Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

He won't, don't worry about it.

Adkins said yesterday ''Well we will get 1 CB, for sure, we need 1 at least and hopefully 2 by the close of the window''

On top of commenting on the excitement of being linked with Gaston.

I think we'll get ourselves 4 more signings in the next 16 days, totaling around 26-30m quid. Just a feeling, I think we're ready to spend to move onto the next level and the signing of Gaston will be a huge landmark.

Let's just hope it works out better for us than for QPR right now.

I think this is key. Maybe, we've told this 'ambitious CB' and other ambitious targets that we are looking to get Ramirez. This may be how we have got them interested in joining Southampton Football Club? If he comes, he could set many more on the way like you said.

Absolutely. We'd be seen totally differently by everyone. Agents, players, opposition. In our current position Ramirez is a player we don't really have any right to go for, let's be honest, but it shows that all this talk by Adkins about Europe and ambition isn't just talk, which is important. Alot of clubs talk the talk but never really invest, because at the end of the day you need good footballers to achieve good things.

Let's just hope it works out better for us than for QPR right now.

They'll be ok this season, and to be honest they haven't spend a great deal in comparison. They've screwed away more on wages than anything, the likes of SWP, Dyer, Zamora.....I like to think we're aiming for players quite a bit higher up the ladder than them.

They'll be ok this season, and to be honest they haven't spend a great deal in comparison. They've screwed away more on wages than anything, the likes of SWP, Dyer, Zamora.....I like to think we're aiming for players quite a bit higher up the ladder than them.

They've screwed a lot in wages, and signed players with little sell-on value. Very short-term thinking, not how I'd like us to be.

A team is built on its defence you start at the back and build your quality from there ...we haven't as yet and I don't understand why not.

I've always seen it that way too. Just about any top manager would tell you that, but Adkins, like many of his ways of managing thinks otherwise. He seems to have put together a team top heavy in strikers. To date without the efficient engine room there aren't enough goals being scored. I fear the defence will leak like a sieve and Davisin goal will be found out up against class teams.

They've screwed a lot in wages, and signed players with little sell-on value. Very short-term thinking, not how I'd like us to be.

We seem to be operating at the other end. Good young players, with big resale value for decent prices, let's be honest.

This is the day and age when we're talking £15/16m being demanded for Steve Fletcher, 60k p/w on Zamora. Both bog standard average players. Nothing special.

Yet £15m could get you one of the best young players around at the moment, with a resale value that will most likely be in the 30-40m's if he performs for us.

I've always seen it that way too. Just about any top manager would tell you that, but Adkins, like many of his ways of managing thinks otherwise. He seems to have put together a team top heavy in strikers. To date without the efficient engine room there aren't enough goals being scored. I fear the defence will leak like a sieve and Davisin goal will be found out up against class teams.

Won't class teams find us out by their very nature? We have a top heavy team at this moment, the window isn't closed and we've gone on record stating we will sign at least another defender. Not to mention that we've already signed a right back.

Also I'm pretty sure the centre midfield is our engine room, and I've no idea how you can claim not enough goals have been scored before we've played a competitive match.

I'm all for taking threads off on a tangent, but your post is literally mental. You are a loon!!!!

We seem to be operating at the other end. Good young players, with big resale value for decent prices, let's be honest.

This is the day and age when we're talking £15/16m being demanded for Steve Fletcher, 60k p/w on Zamora. Both bog standard average players. Nothing special.

Yet £15m could get you one of the best young players around at the moment, with a resale value that will most likely be in the 30-40m's if he performs for us.

In a nutshell. Exactly my point.

Slightly optimistic. That's not how the market works. No matter how well Ramirez did for us, his resale value would only go up if the club as a whole performed -if we started qualifying for Europe and doing well in it. That's a much larger and less predictable question.

Slightly optimistic. That's not how the market works. No matter how well Ramirez did for us, his resale value would only go up if the club as a whole performed -if we started qualifying for Europe and doing well in it. That's a much larger and less predictable question.

Possibly a little optimistic! What I was really getting at is that there's more chance of him demanding that sort of fee, as opposed to Fletcher and Zamora who will only sell for a loss. They'll never get £15m back, where we'd have a chance of doing so and possibly more as he has a lot of time on his side.

I think many of the posters on here have a rather simplistic view on how transfers work. I also think you're being rather harsh on Adkins.

Last season or the one before, I seem to remember him saying something along the lines of 'goals win you games, clean sheets win you championships'. He has also been quoted as saying several times this summer that we are looking at bringing in two centre backs. Now I am well aware that we need to strengthen in this area and that we're yet to do so, but do you think that Adkins is lying to keep the fans off his back? Or maybe he suffers from Alzheimer's and has simply forgot? Then again, maybe he got so excited at the thought of signing Ramirez that it just kind of slipped his mind?

I'd imagine the issue is more along the lines of Saints having trouble signing the CB's they want. Not ideal but hardly unlikely. But then again maybe I'm wrong, transfers just seem to always go without a hitch don't they? Oh by the way what's happening with Ramirez, he not signed yet?

