Morgan Schneiderlin

Leicestersaint

I remember watching him play for Strasbourg b when I was on holiday in France 7 years ago. He was amazing, scored 2, set up another one, ran the game and the best passer and tackler I'd see since Steve Williams. I posted it on here on the HCDAJFU thread that season and everyone laughed and said what a mistake it would be to sign him. I also emailed 'tellrupert@saints.co.uk to advise him of what I'd seen and had been told by my mate who watches a lot of French football and knew a coach at Strasbourg that he was available for a bargain of around £1m and would definitely be a premier league star worth £15m or more in a few years. I'm glad the club listened to me and not the mongboard skeptics. WTFISN.

But you also recommended Calum Davenport to Twitchy. #fiftypencehead

I heard Pulis on 5Live yesterday commenting that Scheiderlin ( & Lallana to be fair) had been simply outstanding and had never stopped running, Schneiderlin was the "complete midfield player". A spot on summary.

I think many felt MS always had the potential to play on the big stage, but like many players before him you wondered if his own temperament and confidence might be his undoing. Most certainly not, he has grown into the role, season by season. Remember NA saying he would be one of the best midfield players in the Premiership whilst we were in the Championship.

In my book, Morgan should be the captain rather than AL, as he has the "drive" about him to become a Case or Williams type of leader on the pitch (still not in the Alan Ball class but that could still come with maturity and experience.).

It does however remain a bit of a mystery how we afforded him at a time we were stony broke, just hope Rupert didn't tie up a deal with Strasbourg to pay them 133% of whatever we receive for him in any future transfer, and take some hapless GK from them in the process.

I heard Pulis on 5Live yesterday commenting that Scheiderlin ( & Lallana to be fair) had been simply outstanding and had never stopped running, Schneiderlin was the "complete midfield player". A spot on summary.

I think many felt MS always had the potential to play on the big stage, but like many players before him you wondered if his own temperament and confidence might be his undoing. Most certainly not, he has grown into the role, season by season. Remember NA saying he would be one of the best midfield players in the Premiership whilst we were in the Championship.

In my book, Morgan should be the captain rather than AL, as he has the "drive" about him to become a Case or Williams type of leader on the pitch (still not in the Alan Ball class but that could still come with maturity and experience.).

It does however remain a bit of a mystery how we afforded him at a time we were stony broke, just hope Rupert didn't tie up a deal with Strasbourg to pay them 133% of whatever we receive for him in any future transfer, and take some hapless GK from them in the process.

Strasbourg have gone broke twice since then , the old set-up no longer exsts and any past agreements are probably nul and void.

Find evidence? WTF is this CSI St Mary's? How's about you find evidence that I'm not correct or how's about I don't give a fat rat's arse about what you think?

It just doesn't work that way. If you make a claim, then it is up to you to back it up with evidence. Unless, of course you are the Vatican.

I remember watching him play for Strasbourg b when I was on holiday in France 7 years ago. He was amazing, scored 2, set up another one, ran the game and the best passer and tackler I'd see since Steve Williams. I posted it on here on the HCDAJFU thread that season and everyone laughed and said what a mistake it would be to sign him. I also emailed 'tellrupert@saints.co.uk to advise him of what I'd seen and had been told by my mate who watches a lot of French football and knew a coach at Strasbourg that he was available for a bargain of around £1m and would definitely be a premier league star worth £15m or more in a few years. I'm glad the club listened to me and not the mongboard skeptics. WTFISN.

Was this before or after you said ....."Turkish (!) : "Is that not the point? no on really knows what he is. Hes played centre back, central defensive and attacking midfield and wide attacking midfield this season and been pony in all of them. Not got the pace for the wide midfield positions, the skill for attacking midfield or the aggression for defensive midfield. His stats say it all, he contributes nothing. To squander £1.2m on a kid when the club is in serious financial woe is just plain folly and in Lowes top 5 blunders"

......?

