howe has done at Bournemouth is one of the greatest managerial achievements of my lifetime, IMHO.

Have I missed anyone?

Adkins is younger than Mobrey