Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

Surely, the issue isn't with the player's agent but with the club's representatives?

I posted this tweet earlier

@Marcotti: @ConorSwain Some have reported it's Penarol, others that it's a fund controlled by his agent, Betancourt

Maybe the issue is lying with his agent has he is trying to take his 30% cut, therefore making the transfer fee smaller for Bologna?

If we were to meet Ramirez's agent and say "Look, if you withdraw your 30% from the equation, we can get this deal done and then sort you out with a bit later on?"

Very much still game on. Exclusive in last few minutes...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tuttomercatoweb.com%2Fbologna%2F%3Faction%3Dread%26idtmw%3D377422

EXCLUSIVE TMW - Ramirez, agent in meeting with Southampton

Gaston Ramirez - Southampton, the soap opera continues. In these few minutes the agent is meeting with the British company to unlock the deal and especially finding a solution to the problems arising in the day. Moments, decisive days. The deal to bring the striker Bologna in England is still standing ...

Liking the updates mate!

Keep 'em coming!

May be it is like the Tevez situation a few years ago when the agent also owned part of the player rights?

It's not the agent, it's a third party ownership with his former club.

Happens a lot in Italy, especially between Italian clubs. One club will own 40% and the other 60% etc, so if a club wants to buy a player they need to agree a fee with both clubs. Italy has always played it like that as far as I know, seems a real shaddy league

May be it is like the Tevez situation a few years ago when the agent also owned part of the player rights?

Well it is, other than we're not planning on knowingly breaking Premier League third party ownership rules which ended up costing West Ham £50m in compensation to Sheff Utd after they unfairly stayed up.

Bit of a pain but we should be able to broker a deal with which all 3 clubs are satisfied. We've still done the hardest bit by getting the player terms sorted.

This is exactly why Cortese wants all transfer news kept silent and out of the media. Now you've got the problem of having fans raised expectations and if the deal doesn't happened then the whole mood around the fan base will change. I know it's hard and almost impossible to keep a transfer like this quiet, but those moaning about him trying to keep everything quiet need to realise he has a very valid point and reason behind it.

All well and good in League One where no-one is even trying to find out about your transfers, slightly less simple when you're playing the Champions on live tv on a channel that broadcasts 24 hour sports news and in a league that shows all over the world. There are too many leaks and too many angles to keep everything secret all the time, it's just the nature of the beast.

As ever, the main reason to keep transfers quiet is to stop rivals affecting the deal, nothing else.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen anyone moan about us keeping transfers quiet. I've seen people moan because they think we're not doing any because we try to keep them quiet but that's not the same thing.

Edited by The9

All well and good in League One where no-one is even trying to find out about your transfers, slightly less simple when you're playing the Champions on live tv on a channel that broadcasts 24 hour sports news and in a league that shows all over the world. There are too many leaks and too many angles to keep everything secret all the time, it's just the nature of the beast.

Well exactly, I know it's almost impossible to do it now. I just remember people moaning and moaning about our need to keep things quiet a while ago, well this is exactly why we try....

Well exactly, I know it's almost impossible to do it now. I just remember people moaning and moaning about our need to keep things quiet a while ago, well this is exactly why we try....

No it isn't, see my edit. It's got nothing to do with managing fan expectations, Cortese patently doesn't give a toss, how often do you see him interacting with critics? It's entirely to stop other clubs jumping in with better offers during negotiations.

As ever, the main reason to keep transfers quiet is to stop rivals affecting the deal, nothing else.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen anyone moan about us keeping transfers quiet. I've seen people moan because they think we're not doing any because we try to keep them quiet but that's not the same thing.

Agree it's a lot harder but it's not impossible. And it's not an absolute standard, a case of having to keep monastic silence, more a case of doing things discretely.

The Gaston story wouldn't have reached fever pitch if the player had kept his mouth shut - and usually you can count on players discretion. We still don't know the juicy story Nixon's planning tmrw. Lens was kept under wraps for a while and even after it broke its we knew nothing about its progress.

I'm sure Gaston only spoke out because he was told things were more concrete than they were by his agent?

Exactly. He wouldn't have just come out and said that if he didnt think that a deal was close. If it was miles off, he would've stayed quiet without doubt IMO.

