Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

Daily Echo says

Uruguayan Gaston Ramirez flying to England to sign for Southampton Football Club after deal agreed with Bologna

Or just daily Echo crap again?

How to be an Echo journo: 1. Browse net 2. Cut and paste story 3. Add embellishments to make it seem independent story 4. Publish.

Tits up appears to be the word on this deal!

Still it kept me interested for the day!

Press in Italy now saying they are trying to cling hold of Ramirez - holding out for more money...

Don't think Cortese will deal with these clowns...

Tancredi Palmeri is quite a reliable source and his tweets early make it seem it's virtually a done deal.

The Bologna fans aren't happy at Ramirez being sold and IMO their president's comments are made trying turn the fans anger to Ramirez and take the limelight off the president for selling their prize asset. Hopefully it will go through tonight or over the weekend and we can all celebrate. Just praying it does not turn out the same as the Buttner deal. But the player has made it very clear and obvious that he wants to join us so I see no reason why it shouldn't happen.

I think Gaston has jumped the gun slightly with his comments, but I do believe we've been given permission to speak to him and finalise it whilst we conclude the deal Bolonga's side. They're right to be a bit miffed if he's talking like he's ours when they haven't got the fee they want. (let's remember that if it's a 11.8m fee, they won't get all of that as a percent goes to his first club - so Bologna want 11.8 themselves i'm sure)

We wouldn't get this far to baulk at a couple of million though. Can't see that.

Unless we have complete agreement from Bologna, I doubt we have permission to speak to the player. That's just the way things work in all these cases. You have an agreement to pay the player £2M and the agent £1M according to reports, something unusual for Saints. Giving a grand total of £14.8M (Eu18.9M).

Normally Saints don't pay players fees and agents but this would avoid Bologna having to pay an extra £1M to the original club, then makes sense. I can see us stretching to Eu20M but not £20M, but Bologna don't get much of a deal here.

If the Gaston Ramirez is holding forth at home Bologna. A Sky Sport 24, after talking to the player, is also the president spoke earlier of Bologna, Albano Guaraldi: "I am irritated by what the player had already talked about Ramirez as of Southampton. But it will go away with an offer only fair that does not exist. If Gaston and his agent have already found agreement on salary and other arrangements, not later than on the merits, but there is no agreement on our part, for this restra our player. The offer of Southampton is much more complex, there can be limited to the figures, even in terms of the proposed payment is not fair. Again, the agent has done all of Gaston with the British but we do not have the agreement. Right now we are stuck, the requests are those, I do not understand why the words of Ramirez. We talked to all the big Italian, I promised that if Gaston had come to the proposal we would just let go. But these elements that make up a negotiation are not there. For consistency, we say no to this offer also. Gaston's attitude is not professional and not good for society. In time and in his exit was not the best ... Now can jump around like any negotiation, so it is premature to the attitude of the boy. "A joke also Gabbiadini: "We are closing at this time. We follow him before he went to the National, is a month that we work to get him. "

If the Gaston Ramirez is holding forth at home Bologna. A Sky Sport 24, after talking to the player, is also the president spoke earlier of Bologna, Albano Guaraldi: "I am irritated by what the player had already talked about Ramirez as of Southampton. But it will go away with an offer only fair that does not exist. If Gaston and his agent have already found agreement on salary and other arrangements, not later than on the merits, but there is no agreement on our part, for this restra our player. The offer of Southampton is much more complex, there can be limited to the figures, even in terms of the proposed payment is not fair. Again, the agent has done all of Gaston with the British but we do not have the agreement. Right now we are stuck, the requests are those, I do not understand why the words of Ramirez. We talked to all the big Italian, I promised that if Gaston had come to the proposal we would just let go. But these elements that make up a negotiation are not there. For consistency, we say no to this offer also. Gaston's attitude is not professional and not good for society. In time and in his exit was not the best ... Now can jump around like any negotiation, so it is premature to the attitude of the boy. "A joke also Gabbiadini: "We are closing at this time. We follow him before he went to the National, is a month that we work to get him. "

Doesn't sounds like too much of an issue.