Was this before or after you said ....."Turkish (!) : "Is that not the point? no on really knows what he is. Hes played centre back, central defensive and attacking midfield and wide attacking midfield this season and been pony in all of them. Not got the pace for the wide midfield positions, the skill for attacking midfield or the aggression for defensive midfield. His stats say it all, he contributes nothing. To squander £1.2m on a kid when the club is in serious financial woe is just plain folly and in Lowes top 5 blunders"

......?

Listen pal, I watch a lot of French football and recommended him to the club in 2006. Just because he had a bad couple of games when he got here and I got a bit frustrated with him doesn't take away from the fact that I saw him before any of you and maybe if is never emailed tellrupert he might not be here now.

Listen pal, I watch a lot of French football and recommended him to the club in 2006. Just because he had a bad couple of games when he got here and I got a bit frustrated with him doesn't take away from the fact that I saw him before any of you and maybe if is never emailed tellrupert he might not be here now.

Sorry Turkish but you simply can't claim the credit for this.

I recommended him to the club whilst he was still a foetus.

Turkish

Did you recomend Ali Dia to Graham Souness?;)

Sorry Turkish but you simply can't claim the credit for this.

I recommended him to the club whilst he was still a foetus.

I put Morgan's mum in touch with Don Howe three days before the boy was conceived. Remember he's an Arsenal player really. They, like, owned him all along and we've only got him on loan and stuff. They still own him now. Fact.

With the clamour for Januzaj for England and the need for a 5 year wait after his 18th birthday, I'm amazed that Morgan hasn't really been touted for England. Pulis said he's the most complete midfielder in the premier league and clearly isn't wanted by the French national team at present.

Sorry mate, you can't have it all ways. You post some decent stuff on here (With the exception of the "how very dare they" journalist posts). You are the first to quote what other people have said in the past, so you need to take this one on the chin.

You posted something that turned out to be utter ******** and makes you look a bit of a ***t. But we have all done it....... its when you start digging.........

Sorry mate, you can't have it all ways. You post some decent stuff on here (With the exception of the "how very dare they" journalist posts). You are the first to quote what other people have said in the past, so you need to take this one on the chin.

You posted something that turned out to be utter ******** and makes you look a bit of a ***t. But we have all done it....... its when you start digging.........

Hod my hands up to being frustrated by Schniderlin, hence my post. However I spotted him first, I recommended him to Saints after seeing him play for Strasbourg B in 2006 whilst holidaying there, Even advising Rupert how much he would cost.These are FACT and no amount of jealousy and bitterness will change that!

Hod my hands up to being frustrated by Schniderlin, hence my post. However I spotted him first, I recommended him to Saints after seeing him play for Strasbourg B in 2006 whilst holidaying there, Even advising Rupert how much he would cost.These are FACT and no amount of jealousy and bitterness will change that!

Recommending a player that you went on to describe as one of Rupert Lowe's biggest follies?

Recommending a player that you went on to describe as one of Rupert Lowe's biggest follies?

I was frustrated with him, he hadn't delivered what id expected him too after his amazing performances for stasbourg. Given how skint we were at he time it was looking like a waste of money and my reputation was on the line with the club, I'm glad i have been proven to be an amazing scout as well as a humble and knowledgable mongboarder.

WTF?? Why do you think I would I bitter or jealous? If your email had any bearing on MS coming to Saints, then seriously full credit to you and we all owe you a few beers.... and some.

I met Rupes on a train a couple of years back, had him pinned in a corner and the next stop was 20 mins away, so had his full attention :lol:... He couldn't go anywhere, The bloke he was with dismissed every question I asked Mr lowe (In what I hope was received in the spirit in which they were asked) and only wanted to talk about MS- What did we think of him, how was he playing, how was his injury etc etc,...... Turns out he was MS agent.

