Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

May I bring the case of Steven Fletcher of Wolves to your attention? They are asking for £15m... 15!?

Yeah well that's just stupid but fair play to Wolves if they can rob someone of that money. St. Donovan, thanks for the vids - I've seen them though and they don't do much for me I'm afraid. I'm sure Ramirez is probably a great player and, if it comes off, then I look forward to seeing him play but based on what I've seen so far there doesn't seem that much to get excited about.

For those who are not sure about the quality of our prospective signing, Mr Ramirez...:rolleyes:

As an expert on all things football:p this footballer is pure class and will be a star for the mighty Saints..:)

There are still doubts in my mind that some of my fellow posters do not support Saints or know zilch about football.:D

It may be the case that some just wish to swirl their crocodile handbags at every opportunity regardless of the subject up for debate;)

For those who ask....my handbag is back in the wardrobe with my Rupert clown suit and mask:blush:

Regards

Your South West Footer expert:smug: and all things handbags and clown outfits;)

COYS

Draw tomorrow or even a sneaky 2-1 win:)

Yeah well that's just stupid but fair play to Wolves if they can rob someone of that money. St. Donovan, thanks for the vids - I've seen them though and they don't do much for me I'm afraid. I'm sure Ramirez is probably a great player and, if it comes off, then I look forward to seeing him play but based on what I've seen so far there doesn't seem that much to get excited about.

Can I just ask what potential realistic signing would get you excited?

Why are you such an arrogant snivelling little shat bag? Your posting style suggests you are a massive ***t.

Your positing style suggests you are quite an angry little man. Every post you make seems incredibly aggressive. It's only an internet forum.

Southampton-Ramirez, the situation

Article published Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 16:20 - Bologna , Premier League .

We started from scratch. The negotiation between Bologna and Southampton Ramirez can start again. Yesterday, the president of the English club has contacted the Bologna on Monday discussed with Guaraldi. The Bologna does not move from its position: 15 million for 70% of the card. Without thinking then commissions to agents and premium training to Penarol. The payment methods are a problem that can be overcome. And think of the Bologna substitute for Ramirez, which can be Floccari. Pioli is thinking of changing form, with Diamonds only playmaker behind two strikers. A Bologna without Ramirez ...

So going by that, it looks like he thinks it should still go through. Says that NC contacted Bologna yesterday to discuss a fee with the Bologna president. They're not budging from their stance.

If I am up to speed on google English the journalist thinks a deal between the clubs can still be done and the manager is already thinking of replacements and a change in formation when he leaves.

Edited by MOSaint

Here's a better translation from http://www.football-italia.net/23561/saints-start-again-ramirez

Bologna put a stop to Gaston Ramirez’s move to Southampton, but Italian media report they’re starting negotiations from scratch.

There was chaos on Friday when the Uruguayan announced there were “only details” before finalising the transfer, but Bologna President Albano Guaraldimade it clear “the offer was not considered to be adequate.”

While Ramirez’s attitude and that of his agent have infuriated the Rossoblu, it is now claimed they are prepared to start from scratch with the Saints.

It’s reported that last night Southampton called Bologna to apologise for the confusion and confirm their intention to do things by the book, so talks begin again on Monday.

The price-tag remains the same - €15m for 70 per cent of his contract, so not including a commission for the agent and the 30 per cent still owned byPenarol.

Bologna want the cash upfront, but this could be sorted out with payment ininstalments.

Here's a better translation from http://www.football-italia.net/23561/saints-start-again-ramirez

Bologna put a stop to Gaston Ramirez’s move to Southampton, but Italian media report they’re starting negotiations from scratch.

There was chaos on Friday when the Uruguayan announced there were “only details” before finalising the transfer, but Bologna President Albano Guaraldimade it clear “the offer was not considered to be adequate.”

While Ramirez’s attitude and that of his agent have infuriated the Rossoblu, it is now claimed they are prepared to start from scratch with the Saints.

It’s reported that last night Southampton called Bologna to apologise for the confusion and confirm their intention to do things by the book, so talks begin again on Monday.

The price-tag remains the same - €15m for 70 per cent of his contract, so not including a commission for the agent and the 30 per cent still owned byPenarol.

Bologna want the cash upfront, but this could be sorted out with payment ininstalments.

So all the bed-wetters who say the deal was too good to be true - grow up. Negotiations take time. As this report says, both Saints and Bologna want this deal to happen and are willing to take time and come to a conclusion that suits all 3 parties (Ramirez, Bologna, Penarol).

So all the bed-wetters who say the deal was too good to be true - grow up. Negotiations take time. As this report says, both Saints and Bologna want this deal to happen and are willing to take time and come to a conclusion that suits all 3 parties (Ramirez, Bologna, Penarol).

