Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

Hope this deal but gets sorted out. Imagine how embarassing it would be if it doesn't happen...and Saints havent given any confirmation yet.

Having seen the above I think this one might have a bit more time to run.

I know, some idiots even made a song thread about him. :rolleyes:

If they want €20mil then we should just pay it! The guy is an incredible talent. We'd be paying £15.7mil, not a huge amount more really.

A difference of 3.75 million pounds (About 30%) of the transfer and personal terms have been essentially agreed.

We'll make it happen.

Simon Peach@SimonPeach Adkins was coy on Phillips as well due to Holloway comments: "I probably think it's best that I don't make any further comments on that"

Expand Collapse

1mimage_normal.jpgSimon Peach@SimonPeach

Adkins was coy on Ramirez's #SaintsFC move but something clearly in the pipeline: "If true, then it shows the ambition of the football club"

Quite a few people posting this link on twitter. They seem to think Penarol will keep the 30% stake in Ramirez with us owning 70%. Is that even allowed in England?

http://www.campeonatoitaliano.com/blog/gaston-ramires-deixara-de-usar-a-camisa-10-do-bologna-e-ira-jogar-no-futebol-ingles/

Translation:

Uruguayan midfielder Gaston Ramirez, only 21, impressed the British doing a great Olympic tournament playing as owner of U-23 Uruguay and despite the early elimination of the Olympic heaven, which fell further in the first phase, Ramirez managed to stand out, with good performances in Uruguay with 10 competition, with particular reference to its excellent start in the first game of the tournament against the United Arab Emirates, where he created the main plays of his selection and also scored a great goal in the collection of falta.Com good performances for his club playing in the a and would be mainly by Uruguay, Ramirez, who is constantly called into the senior national team, called the attention of some major European football clubs such as Inter Milan, Liverpool and Tottenham, but it was Southampton recently turned on the English Premier League, the club will pay contratou.O around 15 million Euros for 70% of the pass half of the young, the other 30% belong to Peñarol-URU, the club that most seduced revelou.O Ramirez to go to Southampton was good salary offered by the club and the player said about it: "it's the kind of proposal that can not refuse, I was offered four-year contract for an amount very important to me for my whole family ". The player signed a contract for four seasons and will receive 2 million euros, tax free, for years and has receive 1 million on signing the contrato.Gaston Ramirez commented on his new club: "They believe in me and in my potential, and above all they intended to grow. The Southampton is a team that just went up to the Premier League, but are looking at the top and will be a great team in the coming years, they hired me with the intention of building this new team and this is a very exciting challenge. "
Edited by Saint Scott

Translation

Newly promoted Southampton seems to have secured one of summer's most talked about players. Bologna's Gaston Ramirez, according to Sky Sports on the next to be ready for sørkystklubben.

21-year-old earlier this summer been linked with a move to big clubs like Liverpool, Tottenham and Inter Milan, but now it thus appears that uruguayaneren end up at St. Mary's Stadium.

Chairman Nicola Cortese said to have come to terms with the Italians for a transfer fee of just over 110 million, which is almost a doubling of the previous transfer record. The sound of 60 million, and is derived from the acquisition of Jay Rodriguez of Burnley earlier this summer.

Im not quite sure where it got the valuations?

Quite a few people posting this link on twitter. They seem to think Penarol will keep the 30% stake in Ramirez with us owning 70%. Is that even allowed in England?

http://www.campeonatoitaliano.com/blog/gaston-ramires-deixara-de-usar-a-camisa-10-do-bologna-e-ira-jogar-no-futebol-ingles/

Translation:

Just a 30% sell on clause methinks.

Translation:

Think thats just a poor translation and means that we are paying Bolgna 70% and Penarol 30% of the fee to own him overall.

It's quite bloody obvious. Penarol have a 30% sell on clause.

No, they quite literally own 30% of the player. But yes, it seems it will work like a sell on fee in this instance.

If Bologna are demanding a sell on fee for him though, will that mean that Penarol are entitled to a 30% share of that when the time comes for Ramirez to leave? Or have we had to negotiate with Penarol for their 30% share of the player?

I think Gaston has jumped the gun slightly with his comments, but I do believe we've been given permission to speak to him and finalise it whilst we conclude the deal Bolonga's side. They're right to be a bit miffed if he's talking like he's ours when they haven't got the fee they want. (let's remember that if it's a 11.8m fee, they won't get all of that as a percent goes to his first club - so Bologna want 11.8 themselves i'm sure)

We wouldn't get this far to baulk at a couple of million though. Can't see that.

I think Gaston has jumped the gun slightly with his comments, but I do believe we've been given permission to speak to him and finalise it whilst we conclude the deal Bolonga's side. They're right to be a bit miffed if he's talking like he's ours when they haven't got the fee they want. (let's remember that if it's a 11.8m fee, they won't get all of that as a percent goes to his first club - so Bologna want 11.8 themselves i'm sure)

We wouldn't get this far to baulk at a couple of million though. Can't see that.

This (hopefully)

He'll be better in the premier league than in the championship. He'll have more time on the ball.

Funnily enough I was watching the Dream.On. programme with Wembley FC on ESPN and their manager said something very similar about not having as much time on the ball as the pros as they get closed down more quickly on the dodgier pitches.

They're in the Combined Counties Premier, so they're no mugs. Maybe Portsmouth can look forward to playing them next season (if they decide to pretend to be Londoners rather than joining the Wessex League).

A quote from this has made my day and should cheer some of the negative amongst us up -

"Jesus christ. Why have a pop at Stoke because of this? There are any number of variables that will determine whether or not he's a success in the premiership yet. He could well turn out to be a class player but he could well turn out to be an expensive flop. He hasn't even kicked a ball yet.

'makes our efforts at transfers in our promotion season (which we are only just recovering from) look very small time'

Is that really what you think? We got hold of Beattie, Etherington, Sorensen, Abdoulaye Faye all of which were/are quality players that have all contributed not only to the success of keeping us up that year but the subsequent successes we've had since. I hardly think you can call them small time. Fair enough Tonge, Soares etc. didn't live up to expectations but quite how you can judge our transfer activity as small time because a handful of players didnt work out for us seems largely unfair. And are we only just recovering? We've made giant strides at improving the infrastructure of the club, largely because we've been able to maintain our status in the league and in my opinion, no season was more integral to this than the first season.

And another point while I'm at it, we were underdogs. We were extreme underdogs. Southampton on the other hand are coming back into the league with a bigger fanbase than us, a bigger stadium, a bigger club reputation, a respected academy, a better promoted squad than we had. It will be easier for them to get players in than it was for us and it beggars belief if you can't see that.

And really who cares? Good luck to the guy and good luck to Southampton. I hope he does live up to his price tag, as long as its not against us. I swear sometimes people are just looking for an excuse to moan about something."