West Brom 2 Saints 0 - The Wake

St Chalet

Alex Ferguson couldn't fix our defence. The back four are conceding sloppy goals due to individual errors. We didn't strengthen enough in the summer and Adkins was in a dreamworld thinking we had a good enough side to withstand the premiership.

Only positive so far this season is the number of goals we've scored (9th overall).

Alex Ferguson couldn't fix our defence. The back four are conceding sloppy goals due to individual errors. We didn't strengthen enough in the summer and Adkins was in a dreamworld thinking we had a good enough side to withstand the premiership.

Only positive so far this season is the number of goals we've scored (9th overall).

such a load of crap...unreal

Going to be a long journey home tonight, feel a bit numb really. After all the hard work and effort we put in to get up to the Prem we're going to go down with a whimper.

Clapped Nige as hard as I could when he walked over, don't think I'll be seeing him in charge of us again.

It seemed to me that Adkins threw in the towel on 82 minutes by subbing a full- back for a full-back. Chasing the game, we waste valuable time with an unnecessary sub.

I feel sorry for Adkins that it's not working out for him this season. But football is a hard-nosed business. We're not even making a fight for it at the moment. Changes need to be made.

Davis is not good enough. Gaston wasn't fit, could clearly see that. Lallana underperformed. Lambert ended up out wide far too much for my liking. Yoshida is useless. Felt that Clyne and Fonte were alright, plus Shaw looked alright when he came on too. Give him a chance against Swansea instead of Fox?

Hoping that wasn't a farewell from Adkins...there aren't many managers out there that can do much more with our current set of players. Gazza needs to stay as number one!

Agree with most of that - except Fonte was not alright. Looked out of his depth and scared much of the time. As you say, Gaston wasn't fit and should have been brought off after 60 mins. Adkins had my unwavering support before tonight but I do not understand why he took so long to change personnel tonight.

It seemed to me that Adkins threw in the towel on 82 minutes by subbing a full- back for a full-back. Chasing the game, we waste valuable time with an unnecessary sub.

I feel sorry for Adkins that it's not working out for him this season. But football is a hard-nosed business. We're not even making a fight for it at the moment. Changes need to be made.

I think he wanted to be the manager who handed Shaw his debut in what could be his last match. Hope not though.

Today showed more than our woeful defending. We had no character fight or confidence and when that starts to show you have to consider if the manager is the right man. I love him but I think we need a change ASAP. And I do agree to the argument who can we bring in. I simply don't know.

Going to be a long journey home tonight, feel a bit numb really. After all the hard work and effort we put in to get up to the Prem we're going to go down with a whimper.

Clapped Nige as hard as I could when he walked over, don't think I'll be seeing him in charge of us again.

Thought our support was a credit to the club tonight.

Championship manager,championship players and soon to be championship club

Perhaps there is a 'happy ending' to the story after all! Next season, young H and I will be paying £25-£30 for our tickets instead of over £50 this.

To use a strachan quote "propaganda football"

We are the best team in the league in our own half when nobody presses us.

Who gives a ****. We are toothless, we need a mulumbu to orchestrate the middle. Our centre is so powderpuff it's untrue.

Among other things.

I'm not directing this post at you personally, but at that mentality. Who is anyone here to call Adkins an idiot!? Maybe it is time for him to move on, maybe not, but to call the man an idiot is ridiculous, unfair, and just plain moronic. Shame on anyone who talks about him this way.

He has done the business for us from Div 1....however you cannot have 30M to spend and end up giving us this drivel....I admire him for what he did, however we are have to stay in this division and not become a total laughing stock.

I completely stand behind that statement........I do not buy into this crap.....Results are all that matter... nothing else and after watching our matches so far this season. he is not up to it.

We were very lucky in the champtionship, please do not tell me that our defense did not need a serious overhaul from last year. If you going to play a passing game.....You need player talented enough to manage that.

We fall short there on a massive scale........Hence my idiot referral..

....some managers are able to take to the prem..some are not.

you'be probably posted it already, but who would you replace him with? I thought Holloway did a decent job, but he's out of the picture now. We have to be careful what we wish for otherwise we might get a Megson/Dawes style nightmare.

We were a shower of ****. West Brom were average but still won easily.

The spine of the team is so physically weak with Schneiderlin and Davis offering nothing. Mulumbu, who was very good for WBA, is the type of player we need in midfield - Strong presence, can put foot on ball and run with it.

Only Clyne came out of the game with an ounce of credibility.

The players may not be good enough for this level but Adkins is clearly out of his depth. To wait 15 minutes after the 2nd goal to make subs was a complete joke.

Total respect to our travelling support, the only positive to take from a truly dire performance.

Heading towards a record of the least number of points in the prem since Derby.

Inept performance from a team that's playing with absolutely no confidence and defensively very little skill in all postions

Benietz would not work for Cortese would he

I still feel the responsibility for the dire situation lies with Cortese wanting to play 4 3 3 and getting in strange signings of players not good enough for the PL

how many times FFS? Cortese has had no say in the formation at all. He is involved in trasfers, as all chairman tend to be, but 4-3-3 is down to Adkins. He's not even playing it now anyway.

Well their first goal shouldn't have stood because there was a definite handball in the lead-up to it, and we definitely should have had a penalty towards the end.

HOWEVER... that really just papers over the cracks. Our defensive set-up was shocking, our midfield was way too accommodating and our forward play was far too predictable and easily dealt with.

Nobody came out of that with any credit IMO, but I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say what I've been feeling for a while... Lallana really ain't all that I'm afraid. I fail to see exactly what he brings to the attack to make him so highly rated, and his defensive covering is disgraceful. Poor old Danny Fox gets slaughtered on here for allowing too much to come down our left side, but the amount of times he had two men on him because AL was just trotting back from losing the ball up front (again) was inexcusable.

I really don't want to see Adkins sacked, but I'm fearful that is precisely what is going to happen... and soon.

Handball in the build up and deflection (yet again) for the first, hit the bar, have a clear penalty waved away doesn't help the cause.

However, why oh why did NA not take a clearly unfit Ramirez off (for Puncheon) and JRod (for Myuka) as soon as the 2nd goal went in? And why does he persist with Do Prado. He is NOT a PL player. Simple. Clueless.....

Thought Clyne looked good tonight though.

Can't see us winning a game at the moment.

Heart breaking......

how many times FFS? Cortese has had no say in the formation at all. He is involved in trasfers, as all chairman tend to be, but 4-3-3 is down to Adkins. He's not even playing it now anyway.

I think that you may be wrong in the involvement of Cortese