Pochettino to Benfica?

JustMike

If true, maybe now some will take note of what I said earlier that Pochettino would walk and leave us in a right old sh*te. He's another Redknapp.That he'd be grabbed up by a Spanish club in the merry go round following Mourinho leaving Real Madrid. So many options with even Malaga still hunting for a coach. Benfica would be too big to turn down

Should we take note that you were wrong if he goes to Benfica, or what are you saying?

Benfica = Spain......is false....

If true, maybe now some will take note of what I said earlier that Pochettino would walk and leave us in a right old sh*te. He's another Redknapp.That he'd be grabbed up by a Spanish club in the merry go round following Mourinho leaving Real Madrid. So many options with even Malaga still hunting for a coach. Benfica would be too big to turn down

Are you aware Benfica aren't Spanish?

More useful like this (even if its not the best translation ever)... ;)

Pochettino Benfica wants to become their next coach

Pochetino Mauritius has an offer from Benfica to become over from Jorge Jesus technical Lisbon has led the team to the finals of the Europa League and the Cup, losing both, a fact that was repeated with the Portuguese league when he lost to the Porto in the last minute of the penultimate game of the season.

Premier Pochetino reached the mid-season, meeting the target set to stay another season among the greats of English football. The former Espanyol saved the reassuringly Southampton, clearly showing the good taste of football practice all equipment, as demonstrated in the Catalan team in the four seasons he was as head coach.

The Argentine coach has a contract with Southampton, but the work done at Espanyol and done on his debut in the Premier, have led to Luis Felipe Vieira, president of the Portuguese club, to think Argentina to become the head Lisbon team coach. Jorge Jesus has four seasons in front of Benfica, but the last few weeks have been difficult regardless of defeats in the finals. The confrontation with Cardozo, technical player who pushed the end of the Cup final, has made ​​it a difficult situation to the technician.

Mauricio Pocchettino rang last season as one of the coaches who was on the list of possible replacements for Mourinho technician who have a good friendship. Good game displayed by Espanyol during the previous campaign sparked interest from different teams, but the poor economy dragged the Catalan club team, having to leave the office in the last days of November, for month and a half later Premier debut in Southampton hand.

Yes I am aware that Benfica is in Portugal. I merely mentioned what I posted several months back.

Benefica is mentioned at the end of my current post separately exactly for the reason it's not in Spain

Wouldnt lose any sleep if he left........ Including Espanyol he has only 7 wins from his last 44 games.

Massively overhyped

Well said. You've been posting this for the past 3 months

If this has any credibility at all.

Would be sorry to see him go. Like the way we play under him, just needs a little strengthening to really take off for me.

Cortese.... time to show your ambition lad... ;)

Luckily I haven't looked on the forum for a few days....and when I do have a quick look i see this complete shi**te circulating

Think I'll come back in a few weeks when the silly season is over and some sanity has been restored

Luckily I haven't looked on the forum for a few days....and when I do have a quick look i see this complete shi**te circulating

Think I'll come back in a few weeks when the silly season is over and some sanity has been restored

Why is it the forums fault that a journalist has put this on twitter and we are discussing it?

How do you know it's sh1te?

It's an actual rumour which may or may not to be true. It's quite relevant to our team though so worthy of discussion.

Hardly worthy of a sticky though.

If he's at Saints at the start of the season, but still doing interviews in Spanish, it will make me wonder if he is in it for the long haul. He will have been here for 7 months by then, surely long enough to be able to conduct interviews in English.

Pinocchio speaks fluent English but doesnt speak it to the media because he doesnt want his wise words to be twisted.

Wouldnt lose any sleep if he left........ Including Espanyol he has only 7 wins from his last 44 games.

Massively overhyped

He still has it to prove as far as I'm concerned, but was clinging to the hope that with some careful signings he would take us forward next season, playing exciting football (although matches v WBA, & Stoke do not inspire me, nor the results in the last six games or so).

More worrying is where NC might drum up a replacement (probably has Di Masturbateo on speed dial).

whats the link between Cortese and Di Matteio? Surely the don would have got him at xmas if he rated him that highly...

Also i imagine MP would find Benfica hard to turn down for saints, but he will look a bit of a hypocrit after the recent stuff about moving on together, the vision etc...

He still has it to prove as far as I'm concerned, but was clinging to the hope that with some careful signings he would take us forward next season, playing exciting football (although matches v WBA, & Stoke do not inspire me, nor the results in the last six games or so).

More worrying is where NC might drum up a replacement (probably has Di Masturbateo on speed dial).

Id take Di Matteo without any concerns, good manager imo. Amazed he's not been mentioned to strongly for Everton or Stoke

Thought the same. Hughes or Di Matteo' date=' I know who I'd pick... No idea how Hughes keeps getting employed again so quickly.[/quote']

He must have a good agent...... He's done very little to justify his "premier league manager status"

Wales = average

Blackburn = good

Man City = ok

Fulham = poor

QPR = awful

Must be good in interviews

He must have a good agent...... He's done very little to justify his "premier league manager status"

Wales = average

Blackburn = good

Man City = ok

Fulham = poor

QPR = awful

Must be good in interviews

Fulham = 8th.

whats the link between Cortese and Di Matteio? Surely the don would have got him at xmas if he rated him that highly...

Also i imagine MP would find Benfica hard to turn down for saints, but he will look a bit of a hypocrit after the recent stuff about moving on together, the vision etc...

Di Matteo turned us down twice, in the summer and in December.

Please dont post a link to The Echo as though it verifies the story. I guarantee The Echo first heard about the "story" when they were browsing on here.
If you'd read the thread you'd see that it is being reported in Spanish and Portugese papers and links to the articles have been posted.

If you'd read the thread you'd see that it is being reported in Spanish and Portugese papers and links to the articles have been posted.

It has been reported in one Spanish paper - the Portuguese papers simply referenced the one Spanish article.

Apparently Laudrup has been linked with Benfica as well, just because he went to one of their games and met the president afterwards. Yet Benfica have a coach in place and there aren't many rumours about him going anywhere. Malaga could be a destination for him I suppose but that's about the last place to be filled in the managers roundabout (top level of course) so far.

Mourinho to Chelsea, Ancelotti to Madrid,Leonardo takes over at Paris as long as he doesn't get a year's suspension for jostling a ref in the tunnel, circuit closed. Mazzari to Inter, Benitez to Naples circuit closed. Heynkes retires Guardiola comes back into the circuit, dead end,SAF retires Moyes replaces him and is replaced by Martinez who's side were relegated and there's no way he's going to coach in the NPC..circuit closed. Pellegrini to City ..someone needed at Malaga and that's about it but Mancini is still available and will be a candidate anywhere there's a top job available..

Of course you know this as you speak to him daily......

MP does speak English, he gave his early interviews in English when he was at PSG, not great but as they were translated anyway

they made sense to the French. He probably knows that the English tabloids are always on the lookout for faux-pas so preferred to work with an interpreter at first.

I don't doubt it's true that Benfica have offered him the job but that doesn't mean he'll go. I don't think he will.

perhaps it's just a manoeuvre to endear him to saints fans after saying he couldn't see much point in staying if Nicola was gone.

Managers buy into a project nowadays and if the project disappears they usually have other projects to consider. It's about being all you can be, which is no doubt why Gareth Bale is willing to consider a move to a "top club". It's something many fans don't seem to want to understand, players and managers want to win and attain the maximum level possible. Don't know if the employment market permits it much nowadays but I've changed jobs on occasions for a bit more prestige and a bit more status, most people would if they're in a position to do so.