Leandro Damiao!

Lambert7

Some people on here crack me up. Damiao had probably never even heard of us until his agent advised him we had made a bid.

As for Napoli, they're one of the giants of European football with fanatical support and CL football to top it all off. Take your rosé tinted glasses off.

Never heard of us, it was Southampton that took football to brazil. Sir. Never heard of us. Phsss

Probably time we move on from this now. Napoli and Zenit into the race, means Southampton are out of the race.

I admire Cortese for his ambition in trying to get these huge names but I think we're going to need to somehow qualify for Europe before any of these targets like Damiao agree to come.

Excellent philosophy. Move on as soon as other clubs become interested in a player. You get loads of quality players that way :facepalm:

Probably time we move on from this now. Napoli and Zenit into the race, means Southampton are out of the race.

I admire Cortese for his ambition in trying to get these huge names but I think we're going to need to somehow qualify for Europe before any of these targets like Damiao agree to come.

Any mug can declare their interest in a player. Delivering players of this calibre are another thing though...

I'm tired of holding my breath.

Are we getting this guy or not?

You're on the wrong website - this is for petty point scoring, ego boosting, pedant exercises and minor titilation (alright I admit there is the occasional piece of humour gold maybe once or twice a season)

- and very occasionally footy information.... but its not encouraged

Napoli are seemingly more interested in Dzeko and Gomez. Reckon he will wait it out and see what happens. I reckon it will drag out. Should we pursue other targets?

I imagine we must be his last choice, surely? If someone with a serous offer and CL football comes along, there's no chance he will turn it down. Considering his ability, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that did happen.

I imagine we must be his last choice, surely? If someone with a serous offer and CL football comes along, there's no chance he will turn it down. Considering his ability, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that did happen.

He would probably prefer Napoli, but do they really want him. Financially, Saints would be a good move for him, it depends on whether Cortese can sell him the vision. Hopefully the club are pursuing other targets if this deal doesn't work out.

5,6 years ago Spurs began their major investment in players to move from the ever age team they were to the top 5 they are now and getting better. I recall that they let it known that they were after all these top players and willing to spend but it actually took them a while before anyone of real note signed up. I see a similarity here with us. Of course Spurs have a better pedigree than us so it will be a little tougher to convince many players to come but I love the fact that the intention and ambition is so clearly there. We may not get Damieo or Wanyama (although I think we will!!) and if so there are many many other options in the world so I am confident that regardless of how long we take to sign these great improvements we will certainly do it.

5,6 years ago Spurs began their major investment in players to move from the ever age team they were to the top 5 they are now and getting better. I recall that they let it known that they were after all these top players and willing to spend but it actually took them a while before anyone of real note signed up. I see a similarity here with us. Of course Spurs have a better pedigree than us so it will be a little tougher to convince many players to come but I love the fact that the intention and ambition is so clearly there. We may not get Damieo or Wanyama (although I think we will!!) and if so there are many many other options in the world so I am confident that regardless of how long we take to sign these great improvements we will certainly do it.

Spurs are a massive club, well known all over the world and with a decent enough history in Europe. It will take us a long time just to reach the level they were at 5 years ago.

If I were Damiao, I would be asking for clauses that will release him should a "top club" come in for him, or a 12 months get out clause so although he would sign for 3/4/5 years there is a get out clause for him.

As long as Saints put the right figures for these clauses I would would have thought that Damiao would have preferred the Prem over a broken Italian league?

If I were Damiao, I would be asking for clauses that will release him should a "top club" come in for him, or a 12 months get out clause so although he would sign for 3/4/5 years there is a get out clause for him.

As long as Saints put the right figures for these clauses I would would have thought that Damiao would have preferred the Prem over a broken Italian league?

I understood from the Ramirez saga that he has got a similar clause in his deal. If we got relegated his "trigger" for transfer talks would be whatever we paid for him- no more.

