Leandro Damiao!

Lambert7

A striker from Barca is like a second hand car from an old lady, sparingly used. Will need a thorough MOT though,

Edited by Window Cleaner

Plausible. Fast forward thirteen or so months and that player could be lifting the Jules Rimet trophy on tv

At the risk of sounding like mlg, it's not plausible as the jules rimet trophy hasn't been used for over 40 years. The rest is pretty implausible too, but to quote another of our implausible signings, "I'd love it"

There are third party ownership issues with him - who knows whether they will be a stumbling block.

Are the third party owners a different club or some kia joorbichan like agent? if it's the latter, agent fee may not be as much of an issue as they would get a chunk of the transfer fee.

Are the third party owners a different club or some kia joorbichan like agent? if it's the latter, agent fee may not be as much of an issue as they would get a chunk of the transfer fee.

Supposedly Atletico Ibirama, his previous club, own 30%.

I have had a few thoughts, for his potential, his immediate ability and possibility of moving I think that Damiao is a v good signing.

You could get Negredo, Bony cheaper, whats Llorente doing these days ?

Llorente's gone to Juventus and it looks like Negredo's going to City. Bony looks a very good alternative.

Not too sure but Brazil have been pretty good at identifying talent before and 17 caps already at 23 is pretty decent. So if we are paying 6million more than Andy Carroll for striker 3 years younger who is a mobile striker with international pedigree with the most successful international side in world cup history I am ready to buy into it.

What we would not need is his every minute of every game being over analysed (getting used to a new league) a la Gaston to determine if we have had value for money based on a value his club have pre determined, value for money is arbitrary and hard to determine from the outside looking in. As someone else pointed out on a thread if 2 other world class players sign because of him signing would that go into his value to us ? I would think so.

Residual value would not depreciate too much if unsuccessful i believe, its just about understanding if the product you buy is right for your market.

Not too sure but Brazil have been pretty good at identifying talent before and 17 caps already at 23 is pretty decent. So if we are paying 6million more than Andy Carroll for striker 3 years younger who is a mobile striker with international pedigree with the most successful international side in world cup history I am ready to buy into it.

What we would not need is his every minute of every game being over analysed (getting used to a new league) a la Gaston to determine if we have had value for money based on a value his club have pre determined, value for money is arbitrary and hard to determine from the outside looking in. As someone else pointed out on a thread if 2 other world class players sign because of him signing would that go into his value to us ? I would think so.

Residual value would not depreciate too much if unsuccessful i believe, its just about understanding if the product you buy is right for your market.

Good post.

or £15m less than Andy Carroll of course.

Careful, did you not realise that you are not allowed to put sensible things on here. It confuses people. (I agree with you by the way)

I the we are too quick to over analyse.

MOPO said in his press conference today that he was looking to bring in 2/3 more players, He wanted a CM, he mentioned the Wayama deal was possible, however Bangea is also an option. He also wanted a Striker and admitted Leandro Damiao was a player "on his radar". He didn't mention a third but it was presumably a LB or a winger. If we were to sign Damiao it would be a big statement to the footballing world and maybe make our top 4 aspirations slightly more believable but still a long shot.

Presumably He would partner SRL with J-Rod on the bench, which would make sense for us to sell Barnard and either Sharp or Lee to fund the deal. But still at 20-25 million he is still overpriced by about 5 million, for that kind of money we could bring in 2 V.good footballers plus one decent player and still have cash to spend. With all due respect to him RVP went for £26 million and although the circumstances were different he isn't a 26 goal a season player.

if I had 25 Million pounds for 1 player I'd spend on someone like Rodrigo Palacio who can score from both feet plus his head and come on from the bench and hit the back of the net. He scored three hat tricks last term and is one of the most under rated players in europe. I'd bet my bottom dollar we could sign him for no more than 20 million quid.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 1m

Stay tuned here, but also don't miss me live at 1.30am @talkSPORT @tsExtraTime : Cavani, Mancini and Leandro Damiao on the menu

tancredi palmeri is going to talk about damiao on talksport later on tonight.

my housemate at uni lives in Brazil in the holidays. Apparently we bid £17m euros, they want £25m euros and his agent has admitted to being in talks with an english which arent spurs! all this after he nearly spat coffee all over his laptop on saturday when i told him.

So you were telling him - not the other way around?

