Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

The latestest from Italy is that the cup is in the nest and set to ride the donkey into the fishing pool. Gaston Ramirez (23) is said to have been given a favourable impressession from the chirpy scouse head coach as well as been seduced by the lure of the strong Stirling pound and a DVD showing possible the way of the expansion of the stadium. "I am greatly impressed and so is my mothers and her children's. This is now the stage where I will give birth this season" said an excited Gaston. My heart is always for Italy, the fans, the music, the dance, and the little dishes of smelly cheese that you receive as a free gift when wasting in the restaurants. I have to give special thanks for this and so do my future success. Now is my time to repay chirpy scouse man and DVD player. I am looking forward to my time with Southampton. They have one of the finest mong boards in Europe. The rEmainder is set for penarol.

More up dates tomorrow folks.

The latestest from Italy is that the cup is in the nest and set to ride the donkey into the fishing pool. Gaston Ramirez (23) is said to have been given a favourable impressession from the chirpy scouse head coach as well as been seduced by the lure of the strong Stirling pound and a DVD showing possible the way of the expansion of the stadium. "I am greatly impressed and so is my mothers and her children's. This is now the stage where I will give birth this season" said an excited Gaston. My heart is always for Italy, the fans, the music, the dance, and the little dishes of smelly cheese that you receive as a free gift when wasting in the restaurants. I have to give special thanks for this and so do my future success. Now is my time to repay chirpy scouse man and DVD player. I am looking forward to my time with Southampton. They have one of the finest mong boards in Europe. The rEmainder is set for penarol.

:lol:

First time I have really giggled at something I read on here :-) I think it helps being stoned :-)

Haha! Awesome work.

Is the use of the term 'mong' necessary?

Not sure if it is an i'net abbreviation or the school playground slating of the 70's but it is truly offensive to a section of society whom I would think a significant minority on here may well have some family ties to.

Get a grip kids.

Not sure if it is an i'net abbreviation or the school playground slating of the 70's but it is truly offensive to a section of society whom I would think a significant minority on here may well have some family ties to.

Get a grip kids.

+1.

Yesterday morning the offer came. The Southampton, english club newcomers in Premiership after 7 years in the second division, wants to Ramirez and offers to the club 15 million for the 70% of the player and about 3 million euro of engagement to Gaston. Therefore 15 million net that will ultimately result in the short, in two tranches, into the coffers of the club. The remaining 30% belongs to Peñarol, who will discuss with Southampton. Which means that the player is evaluated approximately 21 million.

Babylon 9

Free download

That's the clincher for me.

Wouldn't write this one off just yet

http://www.francefootball.fr/#!/news/2012/08/18/091108_ramirez-pas-encore-a-southampton.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Ramirez still in Southampton

Friday in Southampton, Gaston Ramirez is not yet a saint. If the Uruguay international has reached an agreement with the English club side Bologna is said to be far from finding a financial agreement. The Italians require payment in cash of the full transfer of approximately 15 million euros (excluding bonuses), while the English, they want to spread over three years. (Photo Press-Sport)

Get a grip kids.

you have a point, lets be nice chaps

Lol you mong.

@Marcotti: Sky Italia reporting that hold up of Ramirez to Southampton deal has to do with method of payment (installments v lump sum).

@Marcotti: Sky Italia also reporting that there is an issue with fact that 30 pct of Gaston Ramirez owned by 3rd party.

@ConorSwain: @Marcotti Is this 30% his previous club, Penarol? Or is it anther club in Italy as part of the co-ownership they have over there?

@Marcotti: @ConorSwain Some have reported it's Penarol, others that it's a fund controlled by his agent, Betancourt

@Marcotti: @NewmanElly Not really. Soton needs to buy out the 3rd party owners for the PL to allow registration.

So basically we either stump up a few million more or forget it.

It was much easier in the old days as you first agreed the deal with the club and then once you had spoken to the plyer he either liked the deal or not.

Thats two deals this summer now where the player is convinced he is joining with terms agreed (supposedly) and then all seems to go pear shaped for one reason or another.

Did spurs agree a fee for him to reject their wage offer then ? I am concerned this deal will now die as spending the amount of money we were was a surprise but to then have to up it by a few more million i just dont see happening.

As earlier reported it all seems to be about installments.

I think the fact that Ramirez has cut ties will result with Bologna's hand being forced to agreeing to our terms, or at least a compromise to it over a couple of years.

This seems to be our tactic, we agree terms with the the player before a full deal is agreed, (just agreed in principle) release comments to the press and then try to agree a better deal than first agreed (whether through installments etc).

As earlier reported it all seems to be about installments.

I think the fact that Ramirez has cut ties will result with Bologna's hand being forced to agreeing to our terms, or at least a compromise to it over a couple of years.

This seems to be our tactic, we agree terms with the the player before a full deal is agreed, (just agreed in principle) release comments to the press and then try to agree a better deal than first agreed (whether through installments etc).

just like Buttner.

The only main issue is that Bologna want to reinvest the money back into the team. The obviously cant do that with only €5m per year. If they had more like €10m euros upfront with another €5m or €8m in instalments, we'd be much closer to agreeing than we are now.

FFS its p!ssing me off reading the comments from ignorant fans of the big clubs on 'ramirez to southampton' articles.

