Who we've been linked with for January thread...

Saint Garrett

@bigadamsport: Could be good cover for LallanaRT @solentsport: We understand #saintsfc have registered an interest in signing Chelsea winger Yossi Benayoun

@NabilHassan79: #saintsfc tried to sign Benayoun in previous transfer window but wages were an issue. Currently on £100,000 a week, will seek £1.5m-a-year.

£100k for a reserve. Madness. Would be a good signing for us though IMO, experienced at this level. Reminds me of Fabrice Fernandes, my favourite player as a kid! No way should we pay that much though.

@bigadamsport: Could be good cover for LallanaRT @solentsport: We understand #saintsfc have registered an interest in signing Chelsea winger Yossi Benayoun

@NabilHassan79: #saintsfc tried to sign Benayoun in previous transfer window but wages were an issue. Currently on £100,000 a week, will seek £1.5m-a-year.

£100k for a reserve. Madness. Would be a good signing for us though IMO, experienced at this level. Reminds me of Fabrice Fernandes, my favourite player as a kid! No way should we pay that much though.

But 1.5 million/p.a is only 30K a week, still too much for a bit part player though

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WET SHAM!!!!! OH MY GOD HOW DID YOU EVER COME UP WITH COMEDY LIKE THAT? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They must be so annoyed and quaking in their boots at that...

Wet Sham! Wow.

Stroker.

But 1.5 million/p.a is only 30K a week, still too much for a bit part player though
Welcome to the top flight!

All these complaints about wages and the like are mental, this is the Premier League and unfortunately this is how it is. If we are to stay in it and compete in it then we will have to spend a lot of money. Shyte, but fact of life.

All these complaints about wages and the like are mental, this is the Premier League and unfortunately this is how it is. If we are to stay in it and compete in it then we will have to spend a lot of money. Shyte, but fact of life.

Feck that, I refuse to believe the only way forward is to bankrupt our club. I'd much rather go down and pocket 90 million quid thanks.

You're partly right, but is that what WBA, Norwich, Swansea have done?

You're partly right, but is that what WBA, Norwich, Swansea have done?

Liam Ridgewell is on £25k a week, it was reported after that toilet photo incident. He's a pretty average player and I'd rather have Benayoun than him. Think £30-40k is the going average for most premiership players these days, I imagine the likes of Michu will be on this amount. Blame the agents.

So Jack Butland won't be coming and we'll make do with what we've got.... This is the official line. We're stuffed, get ready for 'Uddersfield and Notts Forest

When Butland in goal at Brum is preparing them for the dizzying heights of Preston North end and Colchester... :rolleyes:

It's pretty clear Butland is another one for the future but there is no point creaming our load over him before he has had a chance to actually play and develop his skills (especially when Birmingham's financial position is getting worse and worse so we wont have to pay over the odds soon enough for a keeper that currently is no better than anyone we have).

When Butland in goal at Brum is preparing them for the dizzying heights of Preston North end and Colchester... :rolleyes:

It's pretty clear Butland is another one for the future but there is no point creaming our load over him before he has had a chance to actually play and develop his skills (especially when Birmingham's financial position is getting worse and worse so we wont have to pay over the odds soon enough for a keeper that currently is no better than anyone we have).

My son lives in St Albans he'll be delighted to know there's another saints fan there. We were up there yesterday and Loch Fyne celebrating a birthday. Great place to live but you must have shedloads of dosh.

On the whole Mboyo thing. The man's past is well-known. When he was 16, he was convicted for his involvement in a gang rape. I'm certainly not condoning it, but when he was selected for Belgium, the national coach said it was a case of "do we write someone off forever?"

On the whole Mboyo thing. The man's past is well-known. When he was 16, he was convicted for his involvement in a gang rape. I'm certainly not condoning it, but when he was selected for Belgium, the national coach said it was a case of "do we write someone off forever?"

Perhaps not but reading about his sentence, he served less than 3 years and most of that was in an open institute where he was allowed to train and play games as part of some young offender football scheme. The punishment hardly seemed to fit the crime.

Perhaps not but reading about his sentence, he served less than 3 years and most of that was in an open institute where he was allowed to train and play games as part of some young offender football scheme. The punishment hardly seemed to fit the crime.

You are skating on wafer thin ice. Wind your neck in.

Edited by Saint Charlie

I've got real mixed feelings about it. I did not know about the sentencing (which I agree was very light). It's a very serious crime.

I do think offenders should have the chance of rehabilitation. Continuing to play footy was probably his best chance of rehabilitation. Do you happen to know if the people convicted with him got off as lightly?

I've got real mixed feelings about it. I did not know about the sentencing (which I agree was very light). It's a very serious crime.

I do think offenders should have the chance of rehabilitation. Continuing to play footy was probably his best chance of rehabilitation. Do you happen to know if the people convicted with him got off as lightly?

No I don't know about the others but as they were not on the books for Anderlecht, I'm guessing they didn't get the same opportunity.

Lawrenson says what some of us feel - we need a keeper this window

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20805220

Not the only one:

"... there will be a niggling fear for the Southampton manager, Nigel Adkins, in his inability to find stability in goal. After Kelvin Davis's latest uncomfortable display, in the 3-3 draw with Stoke at the weekend, Artur Boruc returned to the starting line-up for the first time since October, and immediately fumbled the ball on two occasions early in the match. Adkins has assembled a team with several impressive attacking options but they will be threatened by relegation as long as Boruc, Davis and the talented by error-prone 21-year-old Paulo Gazzaniga bring uncertainty to the defence. A new keeper should be a priority in January, whatever the price." Mike Adamson

My son lives in St Albans he'll be delighted to know there's another saints fan there. We were up there yesterday and Loch Fyne celebrating a birthday. Great place to live but you must have shedloads of dosh.

Yeah, we're all loaded and drive BMW's etc up here.....actually, we do ;o)

I'm always up for meeting up with fellow fans to attend away games in the Midlands etc where it's not convenient for my friends to pass through - offer open to anyone.