So just how good is this guy, I know nothing about him, in fact I'd never even heard of him before now.

Obviously must try harder.

Very.

Close to be a starter in Brazil, probably would´ve been in Confed if he hadn´t got injured.

Mixed reviews of his last season in Brazil though but had some trouble with injuries.

So just how good is this guy, I know nothing about him, in fact I'd never even heard of him before now.

Obviously must try harder.

He is going to cost £20 million and is the current number 9 for Brazil...... Does that give you a rough idea?

He is going to cost £20 million and is the current number 9 for Brazil...... Does that give you a rough idea?

Impressive then, but is a better than Rodriguez or Barnard ?

Very.

Close to be a starter in Brazil, probably would´ve been in Confed if he hadn´t got injured.

Mixed reviews of his last season in Brazil though but had some trouble with injuries.

And gets injured a lot ? That's what we like. Injured a lot, and 10 years younger than Connolly.

Sounds perfect.

But won't happen, not ITK , just my view.

Would be very important signal to the big (complacent) clubs that we mean business. May also attract other high quality signings, so that fee could be seen in that light as being worthwhile.

Would be very important signal to the big (complacent) clubs that we mean business. May also attract other high quality signings, so that fee could be seen in that light as being worthwhile.

And then after about 3 months you'll forget you ever said this and bang on about what a waste of money he is ad infinitum

And then after about 3 months you'll forget you ever said this and bang on about what a waste of money he is ad infinitum

I'll start us off

"5 goals in 13 games, I expected a bit mor for £20m......."

What I like to call the Robinho effect. People couldn't believe it when he joined City, but it only takes one or two to join before other big-name players sit up and take notice when an offer is made.

I accept that we may have to potentially pay a little over the odds initially as Cortese looks to lift the profile of the club, but that's to be expected in my opinion.

Signing someone of Damiao's calibre would be a huge statement of intent. Exciting times!

Not sure whether this has been posted previously, but the following translation gives a (tiny) bit of insight into the ongoing Wyscout meeting in Barcelona, for which both Saints and Internacional have representatives present. Doesn't mention Saints but suggests that Internacional are actively fielding interest in Damiao. Bad news is with the sales of Fred and Rodrigo Moledo (total of 20m euros) they aren't under any pressure to sell:

Jorge Macedo Junior, head of the lower divisions of the Internacional de Porto Alegre, is the Brazilian club representative in the Forum of Barcelona Wyscout. As an authoritative voice on the gaucho club market, spoke exclusively to TMW on current names: Leandro Damiao, Júlio Baptista and Saviola: "When selling to Fred and Rodrigo Moledo Shakhtar Metalist International has balanced the financial situation and we are awaiting the best deal by Leandro Damiao. There have been many surveys and is president Giovanni Luigi, who maintains all talks. "

Is Napoli has asked Damiao?

"I am not aware, the reference that I have is that on the last day of last trading session Tottenham submitted a bid that did not accept International"

http://www.todomercadoweb.es/mercado-futbolistico/exclusiva-tmw-wyscout-jorge-macedo-internacional-no-habra-acuerdo-por-baptista-por-damiao-solo-interes-del-tottenham-49768

Tancredi palmeri was just on talksport, unfortunately he waffled on about Cavani to PSG then ran out of time before he could get to Damiao

Some guy on TV here was waffling on about the weather, you can imagine my frustration when he, too, never mentioned Damiano!

Bit of late night reading of the South American newspapers - Jorge Machado, the lads agent has already sent a representative ( most probably Gilmar Velozto) to Southampton find out all about the area, club etc a few weeks ago , Spurs deal is off because Damiao's club did not agree with the installment plan offered by Spurs. Main interest for the player now is a move to Southampton, agent has said if financial requirement is met by the striker, Inter must accept the output. One of the problems is Athletic Morrow, Santa Catarina, who still owns 30% Damian rights, what will be their slice as £20m is what the player would cost up front.

Agent is a great character when you read about him , Jorge Machado currently spend 300k a month supporting young players who have potential, tough negotiator in his interview as he says If the player wanted a salary of £ 5000, I asked for £ 15,000 for the club officer. In the end, we agree for £ 12,000, and the player, jumping for joy,

Always good to get a different read I guess - so much more detail in South American papers , all depends how good you translating is - DO not rely on Google translate its utter ******