Please don't embarrass us with any more clown costumes

dune

... or Gimp suits, tinsel wigs, jesters hats etc.

We are now back in the spot light and the cameras will be covering every angle. The last thing we now need is wallys in fancy dress showing us up.

Agreed. Watching the BBC coverage back yesterday of Saturday's game and pretty much everything was positive apart from how many middle aged men had decided to go to football dressed as a freak. We take the p**s out of that skate Westwood, it's the same principle.

We are now back in the spot light and the cameras will be covering every angle. The last thing we now need is wallys in fancy dress showing us up.

Lighten up jerk! If people want to do that then let them. Who are you to tell people what they can and can't wear.

Lighten up jerk! If people want to do that then let them. Who are you to tell people what they can and can't wear.

I'm a member of the Saints Web SS (style squad). Sour Mash, Turkish, and This Charming Man are also allowed to issue instructions.

Every club has them. What a bunch of utter tw*ts blackpool displayed for the amusement of a grateful nation, those cretinous orange wigs were hideously embarrassing.

They still beat us though.

Wigs are bad enough, but now so many are wearing them that even more wacky fancy dress is coming to the fore as all the odd balls try to out spaz each other.

Seems very popular at the cricket these days too.... I'm guessing here, but perhaps dressing like a ***t is seen as a means of increasing the probability of appearing on the television? Quite aside from the thoroughly depressing obsession with 'getting on the tele', it's important to remember that while this goal may be achieved it is done so not on merit but merely through sacrificing self respect.

Seems very popular at the cricket these days too.... I'm guessing here, but perhaps dressing like a ***t is seen as a means of increasing the probability of appearing on the television? Quite aside from the thoroughly depressing obsession with 'getting on the tele', it's important to remember that while this goal may be achieved it is done so not on merit but merely through sacrificing self respect.

You only have to look at the deliberately idiotic sorts that audition for X Factor to see this, but I still can't understand the "fun" aspect of it.

Presumably the gentlemen with the dress suits on met with your approval, or in fact should we all go as if dressed for an evening at the Opera. No doubt you also have your list of acceptable chants and general behaviour on match days.

I think what you are missing is that it is a very British trait to be able, to not take yourself too seriously. eg act the fool and not give a damn about what others think of you.

anyone who contemplates dressing up should have this thought beforehand. why the f uck would you want to even remotely look like that poor excuse of a human being. young kids doing it is fair enough i suppose but grown adults ?

That's the point. Fancy dress is for kids or for themed parties, not for a sporting event.

You should post a picture of how you dress to go to a match, then we'll

(a) know how we should behave and

(b) judge who is the clown and who is embarrassing

Why do some gimps always want to judge other people. I don't dress as a clown (or anything else other than an old geezer) but I don't judge others, just try growing up and letting others live as they want to live. It doesn't harm you. If you are easily embarrassed by your fellow Saints supporters perhaps it would be better if you supported someone else. Aldershot would probably welcome some more supporters to make them the second biggest team in Hampshire (if they aren't already). Boscombe may also be interested in recruitment of some new bozos.

Despite the numerous threads and posts on this subject since the embarrassment that was the Middlesborough game and the dozens of posters telling us all what a great laugh dressing up is, not one person has actually managed to say why and how it is this nonstop LOLathon that they are claiming it to be.

Despite the numerous threads and posts on this subject since the embarrassment that was the Middlesborough game and the dozens of posters telling us all what a great laugh dressing up is, not one person has actually managed to say why and how it is this nonstop LOLathon that they are claiming it to be.

Bit like endlessly trolling a forum for Saints fans then. Pointless and makes the orginator look a little pathetic.

Seriously! anyone that dresses up like a clown or such like is a f uckin clown or such like!

PLEASE STOP IT!!!

Saying that, i think its only going to get worse it the prem :-(

Can you imagine some of these gimps being transported back in time and rolling up at some grim godforsaken Northern ground back in the eighties ?

Can you imagine some of these gimps being transported back in time and rolling up at some grim godforsaken Northern ground back in the eighties ?

Edward I sent in the Irish at the battle of Falkirk (well actually this is complete ******** because a) there weren't that many there, and b) they didn't switch sides).

We could send in the clowns....

Edited by dune

But is it ok if I go dressed as a troll?

So who are you talking to? Did someone on here wear one? People forget that this site is about 2% of our fan base. Wish more would use it!