Totally understand why the club wants its transfer dealings done in private before being announced now. We're going to look stupid like West Ham, throwing cash at top players who wouldn't come, if this falls through. (albeit the difference being the players actually do want to come to our club except for... whatever the hitch is)

Wouldn't write this one off just yet

http://www.francefootball.fr/#!/news/2012/08/18/091108_ramirez-pas-encore-a-southampton.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Ramirez still in Southampton

Friday in Southampton, Gaston Ramirez is not yet a saint. If the Uruguay international has reached an agreement with the English club side Bologna is said to be far from finding a financial agreement. The Italians require payment in cash of the full transfer of approximately 15 million euros (excluding bonuses), while the English, they want to spread over three years. (Photo Press-Sport)

And both sides will posture, make noises, play to their respective constituencies....and then meet somewhere in between.

Exactly, and I reckon we tried similar with Phillips but Blackpool didn't feel an agreement in principle was good enough to discuss terms with the player, hence the complaint.

Butner's totally different - if you believe the reports, the breakdown was due to an unknown third party and an issue between that party and the dutchies. Nothing to do with us.

I think the issue is that there is a part ownership thing going on. Seems he's owned 30% by his previous club as opposed to a 30% sell on fee.

Seems that way. We need to buy out Bolognas 70% (€15m or so) and then 30% from the 3rd Party (I'm guessing around €5m euros?)

I think the issue is that there is a part ownership thing going on. Seems he's owned 30% by his previous club as opposed to a 30% sell on fee.

That's what I said yesterday. 70% of our fee goes to Bologna and 30% to Penarol. Sure it will get sorted, Saints would have obviously preferred for it to be behind closed doors. The sooner it's done the better.

Not like we wouldn't have known this when we moved for him and Bologna have obviously given us permission to speak to the player while we finalise a deal with them.

haha thanks :) My first mod duty

May it be the first of many Mike. Lets see you start with cutting out the insults from some on here. I love Banter but this site (like some others) is like a school playground. Insults and bullying.

That's what I said yesterday. 70% of our fee goes to Bologna and 30% to Penarol. Sure it will get sorted, Saints would have obviously preferred for it to be behind closed doors. The sooner it's done the better.

Not like we wouldn't have known this when we moved for him and Bologna have obviously given us permission to speak to the player while we finalise a deal with them.

It's not just that though, both clubs are agreeing to give up part ownership of the player, which means they are releasing any right over future transfers. Bologna are really in the same situation as a normal transfer as his current team, but Penarol have already retained a 30% ownership, will get at least 30% and would probably like to keep that 30% ownership - but it's prohibited by PL rules.

Which implies we'll need to pay extra to them for the inconvenience of losing future income. I'm guessing the Bologna Chairman agreed a fee then Penarol pointed out they wanted some compensation on top of the 30% entitlement, so the deal would need to be structured splitting the transfer 70/30 and the compensation separately. Plus they're kicking up about the payment schedule, which we'd need to sort (if we haven't already).

All this 'just give them a few more million', 'offer him more money', 'sign back up while we wait'. I hope none suggesting these things have criticised PFC for similar stupidity.

Another one who doesn't know the difference between spending money you've got and money you haven't. Such a lazy, inaccurate comparison.

It's not just that though, both clubs are agreeing to give up part ownership of the player, which means they are releasing any right over future transfers. Bologna are really in the same situation as a normal transfer as his current team, but Penarol have already retained a 30% ownership, will get at least 30% and would probably like to keep that 30% ownership - but it's prohibited by PL rules.

Which implies we'll need to pay extra to them for the inconvenience of losing future income. I'm guessing the Bologna Chairman agreed a fee then Penarol pointed out they wanted some compensation on top of the 30% entitlement, so the deal would need to be structured splitting the transfer 70/30 and the compensation separately. Plus they're kicking up about the payment schedule, which we'd need to sort (if we haven't already).

Or surely we could just convert the ownership stake into a sell on fee/% of future transfer fee instead, something permitted by PL rules...if we so wanted.

Or surely we could just convert the ownership stake into a sell on fee/% of future transfer fee instead...if we so wanted.

I think we'd want to cut any future connections, but that is one way to do it, kinda sorta.

Very much still game on. Exclusive in last few minutes...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tuttomercatoweb.com%2Fbologna%2F%3Faction%3Dread%26idtmw%3D377422

EXCLUSIVE TMW - Ramirez, agent in meeting with Southampton

Gaston Ramirez - Southampton, the soap opera continues. In these few minutes the agent is meeting with the British company to unlock the deal and especially finding a solution to the problems arising in the day. Moments, decisive days. The deal to bring the striker Bologna in England is still standing ...

Very much still game on. Exclusive in last few minutes...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tuttomercatoweb.com%2Fbologna%2F%3Faction%3Dread%26idtmw%3D377422

EXCLUSIVE TMW - Ramirez, agent in meeting with Southampton

Gaston Ramirez - Southampton, the soap opera continues. In these few minutes the agent is meeting with the British company to unlock the deal and especially finding a solution to the problems arising in the day. Moments, decisive days. The deal to bring the striker Bologna in England is still standing ...

Surely, the issue isn't with the player's agent but with the club's representatives?

This is exactly why Cortese wants all transfer news kept silent and out of the media. Now you've got the problem of having fans raised expectations and if the deal doesn't happened then the whole mood around the fan base will change. I know it's hard and almost impossible to keep a transfer like this quiet, but those moaning about him trying to keep everything quiet need to realise he has a very valid point and reason behind it.

Gaston was a right idiot coming out saying what he did yesterday morning. Should never have commented on it, now he's potentially ruined the move by winding up Bolonga. Bolonga have since changed their stance on what they want for the player, that's where the confusion has arose. It was agreed. Until he blabbed and wound them up.