West Brom 2 Saints 0 - The Wake

St Chalet

how the hell did we beat villa 4-1?! the days of the Manchester games where we were in there with a fighting chance seem so far away. sigh... what is there to say about the team today.. they were all sh!te. no positives to be taken. at. all. west brom barely got out of 2nd gear, stroll in the park for them.

in what way are we good enough to stay up...you would not even think that about a team that lost 10 from 13 this season...

We have the skill, we lack the confidence. WBA played well - Mulumbu was immense and we could do with Morgan beefing up like him but in a number of games this season we have not been outclassed. Confidence will come when we get that lucky goal off someone's arse - we can stay up - I can't believe the wet surrender monkeys on this board at times, I listened to our support tonight (redundancy has stopped me going as much as I'd like but back for Swansea) and they f ucking supported the team.

I'm a supporter - we've been in worse sh it than this.

Would be a waste to get rid of Atkins only to bring in another untested prem manager!

Has to be HR or RB

You could bring in Pep Guardiola if you want. If he has to work with that back 4 he'll fail. With the exception of Clyne, they are just not good enough. Simple as. Keep Nigel and let him try to sort it in January.

Davis was shocking. How the **** did he get Cork's shirt and what the **** was Cork doing 150 miles north playing for the 21s when Morgan and Davis happily went missing in action. We lack character and we lack leadership.

Corks been injured. I do like him, but I still feel he's becoming a better player than he actually is due to his injury. Similar happens to most players who are out when we start losing.

The thousands at WBA sounded pretty much for him.

At the end of the day this forum represents an incredibly small percentage.

how do you know the chants were not just an appreciation...

I cannot believe he will stay..I love the fella but we are getting beaten, easily...nearly every week

Well as much as I'm a Die Hard fan I'm Glad I didn't go tonight as I hadn't been feeling well anyway

And that it is a bit of a Joke at times watching Saints Home & Away and just watching Adkins interview

that it sounded iike His Last One and Fair Play for telling it how it is too and Hopefully he'l be here come

the Swansea game too But We'l See...!!!

Keep The Faith!!!

COYR!!! :D

He has done the business for us from Div 1....however you cannot have 30M to spend and end up giving us this drivel....I admire him for what he did, however we are have to stay in this division and not become a total laughing stock.

I completely stand behind that statement........I do not buy into this crap.....Results are all that matter... nothing else and after watching our matches so far this season. he is not up to it.

We were very lucky in the champtionship, please do not tell me that our defense did not need a serious overhaul from last year. If you going to play a passing game.....You need player talented enough to manage that.

We fall short there on a massive scale........Hence my idiot referral..

There's no such thing as luck over the course of a full season, we rightfully got promoted. NA isn't the only one to blame for poor summer recruitment, Cortese and Reid have to share part of that blame.

Schneiderlin is a player I have long admired during our rise to the top, largely for his work ethic and passing ability. I believed he had the potential to reach the national team.

But today Mulumbu made him look about as good as Paul Wotton. Lightweight, poor passing, limited effort. He's got a terrible attitude towards referees too. Davis complemented him today superbly - they were both arse biscuits.

Blame the players, not the gaffer. I'd like to think they'd respond vs Swansea, but I'm not sure they have the belief or the heart.

who are the majority...? can you name them..?

You rewind sky sports to the final whistle, and you will see the level of support he is getting from the hardcore southampton away following. At games I have been to this season, I have not heard anyone say he should go. I have heard supports say they fear for him because of the nature of football.

As far as I am concerned we have a great chance over the next 4 games to give us a fighting chance, if this fails I will fear for him, but not yet!

COYR!

Rafa Benitez??? would be surprised if he would come here

Even if he did, not sure how much a new manager can change this sorry situation. The squad lacks PL experience, the players don't look physically strong enough, we lack a leader on the pitch (sorry, but AL is not the right choice for skipper), we lack an aggressive, ball winning, level headed midfielder, confidence is low, defence is not good enough for this level. Do we really believe a new manager can turn this all round, even with a January transfer window? I would like to think so and yes, I do think NA should go; but this is a poor squad by PL standards and there in no MLT around to bail us out with a 25 yarder. Really fear for us now. NC has always maintained he is building for the future. That'll be a long term future in the Championship then. Love the Saints always but this is truly painful to watch.

Well as much as I'm a Die Hard fan I'm Glad I didn't go tonight as I hadn't been feeling well anyway

And that it is a bit of a Joke at times watching Saints Home & Away and just watching Adkins interview

that it sounded iike His Last One and Fair Play for telling it how it is too and Hopefully he'l be here come

the Swansea game too But We'l See...!!!

Keep The Faith!!!

COYR!!! :D

I think you are right, lose on Saturday and the fight for Nigel just might be over..... 3 points please, keep the faith.

You rewind sky sports to the final whistle, and you will see the level of support he is getting from the hardcore southampton away following. At games I have been to this season, I have not heard anyone say he should go. I have heard supports say they fear for him because of the nature of football.