Not sure anyone moans about what you talking about but hey ho.

And anyway, the way people drone on on here like Nicola Cortese somehow invented the private transfer deal is far more nauseating.

All clubs try and do their transfers in private. All of them. All the time. It's not something the world's most visionary chairman has dreamt up.

No it isn't, see my edit. It's got nothing to do with managing fan expectations, Cortese patently doesn't give a toss, how often do you see him interacting with critics? It's entirely to stop other clubs jumping in with better offers during negotiations.

Why have you got so fuking High and mighty on all things saints?

Not sure anyone moans about what you talking about but hey ho.

And anyway, the way people drone on on here like Nicola Cortese somehow invented the private transfer deal is far more nauseating.

All clubs try and do their transfers in private. All of them. All the time. It's not something the world's most visionary chairman has invented.

All clubs obviously do not

Chelsea are hardly private when they decide they want someone at all costs

What, one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world? Yeah, sure all the gossip comes straight out of the chairman's office.

And that Abramovic, eh? Always on TV and giving interviews. Wish he'd shut up for a bit.

What, one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world? Yeah, sure all the gossip comes straight out of the chairman's office.

And that Abramovic, eh? Always on TV and giving interviews. Wish he'd shut up for a bit.

They don't play the same roles as Cortese does though? They aren't as involved in the day-to-day management of clubs -for better or worse.

Plus it's a club-wide policy. NA is also told to shut the **** up. Getting the weather out of him is like blood out of a stone. I've never know anything like it at least in my time supporting the club.

Most managers are permitted to speak with greater freedom, even if their chairmen don't. We're not setting any precedents but we are doing things to a greater degree.

Clearly not the case is it?

And who said it was a cortese invention??????

People talk about our policy like it makes us different. It doesn't.

And it is not true anyway.

We've been publicly linked with every player we've signed with the possible exception of Hooiveld. They've all had threads on here and national paper pieces about them. So, frankly, not that private anyway.

Basically, as "private" as any other club.

The Don's in a pickle. We all know that he's a mean machine (being polite).

He's pretty much got his own way on most things for the past couple of years, not many mistakes and he's been out of the limelight since everyone had simply blanked us from their memories.

Now we are back, we're in the media spotlight and every twitch is analysed to death by the global media looking to fill PL pages.

With Jamal and a couple of others it was all well and good to simply walk away. This time? Well, things are a little different. His "Recruitment Team" have come up with a potential gem. He's suddenly found us trending world wide in social media (bet Sibley's worn out cutting & pasting every tweet for his media scrap-book!)

So now he has to decide. He obviously planned staged payments (to tie in with income from PL & TV) but now he is faced with having to dip into real cash in a real bank.

Does he do this? Does he show the world we are back and mean business on the pitch by "giving in"? Or does he stay true to type and walk away because he didn't win.

Business Brain vs Ego vs Marketing.

Will be an interesting watch

IMHO he'll pay the cash and we may have to wait for Phillips or Buttner (as long as we DON'T have to wait for a CB)

People talk about our policy like it makes us different. It doesn't.

And it is not true anyway.

We've been publicly linked with every player we've signed with the possible exception of Hooiveld. So, frankly, not that private anyway.

Basically, as "private" as any other club.

Sorry, I thought we were comparing saints not being drawn into names of players to Dave whelan phoning up talksport daily to give them updates, names and time scales

Obviously there is no difference

And I can't really agree that many... More than about 4 whole people think we do this uniquely

They don't play the same roles as Cortese does though? They aren't as involved in the day-to-day management of clubs -for better or worse.

Plus it's a club-wide policy. NA is also told to shut the **** up. Getting the weather out of him is like blood out of a stone. I've never know anything like it at least in my time supporting the club.

Most managers are permitted to speak with greater freedom, even if their chairmen don't. We're not setting any precedents but we are doing things to a greater degree.

Sorry that is total guff. Any manager at any club is going to use the same kind of phrases that Adkins used only yesterday. "I'm not going to speak about players from other clubs" is a phrase you'll hear from club managers on SSN or wherever all season. Its the kind of thing even bloody Arry used to say.

And the league is chock full of uncommunicative chairman and owners.