I'd imagine that in lieu of trophies on the shelf and historical prestige and instant European football NC can only offer EPL football, big wages, big ambition and the get out of jail free card of a contract that allows easy escape if we fail to acheive defined targets or if a "bigger" club comes knocking at a reasonable sell on fee. Benefits both parties. We don't have much choice tbh with the big name players but to make it a comfy contract.

Spurs are a massive club, well known all over the world and with a decent enough history in Europe. It will take us a long time just to reach the level they were at 5 years ago.

But they only get crowds 4k more than us and we are on the up. They were bottom of the premier league not so long ago, we have a much bigger catchment area than them!

What is the situation with the investigation into Italian football (including Napoli) for tax evasion and money laundering? And what is the likely outcome? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/top-italian-football-clubs-raided-by-finance-police-investigating-taxdodging-and-money-laundering-8672744.html

I can see CL/EUFA Cup disqualification, but maybe not for next season. They have relegated clubs before, but would they relegate so many?

Players don't care about history. As much as they like to trot out the, "this is a great club with great fans and a great history," line whenever they sign for a new club, all they actually care about is money and how likely they are to be competing towards the top of the table for a Champions League spot. That is the advantage Spurs have on us at the moment, they are more likely to get into the top 4 next year with our current squads. On the other hand, they didn't make the CL places this year and have a larger wage bill to service. As a result they might have less money to spend on new signings, possibly handing us an advantage.

Realistically what we have to offer a player currently is an opportunity to the play in the Premier League and decent money, more than you will get from mid table/upper mid table clubs in the rest of Europe's top leagues.

We also have more available cash than a lot of teams, so selling clubs are more willing to agree to our deals.

Against Napoli we don't really hold many advantages bar the Premier League being a bigger pull than Serie A these days. They are a bigger club, have more fans, have Champions League football to offer and will have a pot of cash to spend from the Cavani sale.

We might be able to financially bully say an Inter or a Valencia out of the running for a player but not Napoli.

But they only get crowds 4k more than us and we are on the up. They were bottom of the premier league not so long ago, we have a much bigger catchment area than them!

Geographically maybe but Spurs have a bit of inner London + a large chunk of outer North London + Hertfordshire, bits of Essex and counties further north.

If they can overtake Arsenal they are potentially bigger in terms of fan base IMO.

Tancredi Palmeri @ tancredipalmeri5m

Real Madrid's Callejon's agent Confirming That only FEW details missing for His move to Napoli

Does this clear the way for us regarding Damiao

Wouldn't have thought so. Callejon more of a wide forward.

Yup- a wide forward/midfielder and he has played for MP when he was at Espanyol. If we really wanted this kind of player he has got all the credentials of a possible signing ....Dam is a striker- different unfortunately - Napoli will still need to replace Cavani- the likes of Callejon will as likely add assists to the new guy as score himself..

damiao-ifa.JPG&w=250&zc=1&a=t

€20 million isn't much for a three legged bomber, although I'm a bit worried about him infringing on Gareth Bale's trademark.

Doors open out to the 'Internacional of Porto Alegre, which by July 20, the closing date of the transfer window Brazilian Leandro Damiao could lose. The striker, finished in the sights of Naples, also like to Zenit St. Petersburg. A real duel market between the two clubs, which will soon send their proposals to the Brazilian club: the Russians put on the plate € 20 million, Napoli instead of € 18 million. Despite the lower bid, the club Naples has more chance of buying the attacker, since Damiao does not intend to move to Russia. We can not exclude, however, the onslaught of Southampton, ready to offer € 20 million in the week.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.calcionews24.com/napoli-dall-internacional-damiao-potrebbe-andar-via-328876.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddamiao%26lr%3D%26cr%3DcountryIT%26sa%3DX%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1680%26bih%3D899%26tbs%3Dctr:countryIT,qdr:h

damiao-ifa.JPG&w=250&zc=1&a=t

€20 million isn't much for a three legged bomber, although I'm a bit worried about him infringing on Gareth Bale's trademark.

