Boruc

Glasgow_Saint

The slagging he's getting shows just how good he has been and the standard he's set for himself.

Cockups like today's were commonplace in our goal last season before he got in.

He's our no 1 by a long distance and I'm sure normal service will be resumed.

The slagging he's getting shows just how good he has been and the standard he's set for himself.

Cockups like today's were commonplace in our goal last season before he got .

that is a nonsense. Our defence and team is far more organised and so the keeper is under less pressure. Boruc is a super keeper but cannot make these massive cock ups and not have the microscope put on him. The last 2away games he has cost us dear. He will make it up as the season goes on

I don't see any of his teammates trying to offer him someone to pass to. Too busy wondering what the f*ck he's up to I suppose.

Artur could of course have kicked the ball over the line -any white line away from the goalmouth would have done, instead of trying to turn Giroud.

Several times also, not only this match, he casually passes dangerously in front of advancing forwards. Silly schoolboy errors in contrast to his not infrequent world class saves. I hope Poch puts him in detention.

Cockups like today's were commonplace in our goal last season before he got in.

He's our no 1 by a long distance and I'm sure normal service will be resumed.

Dealing with that in order:

No, even an average keeper should not have put himself in that position

Goalkeeping errors were commonplace last season - near post failures in particular, but not by showboating

He still remains our No 1 - but by default to some extent as the other options are even more fragile - and yes, I hope normal levels of competence are returned.

Dealing with that in order:

No, even an average keeper should not have put himself in that position

Goalkeeping errors were commonplace last season - near post failures in particular, but not by showboating

He still remains our No 1 - but by default to some extent as the other options are even more fragile - and yes, I hope normal levels of competence are returned.

That's what takes the **** today wasn't just an unfortunate error he arrogantly tried to proove he has silky ball skills when he has anything but and with so many chances to clear it it was absolute lunacy and arrogance. He is class on his day but needs to curb the stupidity at times he looks so casual its scary to watch

One of Saints faults from last season was that we pass the ball back to keeper far too often. Defenders need to stop back passing to put our goal keeper under pressure...just hoof it up.

Yeah just hoof it - great idea! Guaranteed to concede possession 50% of the time on average

I thought it was just weird. Not good, not 'bad', just really weird.

If someone from the footballing betting authorities was to look at a few of our last goals conceded it would look odd to put it mildly.

I actually thought that today myself. Our last 3 goals conceded have all been odd.

He's got a bit of a monk from mean machine about him but he's a quality keeper.
Think the bloke is just a bit too odd. He can obviously throw in a top draw save from time to time, but you can't trust him week in, week out, as I said before, more weird than anything else, thats a few odd goals we've conceded now.

After today...... Can we rely on him? Shocking

BorucError.gif

You've turned into a right donkey of a poster recently and this post in utter 'school boy error' - yes Boruc had a shocker that was always going to happen with his almost lackadaisical approach to one on one's but rest assured he's saved us much more and will learn from this.

looked to me as if giroud extended his arm and pushed boruc over.

Don't think so. Boruc was an idiot, Giroud had all rights to make him look silly there.

I think he's a mental case, but he's our mental case! Look at his eyes, and the random talking to himself in matches! He's what you'd call a flawed genius, that's for sure.

I'm not excusing Boruc at all, he was a complete idiot, but there more I watch the loop of the gif, the more it looks like a foul by Giroud to me. Especially when you consider that usually ANY kind of touch on a keeper means a free-kick.
Not a chance that it was even remotely close to being a foul.

Still not sure which was the source of the worst nightmares last night.

The howls of Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo FFS Get RID OF IT from us lot in the bar as we watched the inevitable unfold

Or the howls of Derision from all the other people in the place. For some unknown reason our game was shown on every TV in the place last night including the massive outdoor 10m tall screen. There simply was nowhere to look and nowhere to hide.

3 Comedy goals in less than a month now. He's still a quality keeper but has to get his head straight.

A bit extreme to say he cost us 3 points today - we didn't surrender a winning position, so let's just say he cost us 1 point.