So basically there's no agreement with Bologna at this time.

Well that clears things up.

Ok, so basically sounds like Gaston and the agent have jumped the gun slightly - everything is agreed with the player, and as I thought earlier, Bologna are rightly miffed that he's talking as if he's our player when they are yet to be presented with a final offer that they like. I suspect discussions are on-going with our officials and his club officials.

It looks like we've put a lot of time and effort into this deal and Gaston has made it clear he wants to go, so if we give Bologna what they want, which I believe we will in the end, then it will all happen quite quickly.

Some of the stories earlier made it sound like it was all done, but with all modern day transfers it's never over until the ink is dry and the OS is updated with his name. It's exciting talking about the possibility and it's exciting that we are genuinely tracking a player of his level. Let's not panic though.

They've now got a clip on SSN of Adkins interview. A bit more information compared to the audio clip earlier. You can tell we are in talks but he was acting very defensively and didn't let much slip. He also defended bologna in a way by saying we like to do things privately and Ramirez shouldn't of made any comments until he's signed on the dotted line.

Apologies if this has been posted already as I've just got in, but this from the BBC Sportsday Live feed - @17:54.

Bologna president Albano Guaraldi, meanwhile, says the deal for Ramirez is a long way off:

"The conditions proposed by the British (Southampton) did not satisfy me: they must either change or Ramirez will remain a Bologna player."

More of the same from their president it seems - describing it as a long way off.

Apologies if this has been posted already as I've just got in, but this from the BBC Sportsday Live feed - @17:54.

Bologna president Albano Guaraldi, meanwhile, says the deal for Ramirez is a long way off:

"The conditions proposed by the British (Southampton) did not satisfy me: they must either change or Ramirez will remain a Bologna player."

More of the same from their president it seems - describing it as a long way off.

Well done sticking to the main thread.

Working with Italian's, it is not unusual for them to try and change the price at the last minute. I bet this is what has happened here. Cortese will be able to sort this....

Same again, not sure if this has been posted - can't see it doing a quick "find" on this page.

ESPN/Soccernet saying it will take €20m to sign him.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1136060?&cc=5739

Bologna president Albano Guaraldi insists that midfielder Gaston Ramirez is still far from close to a switch to Southampton and criticised the Uruguayan's recent behaviour.

Ramirez, 21, had insisted that he was keen on a move to the South Coast and that an agreement had been reached in principal with the Italian side for his signature.

The claims, which came as a shock on Friday morning, have since been denied by Bologna's president, who dismissed reports that he would sell Ramirez for the €15 million fee quoted.

"Ramirez is contracted to Bologna and the club will decide upon his future, not the player himself," Guaraldi said.

"Ramirez's behaviour is totally unacceptable, giving open interviews like that without consulting us. Gaston cannot force my hand with two interviews. I am a serious person and I've already said it will take €20m to sell him. And I also told his agent."

Southampton manager Nigel Adkins had earlier refused to comment on the validity of the reports in Italy, but was visibly excited by the prospect of working with the youngster.

Adkins told a press conference: "It looks exciting, doesn't it? I think he has come out in Italy and said it is already sorted, but I think you'll find the policy of the football club is until the player has signed on the dotted line and we announce it then really we try to do everything privately. We have been consistent with that over the years and we'll probably stay that way.

"If it is true, then it obviously shows the ambition of the football club. I know the chairman, Nicola Cortese, is very ambitious here and it is great."

Ramirez scored eight goals in 28 apperances in Serie A last season before taking part in this summer's Olympic Games in London, as Uruguay crashed out at the Group Stage.

Strange that the 20m Euros is only coming up now when that was the FIRST amount that I saw raised this morning. Pretty sure from what I've seen that Bologna have already agreed the amount and given permission for him to come to us, purely grandstanding from their Chairman so he can go back and say he did what he could.

We've got it in hand and it'll happen. The look on Adkins' face on SSN was a barely suppressed grin, he knows it'll happen - or has happened.