#saintsfc on the seats at SMS

KelvinsRightGlove

Have you ever tried making an @ out of seats? ;)

That's purely your opinion due to not being a twitter user. I know many people for whom following the #saintsfc hashtag is the first (and for some, only) source of keeping up to date with Saints news - before here (possibly why so many past posters have deserted this site), the OS , Echo or anywhere else. And it's certainly the quickest and most comprehensive way of keeping up on match days (apart from turning up at the stadium).

I'm on twitter. I just think 99% of it is a waste of time, including at least 90% of the things I follow. And there's still no reason why saints would promote a hashtag ahead of their own feed when it'll be full of slander and Skate-started rubbish.

I'm also not sure how having a hashtag which is not visible even to people who are in the ground is of benefit to anyone. People will either already know about it or they won't know from Saints doing this.

This is just "up your own arse" amateur PR.

I couldn't give a damn that they have decided to put a hashtag on some seats - neither here nor there for me.

The fact that Jordan Sibley thinks this is a significant and interesting PR move is as laughable as it is pathetic. He's even presenting it as some major breakthrough in comms.

Get a new comms director. And fast.

No biggie, but Sibley is basically a low grade, keen amateur. We need a comms person with genuine experience on c £100K per annum, not a plucky, spikey haired, wannabe late 20s keen kid. That might have been okay in League One. Not now.

Edited by SaintBobby

I hate social media, but this? Why would I care? It's nothing to worry about and Saints job is to promote themselves.

No problem.

Basically agree.

If Cortese wants to arrange the seats to say "I love Switzerland a little bit, guv" then he can do that too.

The issue is that this shows how naff and useless the comms team are.

Basically harmless, but also deeply low grade.

This is just "up your own arse" amateur PR.

I couldn't give a damn that they have decided to put a hashtag on some seats - neither here nor there for me.

The fact that Jordan Sibley thinks this is a significant and interesting PR move is as laughable as it is pathetic. He's even presenting it as some major breakthrough in comms.

Get a new comms director. And fast.

No biggie, but Sibley is basically a low grade, keen amateur. We need a comms person with genuine experience on c £100K per annum, not a plucky, spikey haired, wannabe late 20s keen kid. That might have been okay in League One. Not now.

So what do you suggest then smart arse?

The club are trying to come in to the modern era with technology being a the heart of every commerce. Now we are in the Prem why is it no longer any good?

So what do you suggest then smart arse?

The club are trying to come in to the modern era with technology being a the heart of every commerce. Now we are in the Prem why is it no longer any good?

I think he suggested something.

The two most embarrassing things about this is the 'outrage' from the 'tradionalists' about 30 odd seats that no one will see on match day having a white hash tag on them. And at the other end of the spectrum the backslapping and celebration by some that having a hash tag on about 30 seats that no one will see on a match day is some genius piece of PR and marketing.

Liverpool, man City, Chelsea and Everton are providing fans with free WIFI where they can advertise on people's mobiles, we have a hash tag on a seat that you can only see when the ground is empty. The Southampton way- LOL

Only the club can measure wether it was a good idea to do this, I'm sure that will even and a hard job. It cost next to nothing to change these seats.

By doing this everyone will take note and there's a good chance that a lot of you will look up that hash tag. For the people who don't use twitter and are saints fan, then there's a good chance that this will be one of the first things they look at.

If you haven't look at saints on twitter yet, then do. We have an excellent pr team. As for him not being on 100k a year, I'm pretty sure he will be.

Twitter is the easiest way to get news out to supporters instantly. No uploading onto the website or waiting for reporters.

Did you see all of the videos from pre season training? They were up straight away.

There was a club in the morning session of shaw and clyne? Both going in for a challenge. It was uploaded straight away asking the fans wether or not they thought it was a foul. This is great pr and interacting with our younger fans with the technology they expect and are used to in every day life's. Not like back in the day when phones weren't needed. It even had both the players replying to fans and having a laugh.

The club is investing on marketing departments. I saw they were advertising for more members soon. I personally think this is great, they've looked at the bigger picture and the plan of how to bring the supports, players and whole club together instead selling then for a nominal amount to a company. Maybe they should have put aap3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The two most embarrassing things about this is the 'outrage' from the 'tradionalists' about 30 odd seats that no one will see on match day having a white hash tag on them. And at the other end of the spectrum the backslapping and celebration by some that having a hash tag on about 30 seats that no one will see on a match day is some genius piece of PR and marketing.

Liverpool, man City, Chelsea and Everton are providing fans with free WIFI where they can advertise on people's mobiles, we have a hash tag on a seat that you can only see when the ground is empty. The Southampton way- LOL

and the 3rd, someone who has to be contrary continually to be perceived as a cool cat. :)

Totally indifferent to this, just a bit of 'headw^nk' in the media/PR dept to keep them going.

Simple fact is, that at the most important part of the week, when matches are played, the # will have a few arses parked on it and won't be visible.

But nothing to get worked up about . just leave the shirt traditional, and they can have all the hashtags they want plastered almost anywhere they want, including Sibley's bellend if he so desires.

#loadofb0ll0cks!

People getting all upset about a # at the stadium. Really need to get a life, SFC are at the forefront of modern media dealings. Every club will soon be trying to catch up and wishing they were the first to do this. As for those moaning about no signal or wifi. It's a ****ing football stadium. Just go there and watch the game that's what every sane fan does.

People getting all upset about a # at the stadium. Really need to get a life, SFC are at the forefront of modern media dealings. Every club will soon be trying to catch up and wishing they were the first to do this. As for those moaning about no signal or wifi. It's a ****ing football stadium. Just go there and watch the game that's what every sane fan does.

how are you meant to be logged onto here posting on the Saints v xxxxxx match thread whilst at the game if the club dont sort out the WIFI? I'm going to send a strongly worded email to Mr Cortese. Its ruining my matchday experience!!

Couldn't agree more Chris. Maybe the first British football stadium but certainly not the first sports stadium in the world to have this. What it has done has increased people talking about the club and traffic through #saintsfc going into meltdown. Wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of deal with twitter materialising whereby advertising will appear on the hashtag and the club raking in a nice little earner.

mate you really think this is meltdown traffic for Twitter? Completely irrelevant and you think this could be a nice little earner is very surprisng. No one is talking about this non-story other than scores of people on a forum. Pretty insignificant really.

And what is embarrassing is this fella calling it 'seatgate'. Metro is garbage anyway and a blogger saying 'fans getting in a flap' is incredible. Looking at forum and saying that is reaction of fans is laughable and a sign of how the standards of journalism have fallen.

This hash thingey? Is it the same as the ones you get on phones. The thing you're supposed to press after you've cocked up your 16 figure code that you've just entered and just before your birth date when making a "quick" enquiry about the outstanding balance on your credit card.

If so what's that all about then? I need to know if it's something worth having a moan about.

People need to actually worry about things that matter rather than the some seat colours. God your lives must be really dull.

And how dull must the lives be of the people worrying about telling other people what to worry about?

And so on.