New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Dont think I've seen this mentioned yet.

How about Roberto Di Matteo.

Reasons:

- Fits with the whole Premier League manager applying for the job.

- Fits with what the agent said about young and successful CV.

- To an extent fits with the 'wow' factor... i.e. People will say 'How did Saints get him to go to League One from a Prem job?'

- Has knowledge of League One with MK Dons

- Has got West Brom promoted from Championship.

- He's Italian like Cortese.

New Manager to be TONY MEOLA?

A local businessman confirmed to me this morning that Cortese met with Meola’s agent at the Chalk Lane Hotel in Epsom yesterday. Meola now lives in Guernsey and from what I understand would be the perfect fit for the job. I had not heard Meola’s name linked with the job before, however read into it what you like but a local bookmaker has Meola as 6/4 hot favourite for the job.

I know NC wants to think outside the box but Mariah Careys ex is stretching it a bit. I know he will be great at dealing with the media and deva players but what can he bring to the table tactically and does he have the indepth knowledge of Div 1 we need.

Reasons:

- To an extent fits with the 'wow' factor... i.e. People will say 'How did Saints get him to go to League One from a Prem job?'

Would love this to be the case but very much doubt it.

Reasons:

It does seem to fit quite nicely.

Not forgetting that Cortese has recently forged a 'friendship' with MK Dons chairman Pete Winkelman over the postponement of our game with them when Markus passed away.

A tenuous link maybe but who's to say they didn't have a conversation about the managerial "situation" at SFC and Winkelman sung the praises of Di Matteo which got Cortese thinking...?

Why the **** would Di Matteo want to leave his team who have a reasonable chance of staying up given how **** the bottom half of the premier league is, to come to L1?

It's one thing to be ambitious with unemployed managers like O'Neil, but this is really mental. He's does his L1 time, got promoted, did it again in the championship and now is getting his chance where he wants to be. Yet he'd walk away from that to start all over?

Because we are going to be the biggest best club ever!!

I reckon the premiership manager would be someone like Roberto Martinez, someone who is currently under pressure at Wigan as they're not having the best of starts. I'd imagine he's starting to wonder what more he can actually achieve there rather than survival and maybe he wants to jump ship before he's pushed?

I reckon the premiership manager would be someone like Roberto Martinez, someone who is currently under pressure at Wigan as they're not having the best of starts. I'd imagine he's starting to wonder what more he can actually achieve there rather than survival and maybe he wants to jump ship before he's pushed?

Premiership managers don't apply for League 1 jobs. Premiership caretakers perhaps.

I don't honestly think a PL manager has applied. It was said that one of the people who had applied was currently employed in the PL, but it never specified as manager. I think the guardian have just read too mcuh into it.

Could be Sammy Lee

ridiculous this bad language filter you have to put the **** back in twice before you can use the link,

the aldermen of that town should change the name of it to s****thorpe or something,

Edited by Window Cleaner

"NOT for the first time this summer, S****horpe United manager Nigel Adkins is being strongly linked with a vacancy at another club.

But this time, significantly perhaps, Iron chairman Steve Wharton has declined the chance to defuse the speculation.

When Adkins was tipped by the bookies back in August for a possible move to Championship rivals Swansea, Wharton revealed there had been no approach from the Welsh club.

But when asked yesterday if there had been any approach now from League One Southampton, the United chairman was a little less forthcoming."

Seems like everything has gone quiet!! Calm before the storm?

Nah we've all been busy. Didn't you know?

Seems NC decided to contact as many fans as possible this afternoon to gauge our opinions and to tell us personally what had happened and who he will appoint this week.

Surely you must have got the Call Centre ringing you as well?

Saints offer Scunny 350k but they want more.

Maybe back to MoN then but he wants to run it his way.

Who's next then Mr Cortese as we have another 48 applications to decide on. :-)

That assumes MoN wasn't put off by finding that NC was looking at another 49 possibles....

Si Si Meester Onenil, I unnerstand you eez zee best on the market but I as zis Beeseness Plan so I must speak with all zee others who may be as good as you Signore

Nah we've all been busy. Didn't you know?

Seems NC decided to contact as many fans as possible this afternoon to gauge our opinions and to tell us personally what had happened and who he will appoint this week.

Surely you must have got the Call Centre ringing you as well?

Bu**er! I was outside cleaning the windows, before it pi&&e& down. Will they press redial and try me again?

Saints offer Scunny 350k but they want more.

Maybe back to MoN then but he wants to run it his way.

Who's next then Mr Cortese as we have another 48 applications to decide on. :-)

If and its a big IF Cortese turned down MoN, then the guy is a complete nutter!

Imo it looks like Adkins is going to get the job, not exactly the wow factor but hopefully will get us playing decent football, but....he does not actually get the pulse racing.

We could do a lot worse

We are in Division One. Adkins knows how to get out of Division One

Cortese should go for "horses for courses" IMHO

No point at aiming too high. Many Many names mentioned on here would NOT have a clue as to Manage a Team in the Third tier of UK Football

We could do a lot worse

No point at aiming too high. Many Many names mentioned on here would NOT have a clue as to Manage a Team in the Third tier of UK Football

Excellent idea then we can have all this fun all over again when we choose our championship manager and then again when we choose our premier manager - or more likely with the instability it might be our league 2 manager

We could do a lot worse

Great point, but this manager must be allowed to have a say in who he wants because Harry Redcrap's only failure was us because he had his hands tied.

Great managers do get results and bigger crowds though but they are not around very long as something better will come along.

Excellent idea then we can have all this fun all over again when we choose our championship manager and then again when we choose our premier manager - or more likely with the instability it might be our league 2 manager

Far better an idea than expecting Martin O'Neil to be seriously considering Managing a Third Division Team

It's about time people realised that we are NOT as Big as some people Dream we are.

To get ANY result, it has to be EARNT. To get Promotion, it has to be DESERVED

Plymouth, Leyton Orient and Rochdale have already shattered our Pedestel, and that's just League results