New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Far better an idea than expecting Martin O'Neil to be seriously considering Managing a Third Division Team

It's about time people realised that we are NOT as Big as some people Dream we are.

To get ANY result, it has to be EARNT. To get Promotion, it has to be DESERVED

Plymouth, Leyton Orient and Rochdale have already shattered our Pedestel, and that's just League results

But what Southampton have that others might not have is potential, as some people have said the clubs financial situation and the amount of money spent we have the potential to get back into the premier league, which I'm sure lots of potential managers have seen hens the guardian saying the club received 50 applicants. therefore any manager who does get the job will have pressure, but if the funds and results are available then the its a good move for Southampton and the manager, with potential to reach the premier league & with the manager having a brilliant CV, plus a nice pay package..

Edited by SB
poor english

But what Southampton have that others might not have is potential, as some people have said the clubs financial situation and the amount of money spent we have the potential to get back into the premier league, which I'm sure lots of potential managers have seen hens the guardian saying the club received 50 applicants. therefore any manager who does get the job will have pressure, but if the funds and results are available then the its a good move for Southampton and the manager, with potential to reach the premier league & with the manager having a brilliant CV, plus a nice pay package..

Your "Key" word is POTENTIAL, and we have LOADS

BUT, it has to be Channelled in the right direction, by the right type of person

At this time, getting a so called "Top" man WITH PREM EXPERIENCE will not work

A Manager with proven Division One Experience is needed, TO GET US OUT OF DIVISION ONE

The time for a Prem Quality Manager is when we are back in the Prem, and by that time, the Manager that led us back to the Top may have developed into a TOP MANAGER

Yup, he's had shed loads of experience in the Lower Leagues of the UK

Viali, Zola, O'Neil FFS

They are used to TOP Leagues

(You don't buy a Limo if you have to cross a ploughed field)

O'Neill managed non-league at Wycombe ..and got them into the league and promoted. He may be a limo, but he has 4 wheel drive.

O'Neill managed non-league at Wycombe ..and got them into the league and promoted. He may be a limo, but he has 4 wheel drive.
so what we need is a landrover sport, abit of a chelsea tractor which surely points towards MoN

Stop it..

SSN are reporting that names mentioned are wide of the mark,they seem to think it will be a young up and coming manager with foreign experience.Won't be in place for 2 weeks or so.

The plot thickens!

They stated he could be in place by the weekend,shortlist drawn up,that is all.

Young european manager with european experience.

SSN are reporting that names mentioned are wide of the mark,they seem to think it will be a young up and coming manager with foreign experience.Won't be in place for 2 weeks or so.

The plot thickens!

Oh dear, Chris Coleman fits that description. Zoinks!!

I wouldn't mind Avram Grant at all. The skates would hate it

You at joking right - he's a terrible manager! We had a Skate in charge before and look where it got us.

Apart from a lucky FA Cup run his record at Pompey was awful - and at Chelsea he just sat there as it happened aroun him. And he's not exactly impressing the hammers fans is he.

We don't need or want a foreigner - we need someone who can get us out of this division - who understands English Football and League 1!

Nigel Adkins possibly. But I'd go for Tony Mowbray - he's English, understands lower league football and built a team playing great football at WBA

Yeah man, he would be an interesting appointment, just cant see him jacking in Blackpool for us. He has done well there, and even if they may well get relegated, can't see him giving up just a few games in. It is ****** anyway dude, like I said, on facebook, was probably a wind up anyway!!

holloway is a good manager...

got QPR automatically out of this league...did very well at plymouth before leaving for leicester, where it never worked out...

had time out to reflect and look at his failings...takes the blackpool job with a bonus just to keep them up...and bloody gets them promoted playing fun attacking football...

maybe, he is having his moment now and after blackpool, will fade back to the NPC etc....but fun anyway

Holloway would make it fun to support Saints again but honestly couldnt see him hitting if off with NC.

But I thought Holloway was very clear at the start of the season that he would toe the chairman's line at Blackpool - even if it presented him with serious challenges.

I like the guy, and I think he'd do a hell of a lot better job at supporter and media relations than Cortese, not that this would be difficult! ;)

Whether he's the right guy for us is another question, but I wouldn't be ticked off it it turned out to be him.

Anyone who gets Hull FC promoted must be good. The season before Hull went up they were as bad as Saints now...Mind you how did Bournemouth get promoted, we appear to miss all these managers who can get unlikly clubs promoted. But you look at these managers and Holloway they are all characters that I cant see getting on with Lowe II.

Paul Lambert from Norwich...bit of talk building up in Norwich. Certainly knows how to get a team out of League 1.ambitious and with contacts. could this be the surprise ?

Is this the 'talk' you're on about? The guy who started that thread is clearly a massive WUM... Has Deppo been frequenting other forums now!?

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1/2244927/ShowPost.aspx#2244927