Who are You?

pressingon

27, Live in Coventry

First Home Game: v Leeds, August 1995. 1-1 Draw.

First Away Game: at Sheffield Wednesday, 0-1 away win. February 2000.

Season Ticket Holder in the Kingsland/Chapel corner for the last 2 years. Have been a season ticket holder on and off (due to economic reality) since 2004.

First away - Old Trafford in the same season. Think we lost 3-0.

I was there too for that one, 0-0 at half time thinking we were containing them. Second half they got out of first gear and utterly destroyed us. Wigley's last game in charge if I remember right.

Age 56 Live in Newbury

First Home game was against Charlton in 1966 Saints won 1 nil

Fell in love with all things Saints, I used to queue outside the ground well before 13:00 for a 15:00 kick off to get a spot by the wall (I was in seat A17 at the Gaumont for Led Zep, Moody Blues and ELP so I am a bit obssessive). I would freeze my nuts off in winter. Never told my parents I went. Didn't miss a home game for 5 years until I got a Saturday job.

Season ticket holder - I now arrive 30 minutes before a game these days, grab a hot dog and coke and take my seat. I now wear a Berghaus Incinerator jacket to matches and I can't get cold!!

Blimey!!! a few wrinkles on here so far. Age 58, originally from Cowes, saw my first game when I was about 8 or 9, and was hooked.Served in the Army, but was a regular attender when I could, both home and away. Became a season ticket holder at the Dell, and for the first couple of years at St Mary's, alas, shift work now makes that non-viable, spend most of my life now, either working or sleeping of the working!! Have many good memory s as a Saints fan.

23 and I live in Bristol

First game was that 2-3 against Villa in 2005. I still wake up screaming...

First away game was a 1-1 draw at Scunny under Pearson in 2008. Both penalties, Vignal scored ours with 5 minutes left right in front of me.

Pip, 31, from Kent, but now I live in Birmingham. Saints fan since I was 12 maybe. My Great Uncle Dave supported them and since my dad is not into football decided to support them too even though my local team was gillingham growing up. Never been to The Dell or St Marys but go to a few midlands games every year. Growing up loved Le Tiss obviously, also really liked Pahars and Paul Jones as i used to play in goal a bit. I dont post a lot but i do visit the boards almost every other day.

48 (well for a few more days anyway). West End.

First game was the Channon testimonial after winning the FA Cup in 1976.

First away game - buggered if I can remember, but it would have been some time in 1977. We used to buy coach tickets for away matches from Princess Summerbee in West End on the way home from school for a couple of quid.

39 (not long till 40 sadly...) Born Hythe lived in Holbury then Ringwood till I escaped to uni..

Now back in Hampshire (living in Fleet) after a tour of Nottinghamshire!

First game was circa 77/78 as a 5 year old lad with my dad stood in the Milton on a box...think it may of been man City???!! So long ago.

First proper away game was at Ashton Gate to see us play City...Think we won 1-0..It snowed and was freezing..probably 1980 ish....

Hopefully going to be going regularly again after an absence with my 5 year old lad.....

48 - Lived in Minsk, Belarus for almost 8 years now. Grew up in Eastleigh (town centre); also lived in Bishopstoke, Chandlers Ford, Sholing, Hilsea (shudder), Gibraltar and Cyprus.

First match was against Spuds at WHL in Jan 1970. We won 3-1. I can remember chanting that (we won 3-1) coming out of the stadium and on the tube, with my old man constantly telling me not to. As a 7 year old I couldn't understand why I shouldn't. Luckily we got home unscathed.

Strangely, I cant remember my first home match - but think it was either Burnley or Blackpool the same season.

48 (well for a few more days anyway). West End.

First game was the Channon testimonial after winning the FA Cup in 1976.

First away game - buggered if I can remember, but it would have been some time in 1977. We used to buy coach tickets for away matches from Princess Summerbee in West End on the way home from school for a couple of quid.

Actually I lied - my first match was a 1-1 at home to Bolton. God knows when it was but it was in the early '70's. Stood in a half empty Archers Road terrace. Can anyone help me find out when it was? All I can remember is that they scored first and we equalised, but I am not even sure about that.

38 live in Dunstable, grew up in Fareham but chose the Red side rather than the Blue. Moving back south to live in Ferndown in a couple of weeks.