He screwed up, but it didn't knock his or the defenders confidence, he still received numerous back passes throughout the rest of the match, and his headed interception halfway up to the halfway line was a thing of beauty ;-)

Due to our style of possession football, he has probably had more back passes to deal with than any other keeper in the league.

I'm sure there must be some geeky / anorakish website that has these sort of details at hand. MLG?

Worth pointing out Fonte was as culpable for the second goal. Like Boruc he is always on the edge of giving something away, today was his day to get caught.

Boruc has been very good for us all year. Hope he is spurred on to put it right.

Disagree fonte eight times out of ten would have got away with that kind of shirt pull and generally looks nowhere near as much of a loose cannon liability as borucs casual approach to the game

Disagree fonte eight times out of ten would have got away with that kind of shirt pull and generally looks nowhere near as much of a loose cannon liability as borucs casual approach to the game

If that merited a penalty, every corner Stoke defend would result in a penalty, not to mention a free kick at every corner they have themselves.

As pointed out elsewhere Jos is being man handled but no action taken. It's the consistency that is frustrating.

If that merited a penalty, every corner Stoke defend would result in a penalty, not to mention a free kick at every corner they have themselves.

As pointed out elsewhere Jos is being man handled but no action taken. It's the consistency that is frustrating.

I can't think of many corners where there isn't a bit of shirt pulling from both sides!

It was a monumental f*ck-up. The one at Stoke wasn't as bad but still an error.

If I was Poch I would replace Kelvin and get a decent understudy to put a bit of pressure on Boruc, he needs to get his sh!t together. At the moment he knows he is on the teamsheet regardless.

I think the Saints way now is to improve the first team starters, and the squad improves as well. I'd expect Boluc to become the understudy to be honest.

..... and this post in utter 'school boy error' - yes Boruc had a shocker that was always going to happen with his almost lackadaisical approach to one on one's but rest assured he's saved us much more and will learn from this.

He's 33 and a full international, bit late to start learning from it. Gazzaniga who is 21/22 might learn from this type of clownery but I think Boruc is a bit long in the tooth to be able to put up the 'learn from it' defence and smokescreen.

You have to ask will the awarding of that penalty reduce shirt pulling in the penalty area...No.

You have to ask will the awarding of that penalty reduce Fonte's shirt pulling in the penalty area...No.

Why...because awarding a penalty for shirt tugging has now become discretionary. All players know only a small number of infringements are punished. The Referee association don't have the wit or wisdom to cope with the problem. Just like Giroud giving Boruc the hand-off in the chest to rob him of the ball...time was you couldn't touch a keeper...no excuse though.

I'm not excusing Boruc at all, he was a complete idiot, but there more I watch the loop of the gif, the more it looks like a foul by Giroud to me. Especially when you consider that usually ANY kind of touch on a keeper means a free-kick.

On the other hand, if big Vic dispossessed Wilshire/Ozil in the middle of the park and it's given a foul, I'd be furious. Not a foul for me. Boruc did have a word with the ref after, but it was clearly more in desperation. No other Saints player even tried to appeal - which usually suggests something.

Big mistake today from Boruc, and I also thought the Stoke goal was also a mistake on his part.

Clearly a very good goalkeeper, but point costing mistakes are worrying. That said, he has also made plenty of pointing saving saves in his time here.

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove

Well explain to me just exactly what there is to argue about?

I'm referring to the post I quoted originally. For further clarification see the past immediately below your latest post.

Giroud gets the ball with his foot, but pushes Boruc over at the same time. Can't touch the keeper like that. At least, that's the way it always used to be. Definitely a foul and no goal down the other end.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

On the other hand, if big Vic dispossessed Wilshire/Ozil in the middle of the park and it's given a foul, I'd be furious. Not a foul for me. Boruc did have a word with the ref after, but it was clearly more in desperation. No other Saints player even tried to appeal - which usually suggests something.

