Pochettino to Benfica?

JustMike

Even if they've made an offer, i doubt he'd accept it. No idea what they're able to offer that we can't, unless he is really caught up on CL football.

You probably answered your own question.

I doubt he will go now but if anything it shows the asset we have on our hands. Just the same way our players are linked away so will he be.

Completely different circumstances.

Agree but naive to think that just because a team has a Manager that they aren't talking to the Agent of another to see if they would potentially be interested.

As I said, would be shocked if he left, but Im sure he is and will be coveted.

Even if they've made an offer, i doubt he'd accept it. No idea what they're able to offer that we can't, unless he is really caught up on CL football.

Really? Think about that again without your Saints scarf cutting off the circulation to your brain.

I don't personally think he'll leave...this summer, but to not realise that Benfica is one of the biggest jobs available in European football and a massive temptation to any manager is just daft.

I know Benfica missed out on a treble, but they were almost unbeaten in the league and reached the finals of two cups where they were unlucky to loose both. Can't see how they would sack their current manager?

I thought he was under contract?

Won't stop them making an approach will it ?

How can they make him an offer the Don needs to give permission to speak to him first !

they already have a manager anyway, total bullsh*t.

I think there was a reference during the Chelsea v Benfica match last week , that their season had disintegrated and they were likely to end up with bugger all to show, so their manager is probably on thin ice if true.

Seems unlikely on all levels.

Can see how he would go there, one day. A great opportunity to win a league and do well either in the CL or win the Europa. Perfect stepping stone to the really big (rich) European clubs.

But can't see him going now.

why is he highly rated in your opinion? done very little in Spain and still has alot to prove here. this stinks of agent chat and nothing more

Probably wants something off Cortese and using the press and social media to strengthen his position. Good work MP.

I think there was a reference during the Chelsea v Benfica match last week , that their season had disintegrated and they were likely to end up with bugger all to show, so their manager is probably on thin ice if true.

They lost the title to Porto, the Europa League Final to Chelsea, and the Portuguese Cup Final to Vitoria Guimaraes in the space of 10 days. Not quite the treble they were after.

Probably wants something off Cortese and using the press and social media to strengthen his position. Good work MP.

And fantastic PR for Saints too, especially if it drags on for nearly a week and players start saying to the press they will go if he goes. That would be just brilliant.

It's just going to keep going down the line until eventually the Echo runs a story that the tea lady is considering leaving, planted by her because she wants a new tea trolley.

If true, maybe now some will take note of what I said earlier that Pochettino would walk and leave us in a right old sh*te. He's another Redknapp.That he'd be grabbed up by a Spanish club in the merry go round following Mourinho leaving Real Madrid. So many options with even Malaga still hunting for a coach. Benfica would be too big to turn down

If true, maybe now some will take note of what I said earlier that Pochettino would walk and leave us in a right old sh*te. He's another Redknapp.That he'd be grabbed up by a Spanish club in the merry go round following Mourinho leaving Real Madrid. So many options with even Malaga still hunting for a coach. Benfica would be too big to turn down

And if its not true...? Or it is, but he turns them down...?

There's a Spanish club coming in for him as well as a Portuguese one? Which one?