First game in 1981 vs Luton at the Dell, first away vs Everton FA cup Final at Highbury. My son is now an avid fan and his favourite player is Richard Chaplow as he got a Happy Birthday tweet from him on his 7th birthday

Interesting that the average age on here is probably a lot higher than most would expect. I'm 56, originally from the Isle of Wight but living in Wiltshire for last 30 years or so.

1st home game v Chelsea, 3-5, 1966/67, taken by my Dad (RIP) who was a Pompey supporter, promised to take me once, and never again :-). Kept his word.

1st away game v Arsenal, don't recall which season but Chivers transfer was still fresh in the memory and he was sat a few seats away with his leg in plaster, I think it was 0-0 (wasn't it always with Arsenal in those days). Still have the programme with his autograph.

Aged 58.

First game when I was about 7 with my dad who was a regular. Lived in Bitterne then. For several years it was every home game and reserve game. Then more away games. Moved to Shirley, then Nottingham, South Africa and Cumbria still supporting Saints. Now live on an old sailing boat, currently in Kas, Turkey.

Two daughters and one brother (playwright of Herbie and The saints fame) who are all also avid Saints fans.

Best days out. Wembley '76 and Cardiff final with both daughters (make the most of today, there won't be many like it)!

Thank goodness for skype and SaintsPlayer.

John Douch

Aged 38 from Shoreham, near Brighton. First home game escapes me but, living where I do, first away game was at the Goldstone during 82/83 season; a 1-0 win with a goal from Danny Wallace. Saints allegiance comes from my Eastleigh-based Uncle who took me to my first couple of games at The Dell, got me my first replica kit and I was hooked. Much to the annoyance of my other Brighton-based relatives...

Hold on a minute; handing out these details, have I just been groomed?

Born in Winchester, but living in Reading when I got into football (aged 7) and pestered my Dad to take me to a game. As Dad (and my uncles) was a Saints fan, he took me to Reading vs Saints in 1960. Can't remember the game except we lost.

Moved to Lymington when I was 11 and really became a Saints supporter in 1965 (hence unoriginal moniker).

First home game was Swansea April 65, we won 3-1, Martin Chivers got our first, Cliff Huxford scored an own-goal.

To the guy who's first game was Charlton in 1966 - that was one hell of an intrioduction. I knew we were going up after that one.

27, originally from Dibden Purlieu in the New Forest. Went to Plymouth Uni from 02-06. Now live in Weybridge in Surrey and work in London as a Business Analyst. First home game was Wimbledon 1994 (the one with THAT free kick). First away game, for my sins, was at Palace last year in the League Cup. Get to as many as I can, but it's not as many as I'd like to.

Edited by Dibden Purlieu Saint

26 from Southampton, 'Ampshire born, 'Ampshire bred. First home game 1994, 1-1 draw with Sheffield Weds, stood in the bottom tier of Milton Road, Ken Monkou scored for us.

First away at Villa 99-00 season, won 1-0 thanks to a late header from Deano. Paul Jones was amazing that day.

21 Andover.

First Home Match- Newcastle in 1997, 2-0 down, Le Tissier scores a last minute screamer from 25 yards to earn us a point.

First Away Match- Stoke in 2006, won 2-1 Rasiak scored both i think.

Good thread!!

25 - Now Bristol, but formerly Souhampton and Salisbury.

First game was when my dad took me to the Dell to watch the Saints vs Arsenal 1-0 win, not sure of the year but would guess 94/95 season? Can't be fussed to look it up. Memmorable moments would be the JPT final at Wembley and staying up at home on the last game of the season. I aslo think I got very upset as a wee boy when we lost away to stockport in one of the cups :)

Oh an other other event, invaiding the pitch at Bashley (in a pre seasons friendly) at half time with a kick about with a load of other kids, before getting chucked off by stewards :) HaHa, that was a great laugh!! And playing on the pitch at the dell at half time!! great days!

Actually I lied - my first match was a 1-1 at home to Bolton. God knows when it was but it was in the early '70's. Stood in a half empty Archers Road terrace. Can anyone help me find out when it was? All I can remember is that they scored first and we equalised, but I am not even sure about that.
Found it! It was 22 Feb 1975 and we lost 0-1 Doh!

25 from Wokingham.. lived here all my life apart from 4 years at Bournemouth University.

first home game was Villa in 2001 I believe under the lights. I could be wrong but I think that was Gordon Strachans first game in charge.. lost 1-3. the atmosphere was electric and fell in love with Saints instantly.

First away game was the last away game of that season also against Villa. Everyone wore ginger wigs to recognise Strachan

Grew up in Droxford in the Meon Valley, now Southampton.

