Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

Something I've maintained since the start of the saga, if we are willing to pay £11.8m then i'm sure stretching to somewhere between £13-15m wont be that difficult. Even if, as i said, we sacrifice 2 permanent CB deals and get just 1 in permanently and one potentially on loan if required. It'd definitely be worth doing this without doubt and who knows, we may still be able to bring in 2 CB's? Depends on size of budget.

Yep, we know the asking price...up to us to close it if we want him and it suits us.

QPR are also quite vocal about targets and signings. Stoke also name targets and express their interest through the media.

Heard pulis actually name Jarvis yesterday in he pre game weekend pre conference

Then of course that is completely Identical to Nigel saying nothing regarding names

Why do you talk about people like that?

What makes you the self appointed more 'interesting' poster?

I thought about putting him on ignore, but he is just so ammusingly irritating or plain fricken wierd that it provides no end of fun. Although slightly disturbing that there are actually people out there that 'think' and behave as he does... comedy gold on every post

Something I've maintained since the start of the saga, if we are willing to pay £11.8m then i'm sure stretching to somewhere between £13-15m wont be that difficult. Even if, as i said, we sacrifice 2 permanent CB deals and get just 1 in permanently and one potentially on loan if required. It'd definitely be worth doing this without doubt and who knows, we may still be able to bring in 2 CB's? Depends on size of budget.

What a ridiculous argument. How do you know we weren't only planning to pay £10m, but have already stretched it to £11.8m? If we're willing to stretch that further to £13-15m, why not just go that little bit further and spend £20-25m on someone slightly better instead?

I thought about putting him on ignore' date=' but he is just so ammusingly irritating or plain fricken wierd that it provides no end of fun. Although slightly disturbing that there are actually people out there that 'think' and behave as he does... comedy gold on every post[/quote']

You are a valued poster on this site mate.

Heard pulis actually name Jarvis yesterday in he pre game weekend pre conference

Then of course that is completely Identical to Nigel saying nothing regarding names

He even spoke openly about Owen saying he'd love him at Stoke but got to do what's right for the club. Said they interested in Jarvis and admired him for some time.

Or Fergie's numerous updates while the Van Persie deal was going on - just like our loose-lipped Nige....

You are a valued poster on this site mate.

nah... I irritate many, just as they irritate me... which is surely part of the reason we keep coming back - a sort of masochistic therapy. Only realy two types of things that really get me wound up - the bigotry of the like sof 'Dune' and the miserable ****ishness of the likes of Fry - and his 'what have the Roman's ever done for us' mentality.

A discussion about the transfer of a player and the complexities of the deal/issues with third parties, decending into another critique of NC's 'dictatorship' and how he handles it all wrong... genius.

From where I am sitting, we play the Prem champions tomorrow, 3 years after he arrived - I'll take all the parking costs, 'ticket tax', ****ing off the media, ticket price increases and wanting to do business privately if that comes with that success + we have seen and the aspiration that has been shown - (unrealistic) dreams of success are what football is all about afterall.

From the sounds of it, NA didn't seem to be very aware of the whole Ramirez deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19298744

In particular: "If it is true, then it obviously shows the ambition of the football club," he said.

Maybe, or the alternative spin is that he is avoiding the classic, 'no comment' which confirms its true. I know some get very worried when managers seem not to know the transfers goings on, but doubt NA would have any issue if we signed quality in that way -= all depends on the players quality IMHO.

What a ridiculous argument. How do you know we weren't only planning to pay £10m, but have already stretched it to £11.8m? If we're willing to stretch that further to £13-15m, why not just go that little bit further and spend £20-25m on someone slightly better instead?

Whats a few million between friends? Its only money. I wonder how much Messi would cost.

Has this deal gone tits up or is still in the balance ? I am having trouble following it.

Nothing has really changed. The agent and player jumped the gun yesterday, that all. So basically we're still trying to thrash out a deal with the club, but the player himself has been presented with excellent terms by us and himself and his agent are very happy - but he shouldn't have come out shouting about it yesterday.