Doors open out to the 'Internacional of Porto Alegre, which by July 20, the closing date of the transfer window Brazilian Leandro Damiao could lose. The striker, finished in the sights of Naples, also like to Zenit St. Petersburg. A real duel market between the two clubs, which will soon send their proposals to the Brazilian club: the Russians put on the plate € 20 million, Napoli instead of € 18 million. Despite the lower bid, the club Naples has more chance of buying the attacker, since Damiao does not intend to move to Russia. We can not exclude, however, the onslaught of Southampton, ready to offer € 20 million in the week.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.calcionews24.com/napoli-dall-internacional-damiao-potrebbe-andar-via-328876.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddamiao%26lr%3D%26cr%3DcountryIT%26sa%3DX%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1680%26bih%3D899%26tbs%3Dctr:countryIT,qdr:h

That makes it sound like Napoli are out in front ATM because we have yet to make a bid for him and that our bid should be higher than Napoli's. At least this saga won't drag on too long if his club want it sorted one way or another by the time their transfer window shuts in 12 days.

If Spurs want to break the top 4 they will have to sign 2 class strikers,Adebayor is tosh,if they were expecting a 31yo David Villa to bag them tons of goals they are crazy

I think they want rid of Adebayor before they buy another striker because of his massive wages. Good luck with that, can't see him attracting the sort of clubs that could afford to give him the money he'd want.

Edited by Bewildered

Interesting link from a napoli fansite that has reported that Former Napoli coach Gianni Di Marzio (who's son is Sky Italy's top reporter Gianluca Di Marzio) called into a radio show in Italy to talk about Damiao situation. He thinks Damiao will end up in England.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.canalenapoli.it/news/gianni-di-marzio-leandro-damiao-andra-in-inghilterra-mentre-spero-che-j-cesar-arrivi-al-napoli-76479&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dleandro%2Bdamiao%26safe%3Dactive%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3D0zZ%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D606%26tbs%3Dqdr:h

The former Napoli coach, Gianni Di Marzio has intervened during the live radio broadcast "Radio Goal", and expressed their opinion on Leandro Damiao, possible purchase of the club in attack blue, and Julio Cesar, who, in recent days, has been linked to Napoli.

DAMIAO LEANDRO - "It 'a very physical player, technically very good. It is an eternal promise not yet exploded completely. In recent years, is marking with a good continuity, but do not forget that the goal in Brazil have a different value. I think that the player will go to England, and frankly, we expect something more from the president. "

JULIO CESAR - "I've never been interested in the sales of QPR, but I hope that the goalkeeper can get to Naples, because it is in the full maturity of his football."

Edited by Bewildered

Interesting link from a napoli fansite that has reported that Former Napoli coach Gianni Di Marzio (who's son is Sky Italy's top reporter Gianluca Di Marzio) called into a radio show in Italy to talk about Damiao situation. He thinks Damiao will end up in England.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.canalenapoli.it/news/gianni-di-marzio-leandro-damiao-andra-in-inghilterra-mentre-spero-che-j-cesar-arrivi-al-napoli-76479&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dleandro%2Bdamiao%26safe%3Dactive%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3D0zZ%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D606%26tbs%3Dqdr:h

Is he essentially saying there that if they sell Cavani then the fans would expect a bigger name replacement than Damiao?

Is he essentially saying there that if they sell Cavani then the fans would expect a bigger name replacement than Damiao?

That´s how I read it too. And sounds ery likely, they have high demands down there and are probably expecting a BIG name.

I expect a big name for £20m. Not "an eternal promise not yet fulfilled. In recent years has been scoring regularly but don't forget that in Brazil goals have a different value (easier to come by than Italy)....... we expect something more from the president".

As they should be when they're selling one of the most expensive players of all time!

Agree. Hard to find suiting names now though.

Yilmas, Soldado, maybe Jovetic...

Fiorentina has quite some strikers now, maybe we should go for Rossi....

Agree. Hard to find suiting names now though.

Yilmas, Soldado, maybe Jovetic...

Fiorentina has quite some strikers now, maybe we should go for Rossi....

If he could sort his fitness out, he'd probably be a good signing. Although he isn't the type of forward we seem to be after