First game (I think) 4-0 win V Boro at the Dell 1996. I think Tiss scored twice and Ravanelli missed a pen. Still one of the worst pens I've seen to date.

Glad the thread has carried on, interesting to see the average age being higher than I expected.. Sorry fellas!

Do people really remember their first game? I remember the season I went as a young lad, but don't have a clue which one it was. (No I am not an old c***)

Absolutely. My first game was home against Sunderland in 1967. 2-1 down at half time and we finished up with a 3-2 win. How can you not remember a game like that, First away game was at Chelsea where we also won 3-2 (there's a theme developing here). Never thought I would see 3 cup finals involving Saints (and that's not counting the Daily Exprerss five a side or the Teaxaco Cup Final v Newcastle).

Absolutely. My first game was home against Sunderland in 1967. 2-1 down at half time and we finished up with a 3-2 win. How can you not remember a game like that, First away game was at Chelsea where we also won 3-2 (there's a theme developing here). Never thought I would see 3 cup finals involving Saints (and that's not counting the Daily Exprerss five a side or the Teaxaco Cup Final v Newcastle).

Fair play. I have just looked through in that number and I still can't work out what my first match was. I think I was 7 or 8 though ffs

40, Hedge End,GSOH, first game must have been 19080ish against one of the Bristols, can't remember the score. There was then a 21 year gap to my second game, can't remember who that was against. Started going regularly when St Mary's opened and have been a season ticket holder for 9 years.

I'm amazed at peoples footballing memories, I salute you, brain like a sieve me

50, Bursledon

First home game 0-0 v Coventry probably in 69 (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was sold out so Dad took me to Dell instead)

First away Spurs prob 1971, we won 2-1 with two Channon goals in the last 5 mins (or maybe not memories get muddled)

40, from Blackfield, moved to southampton 1985.

1st game was away to QPR in 1987, we lost 2 - 1

1st home we won 4 - 0 Leicester in the archers.

currently a STH in the Northam

40, from Blackfield, moved to southampton 1985.

1st game was away to QPR in 1987, we lost 2 - 1

1st home we won 4 - 0 Leicester in 1987 in the archers.

currently a STH in the Northam

Twins?

Under 50 (over 49) Southampton.

First game 1972 v Chelsea at the Dell, Tuesday night under lights, 2-2 (Ron Davis 2, Tommy Baldwin 2), over 24,000, went with older cousin and mates from Shirley Warren. Hooked.

First away, Oxford mid 70s, half the Saints fans in stand behind the goal (shared with home fans), half down side. Spent most of game watching Saints fans trying to get past OB and over the fence to like-minded home fans. Hooked going away too.

Older than I've ever been, and younger than I'll ever be again.

1st match home to Wolves, April '68, 1st away, Arsenal in the snow as shown recently on here, Eric Martin doing a Kelvin Davis prequel.

I first became aware of Saints whilst a sprog in Singapore when the team played there on a pre-season tour in 64. My mate got Denis Hollywood's shirt which he wore to school (it reached the ground!!). Moved back to Winch in 67, started going with schoolmates.

Chocolate box, Milton Road, northern aways only whilst living in Jockoland 85-99. Now in Somerset, Block 4 upper.

Age? I'm not telling you lot!! Arrived here in 1956 from Dublin (Dad running from the Irish Tax man). Now live in the 'posh' part of Lordswood and the 'poor' part of Bassett. Went to my first game same year (age 10) against Bmth. Think we won 5-1 (?) Remember Derek Reeves scored and was hooked for life. I'm glad I have the opportunity to confess that I got in by pushing the corner of the large gate in Milton Road open and squeezing in.

Second confession, my son is a Liverpool fan but I got his son into Saints and we go to every home game and one or two away. I'm enjoying watching Saints and I put that credit down to NA. Take a bow, Mr A!

27 - First Match 3-0 win over the Skates at St Mary's... My family are all Brighton Fans, was the first game I could get to on my own!! hence my being older than most for a first game.. season ticket holder

Take a bow! Top man.

56, now Otterbourne, but lived in Archers Rd 1959 to 1985

first H game, v Stoke May 1963 to see Stan Matthews but he was rested

first A game, Boxing Day at Stamford Bridge 1969 we lost 3-0 or 3-1.

Claims to fame - went to every game in the 1976 FA Cup win and vice capt of Fitzhugh Public House (Milton Rd) Darts team which regularly inc Peter Osgood, Jim Steele and Gerry O'Brien. Happy Days.