Maybe' date=' or the alternative spin is that he is avoiding the classic, 'no comment' which confirms its true. I know some get very worried when managers seem not to know the transfers goings on, but doubt NA would have any issue if we signed quality in that way -= all depends on the players quality IMHO.[/quote']

I'm not particularly worried about it. Or surprised by it. Lowe brought in players over his managers' heads; we seemed to do alright out of peter crouch, Antti Niemi etc (and although we bit the bullet with Delgado he would have been quality if he could have put his injury problems behind him).

This is nothing new. Pretty sure we brought in Papa Waigo and Guly without the initial action from the manager. This is another one, Adkins has probably discussed getting an attacking midfielder and the transfer committee have done the rest. That's their job. The concern I might have is if the manager has no say at all or has no authority to get particular players or positions that he absolutely wants.

Nothing has really changed. The agent and player jumped the gun yesterday, that all. So basically we're still trying to thrash out a deal with the club, but the player himself has been presented with excellent terms by us and himself and his agent are very happy - but he shouldn't have come out shouting about it yesterday.

Cheers for the update.

Has this deal gone tits up or is still in the balance ? I am having trouble following it.

MOst are Alps... not sure where its at.

confusion reigns ... guess its a classic case of saints agree fee with Bologna..... bologna then say, great but you also need to agree fee with (3rd party ) who owb 30% - which we have to do as Prem league rules mean no 3rd patrty ownership allowed.... saints go, well pay them out of what we just agreed.... bolgna, no thats for us, will be another 30% to do that... oh and we want it up fromt as we need it for replacements.... sorry say saints 3 installments ... and thats not including the agent - suspect a long way to go yet if this is going through.

I'm not particularly worried about it. Or surprised by it. Lowe brought in players over his managers' heads; we seemed to do alright out of peter crouch, Antti Niemi etc (and although we bit the bullet with Delgado he would have been quality if he could have put his injury problems behind him).

This is nothing new. Pretty sure we brought in Papa Waigo and Guly without the initial action from the manager. This is another one, Adkins has probably discussed getting an attacking midfielder and the transfer committee have done the rest. That's their job. The concern I might have is if the manager has no say at all or has no authority to get particular players or positions that he absolutely wants.

Fair points - the CB issue is probably the one that causes the biggest worry - I guess they must know this, but suspect NC is more in the Kevin K camp - 'defenderd? we no need no fricken defenders - we attack, pass, attack - they score 9 we score 10 capice?' :scared::lol:

I have to say that when chairman, club presidents come out with statements such as the Bologna did, it is often to appease their own supporters angered by a player being sold for less then the value on them by the supporters. Whether this is the case or whether he really has put the spanner in the works, we shall all have to wait and see.

Just sad that after Buttner, not to mention past signings, all this makes us Saints supporters out to be real suckers for transfer stories that go on and on..

So is everyone else. So much for the two new Mods. This WAS a Gaston Ramirez thread, but seems a couple of posters decided to repeat the same words in a different order every other post.

CBF & TDD? Go get a room or at least debate that same old same old on another thread

Meanwhile he's off to PSG apparently :)

Joaquim Jovanka ‏@JoaquimJovanka #Leonardo prospecte tjrs en Italie. La piste #Gaston Ramirez est à l'étude en cas de départ de #Nene #PSG

Or Fergie's numerous updates while the Van Persie deal was going on - just like our loose-lipped Nige....

Now that made me both laugh, and be angry at the same time. Every other transfer was 'Saints interested in', Arsenal interested in', ,Spurs interes......well you get the drift, them we have 'Fergies interest in RVP, what makes him so fecking special!

May it be the first of many Mike. Lets see you start with cutting out the insults from some on here. I love Banter but this site (like some others) is like a school playground. Insults and bullying.

Please tell them one more time Norm..