Seems they dont want him to leave and he isnt over here yet.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ansa.it%2Fweb%2Fnotizie%2Frubriche%2Fcalcio%2F2012%2F08%2F18%2FBologna-cori-Dall-Ara-Ramirez_7355252.html%3Futm_source%3Dtwitterfeed%26utm_medium%3Dtwitter

Bologna: Ramirez for choirs at Dall'Ara

'Do not sell Gaston', Uruguayan in the stands does not speak

August 18, 21:14

(ANSA) - LONDON, Aug. 18 - In front there 'Varese in the Italian Cup, but the first night of Bologna at the Dall'Ara and' a 'theme Ramirez'. '' Do not sell Gaston'', the choir sang repeatedly from the curve Bulgarelli entrance of the teams. The Uruguayan midfielder - who in recent days had expressed a desire to be traded, tempted by the wide range of Southampton - and 'sitting in the stands' cause unavailable and did not want to respond to reporters.

I think many of the posters on here have a rather simplistic view on how transfers work. I also think you're being rather harsh on Adkins.

Last season or the one before, I seem to remember him saying something along the lines of 'goals win you games, clean sheets win you championships'. He has also been quoted as saying several times this summer that we are looking at bringing in two centre backs. Now I am well aware that we need to strengthen in this area and that we're yet to do so, but do you think that Adkins is lying to keep the fans off his back? Or maybe he suffers from Alzheimer's and has simply forgot? Then again, maybe he got so excited at the thought of signing Ramirez that it just kind of slipped his mind?

I'd imagine the issue is more along the lines of Saints having trouble signing the CB's they want. Not ideal but hardly unlikely. But then again maybe I'm wrong, transfers just seem to always go without a hitch don't they? Oh by the way what's happening with Ramirez, he not signed yet?

In these days with the transfer deadline looming it is difficult to complete moves before parties panic. The buyer doesnt want to be seen to offer too much to early and the seller hangs on in the hope of a better deal. As the deadline gets closer reality hits and panic sets in then one or other party compromises and gives in.

The next 12 days will be very interesting!

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

Well of course the fans won't want him to go, he's their star player. We didn't want Bale, Walcott etc to leave

Agree but we didnt exactly chant about it for a whole game did we! That club will erupt if their chairman sells him, especially for less than the 20m euros they want for him.

I reckon it has dragged on too long and they won't want to sell. Had we kept it quiet we could have nicked him before it all came out in the open.

Yeah dragged on by a day, it must be off.

It's hardly Buttner, just be patient.

I reckon it has dragged on too long and they won't want to sell. Had we kept it quiet we could have nicked him before it all came out in the open.

:facepalm:

Oh good grief. 4 pages after the most pedantic argument yet, you say this Hypo.

3 words mate. WE..... KEPT...... QUIET.......

Yeah dragged on by a day, it must be off.

It's hardly Buttner, just be patient.

It has been longer than a day. Reports say we are starting from scratch again on Monday with the fee and now the fans have wind of the sale they will be driving a harder bargain, rather like how Wolves are driving up the prices of their players to appease their fans. Will make it harder IMO.

It has been longer than a day. Reports say we are starting from scratch again on Monday with the fee and now the fans have wind of the sale they will be driving a harder bargain, rather like how Wolves are driving up the prices of their players to appease their fans. Will make it harder IMO.

Wow, 2 days. Blimey.

Hold the back pages, transfer off - it's taken longer than 48 hours!!!!!!!!!!!

Why, when the fans will have no idea how much money actually changes hands and the majority of fees are undisclosed anyway ?

They said 20m euros, they accepted that officially from Tottenham. Just have to do the same as Spurs. Fans will be fine in time, when they start spending the money.

They're already supposedly lining up Floccari.

Why, when the fans will have no idea how much money actually changes hands and the majority of fees are undisclosed anyway ?

Because they will want to save face with their own fans. Look at Holloway doing his thing. It's all to minimise the perceived damage done to their own team.

Because they will want to save face with their own fans. Look at Holloway doing his thing. It's all to minimise the perceived damage done to their own team.

But the actual amount is almost irrelevant because fans have no way of knowing what it is anyway, all the posturing and claiming they're trying to do the best deal or don't want to sell etc. is what attempts to save face, not the actual amount sold for (unless it's a ridiculously good deal, and they can always just claim that anyway).

I've always seen it that way too. Just about any top manager would tell you that, but Adkins, like many of his ways of managing thinks otherwise. He seems to have put together a team top heavy in strikers. To date without the efficient engine room there aren't enough goals being sco.p.red. I fear the defence will leak like a sieve and Davisin goal will be found out up against class teams.

Holy crap. Are you joking? Has Adkins earned no goodwill these past two years? If he doesn't know what he's doing how the **** am I going to Man City tomorrow just two years after we welcomed Plymouth Argyle as our opening game of the season?

See another article on the web and this one has quotes from Ramirez saying that Bologna want €15m for him? We offered that and got rejected!

http://www.calcionapoli24.it/?action=read&idnotizia=75626

Ramirez greets Italy: "There is a crisis, I go to Premier. Cavani will come away with me? It 'a friend, if you knew ..."