Big mistake today from Boruc, and I also thought the Stoke goal was also a mistake on his part.

Clearly a very good goalkeeper, but point costing mistakes are worrying. That said, he has also made plenty of pointing saving saves in his time here.

I think no one protested apart from him because they were all so amazed at the ridiculousness and idiocy of Boruc. It took several replays for me to notice the sneaky push. So I suppose maybe I can forgive the ref for not noticing it (even though it is his job).

Of course not a foul in the middle of the park. But goalkeepers always get far more protective treatment, rightly in my book. It was a foul. But understand how it could be missed. Though I still doubt it would have been missed down the other end.

I'm referring to the post I quoted originally. For further clarification see the past immediately below your latest post.

Giroud gets the ball with his foot, but pushes Boruc over at the same time. Can't touch the keeper like that. At least, that's the way it always used to be. Definitely a foul and no goal down the other end.

It was a rhetorical question! :mcinnes:

There is nothing to argue about, because it wasn't a foul! If all and sundry were up in arms about it claiming "foul" then it would be worth debating, but you are probably the only person on the planet who thinks so - so not worth an argument.

It was a rhetorical question! :mcinnes:

There is nothing to argue about, because it wasn't a foul! If all and sundry were up in arms about it claiming "foul" then it would be worth debating, but you are probably the only person on the planet who thinks so - so not worth an argument.

Well I've just referred to two people on here who think it was. Can you read? Don't answer, rhetorical question. I won't be answering you again.

Well I've just referred to two people on here who think it was. Can you read? Don't answer, rhetorical question. I won't be answering you again.

Have you actually seen it, or are you basing your assessment (like the person you quoted) on that jerky looping gif? The match has been widely reviewed on Sky Sports and the BBC and guess what they have been focusing on? Yes - the Boruc mistake. Have any of them even slightly alluded to the possibility of a foul? Nope. Have any papers (online or otherwise) alluded to the possibility of a foul? If you can find any, then let's debate it.

Have you actually seen it, or are you basing your assessment (like the person you quoted) on that jerky looping gif? The match has been widely reviewed on Sky Sports and the BBC and guess what they have been focusing on? Yes - the Boruc mistake. Have any of them even slightly alluded to the possibility of a foul? Nope. Have any papers (online or otherwise) alluded to the possibility of a foul? If you can find any, then let's debate it.

Well I watched the match on Foot+ yesterday and the absolutely couldn't be more pro-Arse than that French commentators said that there was a hint of a foul, they dismissed it in a flash because well Giroud is god innit. Giroud is a very dirty player but as we all got told last week against Ukraine he does it so well he deserves to get away with it. I've a recording, I'll have a look at half-time in the Spurs-Citeh game.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Well I watched the match on Foot+ yesterday and the absolutely couldn't be more pro-Arse than that French commentators said that there was a hint of a foul, they dismissed it in a flash because well Giroud is god innit. Giroud is a very dirty player but as we all got told last week against Ukraine he does it so well he deserves to get away with it. I've a recording, I'll have a look at half-time in the Spurs-Citeh game.
I await with bated breath :)

SOCCER+Arsen_2.jpg

foul or a game for men ? decide for yourself. Probably not a PL foul, would be in Italy or Spain.

It is football. not basketball. Players are allowed to make contact with each other. I would love to try to knock Boruc over with three fingers :) Do you really honestly think it would be a foul in Spain or France? Naah

It is football. not basketball. Players are allowed to make contact with each other. I would love to try to knock Boruc over with three fingers :) Do you really honestly think it would be a foul in Spain or France? Naah

Oh yes it would, can't touch a keeper in France, instant whistle job. Anyway here's a little video, sorry about the 30 secs publicity but at least you can stop it and see Giroud pushing Boruc with both hands. After that it's up to our resident refs.

http://www.football.fr/angleterre/articles/video-boruc-dribbleur-ridicule-440116/