West Brom 2 Saints 0 - The Wake

St Chalet

Schneiderlin was poor, missed so many interceptions.

Fox is looking better and better but is still being left to defend 2 (sometimes 3) attacking players, we need to get out midfield back to help out more.

After a couple of clumsy incidents after coming on, Guly affected the game more than Davis or Schneiderlin had.

Thought we looked quite good up till the second goal.

Unlucky tonight. Had to win which suited west brom. They are a good side sadly. Even so we've been screwed over. Handball +deflected goal, crossbar, penalty not given. Sigh. We are the only team to stay up from this position. Chin up. Also fantastic support to those who went. And nice touch between the fans and Nigel at the end. Clyne our best player? Think he gets it for me anyway. Unlucky all. Frustrating as hell when we lose to a team who sit there and counter. But we have to cut out the mistakes. I.e. Davis for second goal! Ramirez also not match sharp. And although they were isolated I thought jayrod was disappointing tonight.

Not unlucky at all, we were ****. WBA were there for the taking, we offered zilch. Couple of half chances here and there, but it was way too easy for them. They aren't that good a side, they'll drift down the league as the season goes on. It's just worrying that bog-standard sides like these make it look so easy against us.

It is getting boring now,we are all armchair managers but we all say this 433 is not working? but yet we play it week after week.It clearly is not working,we should try and find a formation that suits are players!!

I believe that NC is pulling all the strings,he is like a poor mans Abramovich

But what baffles me is why we didnt make changes as soon as we went 2-0 down,put Punch and Mayuka on the wings and have a go,why wait another 15 mins??

U are aware we played 4-2-2-2 right? Armchair manager. Pfft. Offer fair criticism at least mate

It is getting boring now,we are all armchair managers but we all say this 433 is not working? but yet we play it week after week.It clearly is not working,we should try and find a formation that suits are players!!

I believe that NC is pulling all the strings,he is like a poor mans Abramovich

But what baffles me is why we didnt make changes as soon as we went 2-0 down,put Punch and Mayuka on the wings and have a go,why wait another 15 mins??

If that wasn't 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 I don't know what is.

Dear Nigel,

Thanks for everything over the past 2 years, what you've done for us is nothing short of incredible and you will always be remembered fondly by us.

However, the time has come to go our separate ways, it just isn't working, and the light at the end of the tunnel is getting dimmer and dimmer.

All the best.

Fox is looking better and better but is still being left to defend 2 (sometimes 3) attacking players, we need to get out midfield back to help out more.

After a couple of clumsy incidents after coming on, Guly affected the game more than Davis or Schneiderlin had.

Morgan very poor, we really didn't need a performance like that from him. In all honesty, both CM's were hopeless. Didn't offer anything in attack and were eased off the ball for fun. They need to baulk up.

Yep second half wasn't too bad before the second.

In Nigel I trust. Its our back five that is the problem, no manager is going to get better out of that lot.

It's not as straight forward as that. They're starting to look devoid of confidence, guidance or any idea's. It's looking very rudderless out there at the moment, sometimes a change is the only thing that can swing it in the other direction.

Sad thing for me is that West Brom were really not that good! It's just that were, despite having more possesion, very poor in most depts. I'm normally a 'glass half full' person but after tonight, I really am depressed at that performance. We were powder puff all over the park, easy to knock off the ball and LIGHTWEIGHT in nearly ever tackle.

I've been a strong supporter of NA from his appointment but I do now wonder if it's time for change. Having written that, he is not solely to blame for our situation! Others need to be held accountable.

I questioned if he had lost the dressing room and got slaughtered for it. I think he has.

He still had them during the Spurs match, the second half was good. They fought, believed and came close to snatching a draw.

But today it was absolute ****. It started with Davis' bad pass after 3 mins and we just continued being awful. After the 1-0 we never put up a fight. Nobody made runs, we kept passing backwards. Nobody stepped up and showed the way. One win is all we need to bring some of that confidence back but at the moment I can't see where that win will be coming from.

It's not as straight forward as that. They're starting to look devoid of confidence, guidance or any idea's. It's looking very rudderless out there at the moment, sometimes a change is the only thing that can swing it in the other direction.

Where's Razor Ruddock when you need him?

but we didn't play 4-3-3 tonight so no idea what you are on about.

Someone will come on here and tell me Morgan made 100 passes.

Yes he did standing with or just in front of the centre backs. To the fullback right. To the full back left..

To each of the centre backs on numerous backward passes. He is worse than Butch Crabb Wilkins.

What does he offer the team sitting so far back. He can not tackle or head the ball.

He telegraphs the ball to the feet of the forwards at slow pace...

He is out of position when needed.

Sop when you posters blame various players..have a good look at Morgan......Shiiite too many times.

Ps I could play his position anyday of the week and so could er indoors...

Davis is not good enough. Gaston wasn't fit, could clearly see that. Lallana underperformed. Lambert ended up out wide far too much for my liking. Yoshida is useless. Felt that Clyne and Fonte were alright, plus Shaw looked alright when he came on too. Give him a chance against Swansea instead of Fox?

Hoping that wasn't a farewell from Adkins...there aren't many managers out there that can do much more with our current set of players. Gazza needs to stay as number one!

Manager is an idiot to carry on playing like this........

I'm not directing this post at you personally, but at that mentality. Who is anyone here to call Adkins an idiot!? Maybe it is time for him to move on, maybe not, but to call the man an idiot is ridiculous, unfair, and just plain moronic. Shame on anyone who talks about him this way.

but we didn't play 4-3-3 tonight so no idea what you are on about.

Ok I got it wrong,I was aware we were not playing 433.in my moment of rage/disbelief I typed that,even still no matter what we played tonight it didnt work and has not worked all season

Sorry for not living in Manchester, son?

unfortunately that never stopped my son admiring manure :-(

as far as tonight goes I thought we continued to look weak at the back and in central midfield. too easily ripped apart. on the plus side we kept plugging away, had a fair bit of possession and probably deserved a goal for our efforts. A couple of wins would do wonders for our confidence and I still think Nige deserves the chance to try and turn this round. Don't think he will get it though