Who we've been linked with for January thread...

Saint Garrett

I think regardless of whether you are right or wrong (and you are wrong on occasion) removing the patronising tone in all of your replies would help when trying to have a proper conversation.

adrians has turned into the most self righteous, pompous patronising poster of all time....

adrians has turned into the most self righteous, pompous patronising poster of all time....

That never used to be the case. I used to quite like Adrian's posts and posting style. Over the past year however I have noticed that almost every reply is patronising and hints at superiority. Rather sad.

Anyone else slightly concerned the new manager has indicated that we do not need anyone else in the rest of the transfer window?

I thought the one good thing to come from him coming on board is that we may attract a couple of big name players which would enhance the squad this window which we may not have been able to get with Adkins otherwise seems very strange timing to do this??

Anyone else slightly concerned the new manager has indicated that we do not need anyone else in the rest of the transfer window?

I thought the one good thing to come from him coming on board is that we may attract a couple of big name players which would enhance the squad this window which we may not have been able to get with Adkins otherwise seems very strange timing to do this??

Don't read anything into that, besides a lot is going to be lost in translation over the next few weeks.

And at the end of the day, NA was always the same. Cards close to chest, don't reveal anything.

I'd be very, very surprised if Forren was our only addition. In fact I'm now expecting a fair few, but I'm not sure where the money is coming from.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21084201

"An interesting sub-plot for Southampton fans is the potential summer arrival of talented Espanyol midfielder Joan Verdu, a creative playmaker widely regarded as the Catalan club's best player.

Verdu, 29, is out of contract at the end of the season and has not agreed a new deal, with the club struggling to find funds to pay him as they seek to reduce their debts.

A host of clubs across Europe are known to be keen on securing his services for nothing in June. Considering his history with Pochettino, it's fairly safe to add Southampton to that list of suitors."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21084201

"An interesting sub-plot for Southampton fans is the potential summer arrival of talented Espanyol midfielder Joan Verdu, a creative playmaker widely regarded as the Catalan club's best player.

Verdu, 29, is out of contract at the end of the season and has not agreed a new deal, with the club struggling to find funds to pay him as they seek to reduce their debts.

A host of clubs across Europe are known to be keen on securing his services for nothing in June. Considering his history with Pochettino, it's fairly safe to add Southampton to that list of suitors."

Dont know that much about him but if he´s such a talented player, why wait until the summer. Can´t cost too much if his contract expires then....??

Dont know that much about him but if he´s such a talented player, why wait until the summer. Can´t cost too much if his contract expires then....??

That's what I thought too when reading that....especially if Espanyol are still in financial trouble / surely they'd much rather shift him now for a fee?

That's what I thought too when reading that....especially if Espanyol are still in financial trouble / surely they'd much rather shift him now for a fee?

if Pochettino has " known " about this move for sometime (as seems to be the case), then he's likely lined up a few targets who may start arriving next week......

if Pochettino has " known " about this move for sometime (as seems to be the case), then he's likely lined up a few targets who may start arriving next week......[

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Crouchie's Lawyer viewpost-right.png

/QUOTE]

David, you seem to forget that he said we don't need any new players in this window. Or is that something else the BBC made up?

Edited by Norm

David, you seem to forget that he said we don't need any new players in this window. Or is that something else the BBC made up?

Yes he did say that, but what is he supposed to do??

Should he do like Redknapp and say that the squad is garbage and need to be sorted right away??

Yes he did say that, but what is he supposed to do??

Should he do like Redknapp and say that the squad is garbage and need to be sorted right away??

Why answer the question if he was going to bull****? Why not, "I need time to settle" or some other crap.

Maybe he means other than the players he and Nicola have already secretly signed over the past few days, but that haven't been announced yet ;)

if Pochettino has " known " about this move for sometime (as seems to be the case), then he's likely lined up a few targets who may start arriving next week......[

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Crouchie's Lawyer viewpost-right.png

/QUOTE]

He didn't say that! The word "necessarily" has been conveniently missed out.

Its a lot better than arry coming in and basically saying the team is rubbish and we've no chance really. MP is right to say he thinks teh current team is strong. If he said otherwise would reveal him as an idiot. He avoided lots of bear traps in his interviews very skilfully. He's not stupid.

Wow wow wow please please please let this be true

Juan Roman riquelme is my favourite non saints player by a mile he can totally dictate a game with his passing and he's totally comfortable on the ball . Also has one of the best free kicks in the game he's ithe same type of quality as pirlo and xavi with his passing and ball retention . I would totally cream my pants if this happens lol

Juan Roman riquelme is my favourite non saints player by a mile he can totally dictate a game with his passing and he's totally comfortable on the ball . Also has one of the best free kicks in the game he's ithe same type of quality as pirlo and xavi with his passing and ball retention . I would totally cream my pants if this happens lol

I've never read any of your posts beforem will defo be keeping an eye out for you. Mega Lol'z

Surely this was all meant to be written in past tense?

Come on bearsy, up the standard of the posts from your 2nd account!

if Pochettino has " known " about this move for sometime (as seems to be the case), then he's likely lined up a few targets who may start arriving next week......

Dare I say it, NC might be tying up these deals rather than just too cowardly to attend the press conference.

Sky Sports say we're linked to Lucas Biglia and Joan Verdu. Not sure we want a player who's on strike at the moment!

Anyone know anything about them?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/8421811/Transfer-news-Southampton-want-Lucas-Biglia-and-Joan-Verdu

Don't know much about Biglia but Verdu was Pochittino's best player at Espanyol (from what I've read). Plays similar role to Ramirez though (agaain, from what I've read) so not sure how that would work out

Don't know much about Biglia but Verdu was Pochittino's best player at Espanyol (from what I've read). Plays similar role to Ramirez though (agaain, from what I've read) so not sure how that would work out

We need more another player who can play in the advanced midfield roles. Had little impetus from the bench today.