Four-year from 2.5 net per year and the number 10 shirt. So the Southampton has convinced him and his agent Oscar Betancourt

18/08/2012 05:30 Editorial Calcionapoli24.it

Source: Journal of Sports

Out another, even outside Gaston. Gaston Ramirez, potentially one of the strongest players of A, in a few hours will not be over Bologna today will fly to England to close with Southampton, which will pay 15 million for 70% of the possession of the card in red and blue. A Ramirez a four-year from 2.5 net per year and the number 10 shirt. So the Southampton has convinced him and his agent Oscar Betancourt to sign lacks only the ok Penarol, which controls the remaining 30%. And Gaston confirms everything, or almost.

This is a surprise. Better Southampton, newly promoted to the Premier, Inter, Juventus, Liverpool and Tottenham?

"Yes, the Southampton I tried it for real. They always wanted me to play, not to be one of many. I need to grow, and to grow you have to play. "

Never spoken to Count or Stramaccioni?

"No, but it was also an economic problem. In Italy there is a crisis and the Bologna wanted 15 million. In Italy there are not that much money. "

Italy And what will be left?

"Bologna, the memories of Ronaldinho and Pirlo opponents, the Juventus Stadium: the most beautiful of A. Then Cavani, a friend, but I do not know if time will be away too. And if you knew ... no, I could just say "

See another article on the web and this one has quotes from Ramirez saying that Bologna want €15m for him? We offered that and got rejected!

http://www.calcionapoli24.it/?action=read&idnotizia=75626

Ramirez greets Italy: "There is a crisis, I go to Premier. Cavani will come away with me? It 'a friend, if you knew ..."

Four-year from 2.5 net per year and the number 10 shirt. So the Southampton has convinced him and his agent Oscar Betancourt

18/08/2012 05:30 Editorial Calcionapoli24.it

Source: Journal of Sports

Out another, even outside Gaston. Gaston Ramirez, potentially one of the strongest players of A, in a few hours will not be over Bologna today will fly to England to close with Southampton, which will pay 15 million for 70% of the possession of the card in red and blue. A Ramirez a four-year from 2.5 net per year and the number 10 shirt. So the Southampton has convinced him and his agent Oscar Betancourt to sign lacks only the ok Penarol, which controls the remaining 30%. And Gaston confirms everything, or almost.

This is a surprise. Better Southampton, newly promoted to the Premier, Inter, Juventus, Liverpool and Tottenham?

"Yes, the Southampton I tried it for real. They always wanted me to play, not to be one of many. I need to grow, and to grow you have to play. "

Never spoken to Count or Stramaccioni?

"No, but it was also an economic problem. In Italy there is a crisis and the Bologna wanted 15 million. In Italy there are not that much money. "

Italy And what will be left?

"Bologna, the memories of Ronaldinho and Pirlo opponents, the Juventus Stadium: the most beautiful of A. Then Cavani, a friend, but I do not know if time will be away too. And if you knew ... no, I could just say "

I think a lot of this has understandably got lost in translation, but my jist on it is that we agreed a fee with a few bits to sort. I.e how it's paid. For bologna to then see the player speaking as if it was done they got rightly annoyed. So they paused it.

It also allows the club to swing the exit in the face of the player, rather than the club looking like its selling off its talent - to their fans they now look like the victim. So in essence gastons comments were ill timed and slightly unprofessional, but bologna used this development to their advantage.

There is no way back for Gaston now, so it's up to the chairman to look like he's trying to get the best possible deal he can. I think it will all be resolved rather quickly next week.

As I say, that's just my take on the numerous articles all over the place but I don't think it's too far from the truth.

I think a lot of this has understandably got lost in translation, but my jist on it is that we agreed a fee with a few bits to sort. I.e how it's paid. For bologna to then see the player speaking as if it was done they got rightly annoyed. So they paused it.

It also allows the club to swing the exit in the face of the player, rather than the club looking like its selling off its talent - to their fans they now look like the victim. So in essence gastons comments were ill timed and slightly unprofessional, but bologna used this development to their advantage.

There is no way back for Gaston now, so it's up to the chairman to look like he's trying to get the best possible deal he can. I think it will all be resolved rather quickly next week.

As I say, that's just my take on the numerous articles all over the place but I don't think it's too far from the truth.

I agree with your assessment. Pretty accurate IMO. Lets pray that we get this over the line next week.

Seems the usual type of talks that are best done behind closed doors.

IMHO it's probably already has been done behind closed doors.

With Bolgna having a game on Saturday night and knowing he would not International Clearance to play today, everyone would have known there was a weekend of limbo.

The Don seems to have very good relationships with Italian Football, and it would have taken nothing for him to give the Bologna President the opportunity to play Media Management all weekend with his fans (we did everything we could to keep him but then we got the best deal) and let his prospective replacement for Ramirez know they are coming for him but do not have the full 15mil to spend "up front".

Italy is f\/cked and so is it's football at the moment, and we may want to head back there for some other gems between now and end of January Window.

A nudge & a wink to allow this scenario is as possible as the "The Don didn't close the deal" scenario