Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

What I want know is who is going to play the Kleber Chala/Imants Bledielis role? We need to sort that signing out pretty quick otherwise it will be football fuc king suicide IMO.

Paulo Gazzaniga

Cortese has these things planned out long in advance, signed a similar aged Spanish speaking South American, got him settled in England and now bids for Ramierez with Gazzaniga ready to help him settle in.

Cortese is one step ahead of everyone! ;) :D

I reckon the Bologna president didn't do his homework on Saints and didn't realize how loaded we are until he read twitter last night. (some times its best not to boast). He's simply wriggling for more money.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

He's clearly got an escape clause. his agent has tuted him around. We, possibly amongst others, have offered sufficient to trigger the clause, and agreed terms with the player. He's going. All that remains is to negotiate the payment plan with Bologna. IMO.

Fair do's mullet.

No worries, just feel it's a bit previous deciding the signing's finalised because the press say so. Might have said earlier but this thread has been going so long I'm not sure. The Guardian had an article claiming we'd signed Buttner which obviously we hadn't, then a day later we signed Davis and there was no article at all! Having said that I enjoy reading the rumours, hence lurking on here all day!

Even if the purpose of this was to make us all excited and optimistic ahead of the new season, it's worked. I'm excited even to be linked with him, and some of the other names being touted on here today. To think it wasn't so long ago that we signed Nicolas Bignall on loan. (Just a name I've plucked from memory, nothing against him per se.)

The problem is that the difference between two or three days ago (no Ramirez, no Phillips) and now is the difference betweeen "survival" and "wow!" and despite the rumours we still don`t know what position we are in.

He's no such thing, we still need defenders more, and without them as well, he could just be the difference between bottom and 18th.

Billy Sharp interviewed on Radio5 about half an hour ago only caught the end of it but they were talking about it like it was a done deal. the Colin Murray said it was a sign of our ambition and said to Billy "youll be hoping they dont sign any more strikers".

Edited by manji

Paulo Gazzaniga

Cortese has these things planned out long in advance, signed a similar aged Spanish speaking South American, got him settled in England and now bids for Ramierez with Gazzaniga ready to help him settle in.

Cortese is one step ahead of everyone! ;) :D

Good answer.

There is so much similarity in the Alexander BUTTNER hoo haa with the player announcing and raving about the club, the ambitions, that I smell a inside rat on how we're doing transfers. Sounds more like a worm to catch a fish than a genuine deal.

There is so much similarity in the Alexander BUTTNER hoo haa with the player announcing and raving about the club, the ambitions, that I smell a inside rat on how we're doing transfers. Sounds more like a worm to catch a fish than a genuine deal.

Not quite.

To be honest, the overall thing seems too good to be true but I think that if were prepared to pay 15m euros, I can't see there being any issue upping it to around 20m euros (an extra 3 or so million £).

I'm pretty sure the main issue with this deal is the same as the Buttner deal. Saints want to pay alot of it in installments rather than a guaranteed sum. Offer more upfront and we should get our man.

Much more clear cut interview from the Bologna chairman. Basically saying that we and Ramirez are happy with the personal terms. Now we need to agree the fee. They want more but the deal isnt off just yet. We just need to meet their demands.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/17/3314014/gaston-ramirez-deal-on-the-verge-on-collapse?source=breakingnews

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I can only say that for us to convince a player of Ramirez's calibre to sign for us that a lot of work (and admittedly money) must have already gone into this, so I don't see NC giving up on it so easily, otherwise he'd just have wasted a week of his time, and another week gone by without signing anybody.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I can only say that for us to convince a player of Ramirez's calibre to sign for us that a lot of work (and admittedly money) must have already gone into this, so I don't see NC giving up on it so easily, otherwise he'd just have wasted a week of his time, and another week gone by without signing anybody.

Spot on. You can tell just by the way Adkins was talking about it, he wants it to happen. Obviously NC wants it to happen as he's spent a good week or so pursuing it so even if it means we sacrifice 1 of 2 potential CB's for the extra 3m or so required then so be it. This is such a crucial deal for this club at this time. Massive.

Much more clear cut interview from the Bologna chairman. Basically saying that we and Ramirez are happy with the personal terms. Now we need to agree the fee. They want more but the deal isnt off just yet. We just need to meet their demands.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/17/3314014/gaston-ramirez-deal-on-the-verge-on-collapse?source=breakingnews

Copied for the lazy :

The Uruguay international had claimed earlier in the week that a move to the Premier League side was close to completion after an £11.8 million bid was reportedly accepted by the Serie A outfit.

However, Guaraldi has warned that the move is further away from finalising than currently being reported.

He told Sky Sport 24: “The situation is much more complicated than he thinks. It’s not just about figures, but seeing what is included and what isn’t.”

And the club president went on to claim the bid from Southampton had never been considered and then slammed the player’s agent for his handling of the matter.

“The offer we received has not been considered suitable. His agent has already reached an agreement with the English club, but we haven’t.

“Now the situation is static, we made our demands and will see what happens.

“I don’t understand why Gaston said those things. I won’t even get into the behaviour of his agent.”

The Italian club remain defiant that they will not sell the player unless the €20m (£15.7m) is met, with Guaraldi hinting that interest from a number of other sides had already been rejected.

