Leandro Damiao!

Lambert7

I'm fully aware he said if. But my question was why he used that figure.

Pochettino has already confirmed the players he is interested it, and that indicates the remaining budget is in excess of £30m.

Why feckin not mate? Jeezus Christ, why do you constantly have to keep picking people up on every post?

Some feckin oddballs on this forum.

If we have a remaining transfer budget of £30m and blow £25m on this guy, is he still a fantastic signing?

IF he scores 30 goals so yes he would be seen as a fantastic signing.

(just a point that the "ifs" is the wrong way to discuss things IMO)

MLG, you seem to be trying to reduce things down to black and white, when clearly our transfer activity is anything but. MP has confirmed we have looked at some players. Our budget may well be variable, and it could be that we were looking at a couple of £4m players to join Damiao, to match a £30m budget, or we might have lots more than that. Then there are the instalment and bonus packages to consider which aren't part of the initial fee, not to mention the fact that the budget may only be for those initial fees, or it may be a budget for all the fees and future payments.

Bottom line is, we haven't got a feckin' clue, so trying to pick people up on tiny details of what is clearly quite a fairly general discussion where no one can actually confirm actual figures, is a bit pointless IMO.

IF he scores 30 goals so yes he would be seen as a fantastic signing.

(just a point that the "ifs" is the wrong way to discuss things IMO)

If we improve and win a lot more games and he scores 6 I really don't mind, sum of parts and all that, look at Bayern.

Team result is more important than individual goals.

MLG, you seem to be trying to reduce things down to black and white, when clearly our transfer activity is anything but. MP has confirmed we have looked at some players. Our budget may well be variable, and it could be that we were looking at a couple of £4m players to join Damiao, to match a £30m budget, or we might have lots more than that. Then there are the instalment and bonus packages to consider which aren't part of the initial fee, not to mention the fact that the budget may only be for those initial fees, or it may be a budget for all the fees and future payments.

Bottom line is, we haven't got a feckin' clue, so trying to pick people up on tiny details of what is clearly quite a fairly general discussion where no one can actually confirm actual figures, is a bit pointless IMO.

This but applied to transfers, commercials et al. Its fun to speculate but not wise to build a business case on incomplete evidence.

If we improve and win a lot more games and he scores 6 I really don't mind, sum of parts and all that, look at Bayern.

Team result is more important than individual goals.

I agree. And that´s what Ramirez gave us this last season, but that didn´t help his reviews amongst a lot of people on this board though.

(Not that their opinion are important but still)

Just wanted to make the point of using "ifs" in discussions really.

This but applied to transfers, commercials et al. Its fun to speculate but not wise to build a business case on incomplete evidence.

I don't get the 30 million malarky, did that come from the mirror? Its obvious no one knows what our budget is and if anything its higher than 30 given the confirmed links we have.

Why in gods name would a football club leak its transfer budget amount, that would be totally idiotic.

Game on. The Don is in town...

tancredipalmeri: Southampton met today Leandro Damiao's agent. Negotiations ongoing, but according to Sky Italy later in the day Napoli trying to hijack deal

As Middlesborough tried with Rickie back in the day.

Hands off Rafa.

Napoli are a pretty impressive club, and probably the richest Italian club at the moment (although that's not saying a great deal!).

Although I'd personally say that the Premier League as a whole will offer more of a pull than Serie A. It's not the league it once was, full of match fixing, drag sandals and the big clubs running out of money.

These articles are so similar to last year, just replace Damiao with Rameriz and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Reckon we've pulled out all the stops to get him. and NC's record on getting ''big'' signings (in our respective leagues) over the line is pretty good to say the least.

Napoli are a pretty impressive club, and probably the richest Italian club at the moment (although that's not saying a great deal!).

Although I'd personally say that the Premier League as a whole will offer more of a pull than Serie A. It's not the league it once was, full of match fixing, drag sandals and the big clubs running out of money.

Not sure what that has to do with football?

Napoli's first choice is Dzeko anyway which is a real possibility with City close to signing Osvaldo and they also want either Negredo or Cardozo.

Not much competition in reality as it stands.

Even if they sign two of those players, they'll only have three strikers if Dzeko goes. Any title challenging side needs four realistically, so I imagine Dzeko will stay.

http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/napoli-damiao-piu-di-dzeko-per-il-dopo-cavani-la-situazione/

translation:

Not only Stevan Jovetic. The Naples today made an attempt to understand the situation, the situation of Edin Dzeko. It is currently not on the market, and this is a cold shower if frozen for Napoli. The City is looking for one or two alternates, they can not sell it even if they are treating Daniel Osvaldo. The alternative to Dzeko is Leandro Damiao. Today there were new contacts to arrange meetings in the coming hours. The agent of the Brazilian was about to close with Southampthon but the inclusion of Naples has held the whole. The most difficult tracks Jovetic, Gomez and Lewandowski.

Looks like Napoli have been told Dzeko is not for sale so have moved on to Damiao, however they are also trying to get Gomez & Lewandowski so perhaps he is still far from their first choice.

I know which source I'd believe -not necessarily because I don't believe the Mirror but because the Itai press have got their finger on the pulse. You'd expect them to be better informed about developments in their own country.

Saints News & Talk ‏@SaintsFCFans 4m

@tancredipalmeri surely not Damiao and Gomez? Damiao a back up?

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 3m

.@SaintsFCFans you know, clubs play on different tables when they are not particularly outbidding the competitors

Saints News & Talk ‏@SaintsFCFans 4m

@tancredipalmeri surely not Damiao and Gomez? Damiao a back up?

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 3m

.@SaintsFCFans you know, clubs play on different tables when they are not particularly outbidding the competitors

What does that mean?