New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

ok...what are your thoughts in ian dowie..?

I don't get Dowie, he has never achieved anything of note. Edit - Forgot about Palarse

I wouldn't want him as manager.

I would love Howe, MON, Adkins.

Would be ok with Curbs, Zola and even Brown (if he got away from his Ego a little bit, we have had one like that already). Curbs i would wonder about his desire, he has been out of the game a long time.

Have we got the players to get out of this league, yes.

Do you need a tactical genius to get out of this league,no

The whole club needs a lift, but can KK supply that lift to players who are too young to remember exactly what a big name player he was. There is one big name who could gain instant respect and will lift the Club having been a Saints legend. Step forward Alan Shearer.

Course he'll end up at Newcastle, but if he gets us out of this poxy league, then we can attarct a bigger name in the Championship.

I would be happy with that, WITH clark

that would be a pretty good capture for a division 3 team

Italian U21 manager with relative success with west ham...did struggle near the end though

with steve clarke who is clearly a very VERY good coach with a wealth of experience...

poyet would be another manager I would like to see here too

Have we got the players to get out of this league, yes.

Do you need a tactical genius to get out of this league,no

The whole club needs a lift, but can KK supply that lift to players who are too young to remember exactly what a big name player he was. There is one big name who could gain instant respect and will lift the Club having been a Saints legend. Step forward Alan Shearer.

Course he'll end up at Newcastle, but if he gets us out of this poxy league, then we can attarct a bigger name in the Championship.

Everybody knows who Keegan is, and everyone will for a long time.

Frankly.......I feel Saints are becoming an unattractive position for many managers. There is little stability. There is little opportunity to attract new players even on loan. Anyone with another option would take it rather than manage at SMS at the present time. The new manager will , in my view, fall well short of a "WOW" from the vast majority of fans.

WTF?

Yeah, we only bring people in from Serie A on loan and sign one of the best centre backs in the Championship. I imagine any prospective managers will be put off by the fact they won't be able to sign Ibrahimovic or Ozil.

im going to predict Zola will come in with steve clarke....

OK then. I'll agree with that. But I think it could be Pearce or now I think on it more, Shearer is starting to shape in my mind as the type of appointment that NC would go for if the interest was there from AS in the first place.

Pardew ain't off to Villa anyway. Houllier being appointed! I'd not believe any rumours until the ink is dry. Cortese clearly likes to keep his cards close to his chest although I don't see all the benefits to the fan base running the club like an investment bank. I'd hoped we'd got rid of one dictatorship under Lowe but seems the financial world breeds people lacking empathy & humility.

despite the disappointment of yesterday, its not all bad! Sheff W losing today means that we are 6 points off top lol with a game in hand!! new 'mon'ager in asap, new spirit and promotion again as the only aim!!!

Seems to me that everyone in league 1 is having a dodgy start to the season. Win our game in had and will be 3 points from top. Does not sound to bad, and with 2 away games coming up and 6 points then who knows!! Cannot wait for the new manager to be announced, it is going to be a cracker.... here's hoping!

I heard that the only reason Deppo knows is because he's been offered the job.

Once it's been made official we need to unite behind him and give him a chance.

(No Deppo out posts for at least two weeks).

The new appointment is even more exciting than the prospect of me managing Saints.