He continued: “We spoke to the top Italian clubs about Gaston, but I have always been clear: I’d let him go only for a suitable offer, which so far has not arrived. I maintained my consistency and refused the bid.

“I am irritated because one of my players spoke as if he were already at another club, when there still isn’t any agreement.

“I can understand his desire to make the move, but I do not share his timing and methods. All negotiations can collapse, which is why I consider the player’s attitude to be premature.

“The club cannot be forced to follow the rules of players and agents.”

The South American had earlier in the week talked about his excitement at signing for Southampton and shrugged off reports linking him to Inter Milan.

He told Sky Sport Italia: “Inter? There was nothing official. Southampton were the club who decided to sign me and I’m happy that I’ll be going there.”

Still sounds to me like they've agreed a fee and either upped it or are playing brinkmanship because he's already over here. But it also says we've agreed terms (which seemed evident this morning from Ramirez's comments about his signing on fee and annual wages).

The bit where it says "Saints' bid had never been considered" isn't even reflected in the quote, where the Bologna Chairman says "a suitable offer has not arrived" and he "refused the bid", not that he considered it. And I'm pretty sure they've already been quoted as saying they agreed a fee with us.

It's encouraging that we have actually agreed terms with the player an convinced him that Saints is the right club for him. Unusual with a player of his quality that the fee with the club is the main sticking point and not personal terms and the size of the wage packet.

Yeah. We've done the hard part of the deal. Now to complete the much easier part.

Still sounds to me like they've agreed a fee and either upped it or are playing brinkmanship because he's already over here. But it also says we've agreed terms (which seemed evident this morning from Ramirez's comments about his signing on fee and annual wages).

The bit where it says "Saints' bid had never been considered" isn't even reflected in the quote, where the Bologna Chairman says "a suitable offer has not arrived" and he "refused the bid", not that he considered it. And I'm pretty sure they've already been quoted as saying they agreed a fee with us.

It could be extras and sell on fees etc. Maybe a basic of 15m Euros, which has been agreed but an extra 5m if X,Y and Z, which hasn't?

We've done the toughest part - convincing a player of Gaston's quality and potential to agree to sign for us. I just can't see us not completing this transfer after spending time and effort getting him to accept our wages and buy into our vision.

Seems mightily unprofessional that Bologna would agree a fee, then decide they want more after he agrees terms. When one agrees a fee, isn't it normal bsiness etiquette to stick to it? Doesn't reflect well on the Bologna president.

Seems mightily unprofessional that Bologna would agree a fee, then decide they want more after he agrees terms. When one agrees a fee, isn't it normal bsiness etiquette to stick to it? Doesn't reflect well on the Bologna president.

I think the deal was agreed in principal, enough to allow us to talk to him and agree wages etc. Now comes the chess game between them and the Don on staged payments they want 18m Euro as a down payment we want 14 etc etc, we end meeting in the middle or not at all. I think if It happens it happens by Sunday and we will see him at the City game in the stands

Finger crossed

Quite. Not sure Blackburn's links with Ronaldinho did them much good in the long run.

Haha good point

What I think people are excited about is the serious intent and that a player like Ramirez wants to come... Unless the quotes are made up of course

Obviously, being linked does nothing to help the team etc

Haha good point

What I think people are excited about is the serious intent and that a player like Ramirez wants to come... Unless the quotes are made up of course

Obviously, being linked does nothing to help the team etc

Oh yes. Make no mistake this is all sounding amazing...the fact that I don't know anything about this kid is even better. Far rather we smashed our transfer record on someone like this than, say, Berbatov or Adebayor or someone else that West Ham might buy.

To be honest, the overall thing seems too good to be true but I think that if were prepared to pay 15m euros, I can't see there being any issue upping it to around 20m euros (an extra 3 or so million £).

It could be that the player has a release clause in his contract. In any case the fact that Bologna _want_ or are asking €20m doesn't mean we're going to pay it or that they really expect to get it. Sometimes it seems nobody here has ever been to a market or bargained for anything. If I weren't going up to Manchester early tomorrow I'd have a look through the Italian press: I'd certainly check on Bologna's financial situation as Italian football certainly isn't rolling in money and might need our offer..

This article makes it even clearer. It's regarding Ramirez turning down Spurs only a few days ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2188106/Gaston-Ramirez-rejects-Spurs-move.html?ITO=1490

A few key quotes from the article.

Betancourt told Calciomercato: ‘The only solid offer is the one from Tottenham, who offered €16 million [£12.6m].

This shows that if we offer anywhere from an extra 500k to 1m then we should get the offer accepted.

But the deal didn’t go through because Spurs offered too low a wage to the player and if the wage difference is minimal he would stay at Bologna.

This part we've already done so no need to question this.

Bologna only want cash, also because of the arrangement with Penarol [Ramirez’s former club] who receive a percentage if the player is sold.’

This is the crucial part IMO. Penarol are due their 30% of any fee. Obviously, if Bologna were to accept our current bid, Bologna would receive 10.5m euros and Penarol would get 4.5m euros.

If we were to offer what Spurs offered, and note this offer was accepted, Bologna would receive 11.2m euros and Penarol 4.8m euros. The difference is minimal. I cannot see the issue to be honest. I can see this being sorted pretty swiftly IMO.