I told him he was doing alright and nothing more... that is when we were in league one, so shows how much I know

Ivr just found the email

To: tellrupert@saintsfc.co.uk

Subject: Exciting Young French midfielder

Date: 19th september 2006 12.41

Dear Saints

I am writing to you today to advise you of an excellent young player I have seen whilst on holiday in France last week. Whilst there I decided to take in a game between Strasbourg B and Rennes with my friend who is very knowledge on French football and is friends with a coach at Strasbourg.

The young player in question is called Morgan Schinderlin and is one of the most outstanding players I've ever seen. In the game in question he scored two goals, set up one and put in an incredible performance, creative going forward with outstanding passing ability, strong in the tackle and outstanding work rate and position sense. Schniderlin is 17 years old and highly regarded in France. My friend advises me Strasbourg would be willing to consider bids in the region of £1m.

I implore you to watch Schneiderlin closely and consider bidding on the player, he is one of the most talented youngsters I've ever seen and I watch a lot of young football! my friend and I are confident this player is a potential premier league star and as his reputation grows will attract interest from the top clubs around Europe.

Thank you for reading this email and considering my recommendation.

Kind regards

Turkish*

*names have been changed to mongboard logins to protect the identity of those involved in bringing Morgan to the club.

Edited by Turkish

WTF?? Why do you think I would I bitter or jealous? If your email had any bearing on MS coming to Saints, then seriously full credit to you and we all owe you a few beers.... and some.

I met Rupes on a train a couple of years back, had him pinned in a corner and the next stop was 20 mins away, so had his full attention :lol:... He couldn't go anywhere, The bloke he was with dismissed every question I asked Mr lowe (In what I hope was received in the spirit in which they were asked) and only wanted to talk about MS- What did we think of him, how was he playing, how was his injury etc etc,...... Turns out he was MS agent.

I told him he was doing alright and nothing more... that is when we were in league one, so shows how much I know

Ive posted the email above.

Ive posted the email above.

Cheers..... Actually I believed you (FWIIW) but fair play for doing something for the club (It doesn't change the fact that you subsequently called it one of rupes / the clubs top five mistakes ;) ;) ) As I said previously we all owe you a few beers if that had a bearing on bringing him here.

It's not often I have a little stir, but this has been v. amusing. I think most of the criticism of Schneiderlin at the time was fairly justified, but he made the changes a lot of people didn't think he was capable of, and look at him now.

As for ottery, glad you had the chance to see me play. I was never crap, so you must be thinking of someone else. :D

Stop all the bickering I should be the one taking the praise for Morgan, ever since his first game for Saints against Cardiff I knew he would be one of the greatest players to wear the red and white stripes(?) and have for the past 5 years backed him all the way. He is an incredible player how he doesnt get picked for France I will never know.

We should be thanking Turkish not hating on him! Such jealousy on here

Don't hate, appreciate

Thank you Turkish

Thanks Glasge, i knew that you would be one who appreciated my efforts, so many on here are eaten up with their own agendas, jealousy and bitterness it's a bit unhealthy. YOu're not though, thats why you're one of the best posters on here.

Where are all the old farts who were saying he was sh*t & we should get rid?

It was clear in anyone who knows anything about the game that the boy has always had the class, now he has the steel as well.

Well this old fart said from Day 1 of his appearance in our first team that he would be the new Pires and he has never changed his mind. I was labelled by everyone on here at the time as a looney when so many complained he was a waste of space and get rid, so it is for me a Schadenfreude moment that everyone now agrees. Glad you all caught up chaps!

I am also the only one saying we will win the Premier League this year, yep same old looney!

It's not often I have a little stir, but this has been v. amusing. I think most of the criticism of Schneiderlin at the time was fairly justified, but he made the changes a lot of people didn't think he was capable of, and look at him now.

As for ottery, glad you had the chance to see me play. I was never crap, so you must be thinking of someone else. :D

I idolised you ever since I was a toddler:D