Now watch someone else come in for him.

Would be nice to think that Nicola has a seat on the board of Bologna's bank. At times I'm wondering whether we are conducting negociations with clubs banks, hence club chairmen knowing nothing of the dealings. There is too much of a similarity in the complaints coming back from clubs whose players we're trying to sign without the chairmen being in the know. Either we are showing inexperience in dealing in transfers or there's something unique in how Nicola conducts his business. If we ever sign Ramirez, Buttner or Phillips perhaps we'll get insight into what went on.

Would be nice to think that Nicola has a seat on the board of Bologna's bank. At times I'm wondering whether we are conducting negociations with clubs banks, hence club chairmen knowing nothing of the dealings. There is too much of a similarity in the complaints coming back from clubs whose players we're trying to sign without the chairmen being in the know. Either we are showing inexperience in dealing in transfers or there's something unique in how Nicola conducts his business. If we ever sign Ramirez, Buttner or Phillips perhaps we'll get insight into what went on.

Teams don't want to lose their best players, welcome to the big league.

Teams don't want to lose their best players, welcome to the big league.

In the case of Bologna their chairman has resigned himself to Ramirez wanting to move on, better himself. in the same ways Saints did the same in the past with players who wanted to move on. Just like with most clubs, Bologna are out to get the most for the player they can squeeze out of suitors. The agents cut could well have been why the price has increased and why they're asking for 20 million.

If his previous club own 30% of him do they pay 30% of his wages? What do they get out of owning a share in him, assuming this is different to a sell on fee?

They get to negotiate there 30% seperately in theory they could ask more for their 30% than Bologna do for their 70%

In a sell off percentage the 2nd club have no say and just get the percentage of whatever the owning club agree.

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

If his previous club own 30% of him do they pay 30% of his wages? What do they get out of owning a share in him, assuming this is different to a sell on fee?

I suspect it's the same as a sell on fee, except that their permission is required for a sale to go through.

A team is built on its defence you start at the back and build your quality from there ...we haven't as yet and I don't understand why not.

Disagree. First and foremost a team needs players that know how to attack and put the ball in the back of the net. It's no good having a quality back line if every time they clear it it comes back to them. They crack in the end.

No team has ever walked onto a pitch scared of the opposition defenders.

Ideally you have a nice balance but given the choice give me quality forward thinking players any day (along with the tactics of attack! attack! attack! of course).

I'm happy for us to take our time with this one if it ensures we get our man - we seem to have agreed terms with the player, convinced him to sign for us, and been told a fee by his club which isn't too far off our initial offer. The ball's in our court to just up the offer slightly, and the player's ours..

I'm happy for us to take our time with this one if it ensures we get our man - we seem to have agreed terms with the player, convinced him to sign for us, and been told a fee by his club which isn't too far off our initial offer. The ball's in our court to just up the offer slightly, and the player's ours..

With the countdown of 13 days to go to the end of the transfer window let the poker games begin! He who blinks first loses!

Shows me that you failed (miserbly) to read my earlier post!
I was just re-iterating it. I got caught up in the excitement yesterday, I've read every page of this thread! (I cannot say the same for the Skates thread, although I did try initially.)

Why not all four?
Even dreams aren't THAT good. I would take One CB and one Winger as a minimum but maybe it's our just reward for years of faithful support...

I'd use Hedgehog's time machine to move to 11pm on August 31st. This could be the longest 2 weeks of our lives.

I was just re-iterating it. I got caught up in the excitement yesterday, I've read every page of this thread! (I cannot say the same for the Skates thread, although I did try initially.)

Excitement? On here, surely not. OK you're forgiven.

This! Hoping matey don't spunk all his cash on this wonder boy and leave us short at CB!

He won't, don't worry about it.

Adkins said yesterday ''Well we will get 1 CB, for sure, we need 1 at least and hopefully 2 by the close of the window''

On top of commenting on the excitement of being linked with Gaston.

I think we'll get ourselves 4 more signings in the next 16 days, totaling around 26-30m quid. Just a feeling, I think we're ready to spend to move onto the next level and the signing of Gaston will be a huge landmark.

He won't, don't worry about it.

Adkins said yesterday ''Well we will get 1 CB, for sure, we need 1 at least and hopefully 2 by the close of the window''

On top of commenting on the excitement of being linked with Gaston.

I think we'll get ourselves 4 more signings in the next 16 days, totaling around 26-30m quid. Just a feeling, I think we're ready to spend to move onto the next level and the signing of Gaston will be a huge landmark.

I think this is key. Maybe, we've told this 'ambitious CB' and other ambitious targets that we are looking to get Ramirez. This may be how we have got them interested in joining Southampton Football Club? If he comes, he could set many more on the way like you said.