MK Dons build-up thread..

SB

If he picks Crosby he will lose the faith of a few fans already.

Where's this coming from? has it been said he could feature or something?

He hasn't played for s****horpe this season and has pretty much become just a coach - although in an emergency he's registered as a player.

Seeing as we turned these boys over repeatedly last season, we have to be thinking "win".

I think a lot of us, players included, have let a bit of complacency set in this season, if we go out with the "we always beat MK" mentality we'll likely come unstuck. Fingers crossed though.

This is a very good route - we went Southampton > A34 > Oxford > A43/A421 Bicester/Buckingham > MK - absolute doddle. 2 hour drive, other than a little bit of traffic at a roundabout going round Buckingham, sailed through! A number of pubs along the route.

Parked for free in Asda right next to the ground, no problems getting out.

Where's this coming from? has it been said he could feature or something?

He hasn't played for s****horpe this season and has pretty much become just a coach - although in an emergency he's registered as a player.

Wasn't even registered as a player at Scunny but is with us.

A couple of people reckon he will pick him to "steady the ship". I don't think it will happen, just saying that if he does it will be his first major mistake.

We've got a lot to sort out before we can go in with confidence. I'd settle for a draw, a win would be fantastic.

I agree with your first part, but remember that MKD are poor, we beat them repeatedly last year and we should have a natural lift from the new appointment. They have will have a small turnout (dont get many normally but Utd are on the telly...) who will be lost in that big ground, and they make s*d all noise.

I think we will win but only by one

I think he might just go with 4-5-1. He'll be more concerned not to lose than to win, to stop the rot..... and anyway 4-5-1 can be quite attacking if it moves to 4-3-3 quickly enough.

Let's face it Connolly has been one of this season's greater disappointments. He looked so classy at first last season, but now he is very 'quiet'. He would be better used as an 'impact' sub again -- especially given we haven't got anyone else to come on at the moment! So I'd go for Ricky up front on his own .. assuming he is anywhere near fit at last. After that decision the team pretty much picks itself until AL and Barnard return to give some competition for places

I agree with your first part, but remember that MKD are poor, we beat them repeatedly last year and we should have a natural lift from the new appointment. They have will have a small turnout (dont get many normally but Utd are on the telly...) who will be lost in that big ground, and they make s*d all noise.

I think we will win but only by one

Different manager and new players. They're doing well at the moment last season is no guide to this season. Just look at us.............

Just because he knows Mills, doesn't mean he'll pick him imo. He's watched videos of all the games so far so he knows who are match winners are, namely Puncheon.

I reckon he'll go with:

SKD

Butters Martin Fonte Harding

Punch Hammond Guly Morgan Dickson

Lambo

I think it'll be:

Adkins

Butterfield Fonte Crosby Harding

Puncheon Hammond Wilkins Mills

Lambert Cortese

Tell me I'm wrong!

Adkins

Adkins Adkins Crosby Adkins

Adkins Adkins Adkins Adkins

Adkins Adkins

Adkins best team from what he's seen so far

Sad thing is he has to listen to Wilkins to get an opinion on who to play tonight.

That's why the team will be the same as the last one.

Can we win it?

If nobody gets injured then NA can turn it around with some subs because he will spot the MK weakness.

0-0 @ 70 mins and the game is ours.

"Unfortunately some will fall by the wayside' says Adkins. Hope all the players take note and put in performances that don't kick start the process that will see them loaned out to L2 and Conference clubs. L1 'Superstars' - it's time to deliver.

Thats what I was worried about. We have basically a sound team (they proved that last year, and against Brizzile rovers this season) we don't need lots of player changes we just need someone to get their heads right. They haven't gone from a team that topped the form league at the end of last season to crap players over the summer. Lots of changes in team memebers will just result in more time wasted "gelling" then if we don't go up we'll get all the it wasn't Nigels team excuses. If Nigel is any good he should be able to get good performances out of these players Just as AP did.

Edited by doddisalegend

LOL@ People thinking Crosby will play. Utter morons. HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Amazing.

Why on earth do people think Andy Crosby is going to play?

He is 37 years old and I don't believe it is possible he can even be registered as a player for Saints until January, nor would he be fit. He has pretty much retired from playing.

Andy Crosby's last game was the playoff final in the 2008/09 season ffs

This :lol:

What are you morons going on about? People? It was one post. One person. Even he only posted it as an alternative squad. No wonder so many people here panic about the first hint of a rumour with this kind of stupidity.

They obviously include their booking fee in the ticket price. Don't you much prefer our way of doing things? ;)

PS £25 on the night.

**** that. An evening with Alpine on the match thread it is then.

I've just checked and it's bloody £52 quid to see Chicago at the theatre tonight. I was going to go but that's just a rip off for 2 hours of entertainment.....:rolleyes: ;)