PS Cortese gave a lengthy interview to the sun. Plenty of blood, no stone.

Its the Swiss way of business - you TRY and keep it confidential, and its IMHO the way it should be - no disspointment when it does not work out, no chance of teh deal being scuppered by other new parties who smell an opportunity...

Not sure why this is such a big deal for some - or that there is concern about being more secretive in these operations - too much bull**** and egocentric arseholes mouthing off in the media in football for years, to makes a bit of chanmge that we at least try and play things a little closer to home.

And Fry, Just what is your fricken problem with NC? NO he is not above criticism, and yes he will get things wrong, but so will anyone. Just dont get the constant need to gripe about every little thing, when if looking at the bigger picture we cant complain - you come across like a fecking blue rince mary whitehousesque curtain twitcher who complains about a 2 second glimpse of a nipple before 9pm as 'filth' and 'depravity'.... jeez

The Don's in a pickle. We all know that he's a mean machine (being polite).

He's pretty much got his own way on most things for the past couple of years, not many mistakes and he's been out of the limelight since everyone had simply blanked us from their memories.

Now we are back, we're in the media spotlight and every twitch is analysed to death by the global media looking to fill PL pages.

With Jamal and a couple of others it was all well and good to simply walk away. This time? Well, things are a little different. His "Recruitment Team" have come up with a potential gem. He's suddenly found us trending world wide in social media (bet Sibley's worn out cutting & pasting every tweet for his media scrap-book!)

So now he has to decide. He obviously planned staged payments (to tie in with income from PL & TV) but now he is faced with having to dip into real cash in a real bank.

Does he do this? Does he show the world we are back and mean business on the pitch by "giving in"? Or does he stay true to type and walk away because he didn't win.

Business Brain vs Ego vs Marketing.

Will be an interesting watch

IMHO he'll pay the cash and we may have to wait for Phillips or Buttner (as long as we DON'T have to wait for a CB)

That was a really good post phil! Like casting pearls before swine tho tucked inbetween a pretty dumb argument bout secret transfers.

I like the way your thinking tho, I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it is!

Sorry that is total guff. Any manager at any club is going to use the same kind of phrases that Adkins used only yesterday. "I'm not going to speak about players from other clubs" is a phrase you'll hear from club managers on SSN or wherever all season. Its the kind of thing even bloody Arry used to say.

And the league is chock full of uncommunicative chairman and owners.

PS Cortese gave a lengthy interview to the sun. Plenty of blood, no stone.

Obviously you haven't heard the opinion of the south coast's Woodward and Bernstein, messrs Blackmore and Temple if you think most managers are as non communicative as Adkins -and that holds for all information from transfers to injuries.

Edited by shurlock

So, we try to keep business as quiet as possible. As do others, some don't

Well, that mystery is now solved

So bit pointless you picking me up on it then? Thought so.

Although you have actually failed to name a club that "don't" but there you go.

Its the Swiss way of business - you TRY and keep it confidential, and its IMHO the way it should be - no disspointment when it does not work out, no chance of teh deal being scuppered by other new parties who smell an opportunity...

Not sure why this is such a big deal for some - or that there is concern about being more secretive in these operations - too much bull**** and egocentric arseholes mouthing off in the media in football for years, to makes a bit of chanmge that we at least try and play things a little closer to home.

And Fry, Just what is your fricken problem with NC? NO he is not above criticism, and yes he will get things wrong, but so will anyone. Just dont get the constant need to gripe about every little thing, when if looking at the bigger picture we cant complain - you come across like a fecking blue rince mary whitehousesque curtain twitcher who complains about a 2 second glimpse of a nipple before 9pm as 'filth' and 'depravity'.... jeez

God help us, Geoffrey Howe has waded into the debate. Sorry, I dozed off. Was it the usual sh i te?

If we want him that badly it will get sorted. Depends how much NA and NC think he is worth.

Something I've maintained since the start of the saga, if we are willing to pay £11.8m then i'm sure stretching to somewhere between £13-15m wont be that difficult. Even if, as i said, we sacrifice 2 permanent CB deals and get just 1 in permanently and one potentially on loan if required. It'd definitely be worth doing this without doubt and who knows, we may still be able to bring in 2 CB's? Depends on size of budget.