As far as I am concerned we have a great chance over the next 4 games to give us a fighting chance, if this fails I will fear for him, but not yet!

COYR!

Nobody is ever going to give him a hard time, after all look at what he has done for us.

However, the support is starting to turn to pity IMO.

"we have a vision in place"

There lies the problem. This fantasy vision from above is directly influencing our performances right now.

Sorry but I think this is pure myth and some have fallen for it.

People said he was forced to play 4-3-3 and yet we have been playing 4-4-2 the last couple of games.

In the media news 24/7 world we live in it would come out very quickly if it was the case.

The reason we are where we are has nothing to do with what the chairman does. It is to do with our terrible defending. Did we play attractive passing football tonight? No we hoofed it up field most of the time.

I think people sometimes simply cannot accept that we are poor. Rather then look at it logically they prefer to go into the realms of conspiracy theory and try and make out something somewhere is holding us back. We just are not good enough in defence. It is as simple as that.

Yeah so what come January it's going to be too late whatever we do to the defence. **** it let's get relegated and come back properly, if anyone it's Cortese who needs to go, sounds like a right cock to me.

Show some loyalty for once. We have to give him a chance, he's never done this before what did you think was going to happen!!! Learn from your mistakes and come back smarter and stronger. IN ADKINS WE TRUST

I have said for a while, no matter what, it's a results business and if Cortese wants a chance of staying up this year, Nigel has to go. It's a real shame, I thought he could pull it off and keep the entertainment flowing. Win some, lose some. But, the free flowing football from the first half of last season has deserted us. Nigel might have been found out, his methods of making average players look good has just disappeared. Some on here are questioning Cortese or Reed or whatever, but, look at us in posession, and that tells me everything. We aren't finding the gaps that were much more clearly there in the Championship. He's getting Gaston and Lallana on the ball ok, but, there's no penetration or goal threat thereafter. This is due to the shape of the team, some of that is confidence as well. But, in this league, as a forward, you have to make the run again and again and again, maybe get the ball once all game in a decent position, and then do something with it that is dangerous. We aren't getting there, we aren't making the shape that pulls the gaps to exploit. All this talk about defence and we've let slip the thing that might save us, our ability to score at will. Without goals, we are sunk with our leaky defence. Didn't think that were that bad this evening, but, didn't think WBA offered much of a threat. Long range shots and half chances, but, were better than us, more clinical and more adventurous and accurate where it counts. Gaston could well be the next MLT, but, he needs other players around him, making his job easier.

Lots of buts in there, ifs and maybes would be nice to add, but, I'm afraid we need a change. Sorry Nige... :(

Shocking. I can't take any positives from that, not one.

The full backs were exposed by the wide players. The cm's were powderpuff and wasteful. The cf's had little service. The cb's were left to hang out to dry.

Basically it was a 424. Zonal marking. Weak midfield. Wide players who neither stayed wide or tracked the opposing fb or covered their own. Horribly, horribly naive formation and tactics.

According to NA 4th official told ref over the mike that their was a handball. This confirmed on Sky.

The lino should have flagged for the offence....but like some of the other big time charlies...Halsey will not let the lino do their job.

Lallana was pushed over in the box...clear penalty and Halsey waved play on.

According to NA 4th official told ref over the mike that their was a handball. This confirmed on Sky.

Did this cost us the first goal? NO!!! It must have been 20 seconds later, and resulted from Fox being non-existant at left back and Schneiderlin being lazy. Awful excuse. Whatever happened to 'control the controllables'!!!!!

Clyne for MOM. apart from AL on a couple of occasions, the only player who ran with the ball in the right direction.

What is the point of possession if it is all Chuckle brothers passing that goes sideways and then backwards?

Apart from the 2 players mentioned above, the only time we took the ball forwards was when we hoofed it.

MS' reputation as midfield maestro with a range of passing took a serious hit tonight.

Can't decide about Fonte's performance - good, bad, and ugly.

Ramirez was definitely poor though....

And Mayuka and Guly came on too late and then produced FA.

It all left me depressed but not surprised.

Oh well there's always swansea....

I think that you may be wrong in the involvement of Cortese
when I say involved I mean he has a role - overseeing the contract negotiations and having the final say on the move. Ie if the player wants too much wedge he won't sanction the deal. Which is how it should be. In terms of the players brought in they will be recommendations from Adkins and Les Reed's scouting team

The fear factor is coming into play. Last season we were confident, positive and, to quote WGS, brave with the ball which is critical if you've going to put teams under pressure.

Because we're defending breakaways so badly, there's a fear of losing the ball, no pace, no movement. Everything's in slow motion and mainly sideways.

Even the long ball to Ricky option wasn't an option tonight. He won very little, and when he did there was no movement off him or anticipation.

Yes it's team with weaknesses but the sapping confidence is a bigger worry. IF they could put a couple of wins together, I believe they would climb the table. But it's where those couple of wins are going to come from.