Saints Vs Reading Match Thread

St Chalet

Billy Sharp is just atrocious not good enough for top 10 championship let alone premier league, will be gone within 2 years

Roll up roll up, we dominate for 45 mins, Reading have one shot and score, and up pop the idiots to run us down.

well, they don't to be fair...its been all saints. clearly

but poor in the pointy end of the pitch

Well, sodding SportItalia isn't showing the game so I've only seen the last 15 minutes on a stream after rushing back from the bar and that seems a fair summary from what I've seen. Our passing forward has generally been good - not to much square and backwards - but crossing has been poor.

De Ridder on for Chaplow - hampered by that card perhaps. As long a the team are less panicky than us.....

Our shape has been pretty good, with width on both sides, but Chappers needs replacing. I'd be inclined to go with De Ridder because he'll keep Harte occupied, but he needs to remember his defensive role.

That was one lousy 30 seconds from Fox - the dire crossfield ball and then he let Kebe get the cross in.

Well it's very annoying that we have been so dominant but find ourselves behind, but I take heart from the performance so far and as long as we remain patient then eventually the Reading defence will crack - of that I am certain.

Just an observation I have made, and I fully expect to get flamed for it, but has anybody else noticed how much better we are keeping possession with Guly not in the team?

Apart from the goal we've been fairly solid defensively against a very cohesive side. Offensively Lambert has been excellent at dropping deep and receiving the ball, but so far his three outlets have let him down - Sharp muscled off the ball, Lallana well up for it but not hitting anything and Chappers just having a bad day at the office. We ned... *gulp* ... Guly somewhere in the side. Someone to hold up the ball, activate the players around him (including Butterfield) and wait for Lambert to come back into the box.

Well it's very annoying that we have been so dominant but find ourselves behind, but I take heart from the performance so far and as long as we remain patient then eventually the Reading defence will crack - of that I am certain.

Just an observation I have made, and I fully expect to get flamed for it, but has anybody else noticed how much better we are keeping possession with Guly not in the team?

I'd rather he were on the pitch in the 2nd half than Chaplow (who's been utter shite).