From where I am sitting' date=' we play the Prem champions tomorrow, 3 years after he arrived - I'll take all the parking costs, 'ticket tax', ****ing off the media, ticket price increases and wanting to do business privately if that comes with that success + we have seen and the aspiration that has been shown - (unrealistic) dreams of success are what football is all about afterall.[/quote']

This

I have long been of the view that we need a wow signing for the rest to fall into place. This is that signing, and if we can manage this one, it puts us in a much better position to get more top quality players in.

The President is talking rubbish. He agreed a fee with Spurs, about the same as our offer, but said it didn't happen because Ramirez wasn't happy with his terms.

He is just trying to appease his supporters. If he is mucking us around, Cortese will walk away from the deal and rightly so.

I still think he'll sign. Adkins didn't exactly pour cold water over it yesterday. He was grinning like a Cheshire cat.

So is everyone else. So much for the two new Mods. This WAS a Gaston Ramirez thread, but seems a couple of posters decided to repeat the same words in a different order every other post.

CBF & TDD? Go get a room or at least debate that same old same old on another thread

Meanwhile he's off to PSG apparently :)

Joaquim Jovanka ‏@JoaquimJovanka #Leonardo prospecte tjrs en Italie. La piste #Gaston Ramirez est à l'étude en cas de départ de #Nene #PSG

Not quite off- he's being tracked/considered if their Brazilian winger Nene leaves (was their top scorer last season but is 31 and unhappy he wasn't offered a new contract after PSG signed Lavezzi from Napoli - the latest, however, is that he's agreed to stay one more season)

Edited by shurlock

Every company has a board in which all strategy is discussed and agreed then individuals are tasked with carrying it out. Of course Adkins has had his say and is part of the overall decison to go for anyone. If he he is unhappy that he is not being consulted or listened to then he would say so. He is not a part of the deal and therefore under instruction to not comment on it. It does not mean he was not consulted or is unaware!

I would rather have 3 defenders and Matt Phillips. Watched Ramirez v Team GB at Cardiff didn't stand out

or look anything special at all.

I don't really think the Ramirez deal affects any other ones we've got on the radar but I agree - he doesn't look *that* good. Clearly a decent player but I think many of us are being blinded by the price tag here. Normally you'd expect a thread like this to be filled with youtube vids but that's not really happened and those that have been posted don't really suggest 12M of talent. I'm sure many will point to his international stats etc which are impressive for a 21 yr old but 12M is a hell of a gamble. Would be interesting to read what Bologna fans think of him - that's generally a good indication.

I don't really think the Ramirez deal affects any other ones we've got on the radar but I agree - he doesn't look *that* good. Clearly a decent player but I think many of us are being blinded by the price tag here. Normally you'd expect a thread like this to be filled with youtube vids but that's not really happened and those that have been posted don't really suggest 12M of talent. I'm sure many will point to his international stats etc which are impressive for a 21 yr old but 12M is a hell of a gamble. Would be interesting to read what Bologna fans think of him - that's generally a good indication.

Ok i can sort that out

May I bring the case of Steven Fletcher of Wolves to your attention? They are asking for £15m... 15!?

Thanks for posting those vids, Saint_Donovan.

The 2012 reel was particularly nice.

DISCLAIMER: I know you can't trust YouTube reels for assessing the overall quality of the player, so let's not see 20 posts pointing that out, eh pedants :D

Good friend of mine used to play for Milan and fiorentina.....he texted me that he views Ramirez as one of the best players in seria A and how this deal highlighlights that the Italian league is now a poor relation to the English. I am not worried he's not worth it, simply that it's not yet a done deal.

Good friend of mine used to play for Milan and fiorentina.....he texted me that he views Ramirez as one of the best players in seria A and how this deal highlighlights that the Italian league is now a poor relation to the English. I am not worried he's not worth it, simply that it's not yet a done deal.

Good news and to clarify I wasn't saying he is a bad player..just at the moment I can't see past our poor defence and the shortage of quality in those positions.

A team is built on its defence you start at the back and build your quality from there ...we haven't as yet and I don't understand why not.