Barnsley 1 Saints 5

Lighthouse

Type Barnsley vs Southampton into Google and there are pages of live streaming but doubt any work. Only the one I posted seems to link up correctly but will they work we shall only know at the time. Radio commentaries are free for Carling and FA Cup games.

Thank you, Art.

Quite surprised to see Fonte being put in there; and especially no Hooiveld in the squad. The latter leads to the former, I guess. And echo the Guly comments; most odd. I did notice that on Saturday he was sat outside the players' box fiddling with his phone for most of the game and looking disinterested. Understandable really.

A decent line-up though, and hopefully the young-uns can get a decent run out. Might also be an opportunity to try Rodrigues in a slightly different and more central role than he gets in the first team.

I think JRod will play his usual position on the left of the three. I expect Mayuka will be up front, Isgrove right and Gaston in his number 10 role.

Decent starting 11, nothing much on the bench. JWP a good option, obviously, and maybe Rowe will be given some game time.

My word it's been bloody AGES since I've sat at the laptop wondering whether my Saints player is up to date.

Still, after a run to the Hole in the Wall last week I am Soooooooo spoiled for choice tonight.

Old Thumper? London Pride? Pedigree?

Or maybe an OSH?

Hmm decisions decisions

A few selection dilemnas, don't want to overplay the youngsters, so no chambers, shaw or ward-prowse; don't want to risk injuries, so shaw (again) and spider would sit out as they came off on Saturday? And maybe Clyne still isn't fully fit; want to give confidence to forwards, but don't want to tire out next weekends side. I think lallana, lambert and osvaldo will play Saturday so I'd rest them. Can't see an issue with tiredness amongst the keeper and centre backs, but want to give maya some game time. With that in mind I'd go for boruc, maya, hooiveld, Fonte, fox, Davis, cork, mayuka, Ramirez, isgrove, j rod. I'd have Clyne, wanyama, osvaldo and lallana on the bench. And gazzaniga, lambert and maybe targett.

Ok, so keeper and one defender wrong, but the rest of the starting team was spot on :) surprised there isn't more experience on the bench as an insurance policy but should be enough, and no guly anywhere? Coys

I think JRod will play his usual position on the left of the three. I expect Mayuka will be up front, Isgrove right and Gaston in his number 10 role.

I think you're right; which IMO doesn't really bode all that well for JRod, its a little bit of a demotion of sorts. Few other options though, I suppose (especially with the departure of Puncheon).

My word it's been bloody AGES since I've sat at the laptop wondering whether my Saints player is up to date.

Still, after a run to the Hole in the Wall last week I am Soooooooo spoiled for choice tonight.

Old Thumper? London Pride? Pedigree?

Or maybe an OSH?

Hmm decisions decisions

Decisions my arse.....One of each pee, and repeat (Many more pees needed as the game progresses)

I think you're right; which IMO doesn't really bode all that well for JRod, its a little bit of a demotion of sorts. Few other options though, I suppose (especially with the departure of Puncheon).

Thinking about it, maybe JRod and Mayuka will inter-change throughout the match?

Same here!! London Pride my choice of refreshment.

Do we still do Nuns, Woots and Muffins on matchday?

Great to hear Dave Merrington sounding up for it.

OOOOOOhhhh Gastyon Ramirez ...... COY Blacks

A case of great minds?

Nah it was on promotion COYS now to find the old Saintsplayer bookmark