Who we've been linked with for January thread...

Saint Garrett

Day 12 and sod all. Our transfer policy is just not good enough. If the club cared about improving we would have had a couple in by now. Tomorrow and next Wednesday critical to whether we move forward or not.

Amazing isn't it. And all the clubs around us have signed, what, eight or nine players each. Transfer committee out FFS.

Day 12 and sod all. Our transfer policy is just not good enough. If the club cared about improving we would have had a couple in by now. Tomorrow and next Wednesday critical to whether we move forward or not.

Would rather we wait and sign quality than buy Stephen Kelly or Chamak and Joe Cole...

Desperate early signings are always for desperate/rubbish players.

Although according the AdrianFC and red this is just standard procedure and January transfers should only happen in the last 24 hours.

The world is neigh!!!! We are doomed – the Mayan’s were right after all, and we are eternally fooked – good job I watched my fair share of games (win/lose/draw/some hard to tell?) whilst we didn’t implode!

Implosion would be a new experience and we have certainly danced around with the concept a few times, but at the end of the day not sure I would want to experience that, after nearly 40 years of following my only team. We are simply the best - maybe not in terms of absolute achievement, but for a so called “fashionable family” club, we are holding more than our own and will get there in time – just have belief and patience.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/01/14/west-ham-southampton-eye-move-for-on-loan-watford-striker/

Southampton and West Ham are eyeing a move for in-form striker Matej Vydra and are threatening to scupper his proposed permanent move to Championship side Watford.

The 20-year-old, who is a full international for the Czech Republic already with four caps to his name, has caught the eye this season with 14 goals for Watford in the Championship while on loan from Italian Serie A side Udinese.

I really want to believe this is a wind up.

I don't know, ART lives down around Montpellier and to "habitués" of French Football the transfer window in England sometimes looks unnecessarily complicated. Here it's much simpler. You do your scouting, you strike a deal and the player signs on the dotted line in the first few days of January. In England most of the transfer rumours are generated by agents to drum up interest and supporters believe nothing is happening when it should be. When in fact nothing was ever happening in the first place.

Watford fans on their forum are talking as if they'd get big money if they were to sell him (between £8-£20 million according to some) but that they're better off keeping him to get promoted. He is on loan right? From Udinese? The parent club that would get any transfer money should he bs sold? I'm not sure what they're on about there.

Watford fans on their forum are talking as if they'd get big money if they were to sell him (between £8-£20 million according to some) but that they're better off keeping him to get promoted. He is on loan right? From Udinese? The parent club that would get any transfer money should he bs sold? I'm not sure what they're on about there.

I think the clue is Udinese's ownership.

Depends which club they want to receive the transfer kitty tbh and if it's technically possible to transfer him to Watford and to another club in the same window.

Norwich City are eyeing a move for Celtic striker Gary Hooper, 24, after boss Chris Hughton admitted that he needs more fire-power. (the Guardian)

Are we not interested in him any more?

We got Jay Rodriguez instead. It was always a case of one or the other.

I think Jay was always our number 1 choice.

The 18-year-old Barnsley right-back John Stones, not satisfied with merely sponsoring a lower-league trophy through his paint company, is at the middle of a three-way tug of war. Fulham, Wigan and Southampton are all in for the £1.5m-rated teenager.

from the Guardian rumour page.

Chaps, sorry if I've missed this, but has Puncheon still not signed a new contract?
For sure he will be signed up by the end of the transfer window so we can say we've made signings.

Just as long as Steve de Ridder doesn't sign a contract extension in face of his Golden Turds nomination

306434_10151235565543424_1835954277_n.jpg

It's true, I've never mastered the reactionary simpleton approach to drawing conclusions. I'd say I'll work on it, but I guess that defeats the whole point.

I think regardless of whether you are right or wrong (and you are wrong on occasion) removing the patronising tone in all of your replies would help when trying to have a proper conversation.