Boruc

Glasgow_Saint

my post 144...as I was saying.

Boruc now out.......Davis ..out Ill / Injured?.......so from now on .....it's Gazzaniga folks :scared:

I think that Boruc deserved his place ..even after he got the wind up at Stoke ...and his dance routine last weekend at The Emirates, but now he's injured ...?

where's our second international goalie?

January window?

Defence didn't seem confident once Boruc went off. I'm hoping that is more to do with just conceding and then losing Boruc, not that Gazza then came on. I just hope he has improved vastly since last season. This is a tough month and we really need everyone to be on top of their game.

It is a nightmare we've lost Boruc, but the bedwetting and general nastiness towards Gazzaniga is quite a shame really.

I'm still trying to work out what he did wrong today. But I have a feeling I won't be able to.

He should, without a shadow of a doubt, have saved their third. Any top keeper worth their salt would have kept that out. It was pretty poor how slowly he got down to it. It looked that way on the big screen at the stadium and my view is confirmed having seen it again.

He should, without a shadow of a doubt, have saved their third. Any top keeper worth their salt would have kept that out. It was pretty poor how slowly he got down to it. It looked that way on the big screen at the stadium and my view is confirmed having seen it again.

It reminded me of a goal he conceded at Goodison last season. I think it was against Jelavic but in any case he should have got down much sooner for it.

Without wanting to be too harsh on Gazza, who was certainly thrown in at the deep end, I'm fairly confident Boruc would have got something on that.

This. However he hasn't played a competitive game for us for a long time now, so i'm willing to put that one down to a lack of sharpness. Today was going one way based on the second-half performance by Chelsea anyway, so if he had saved it it would've only been damage limitation..

You must live in some sort of parallel universe where goalkeepers are superhumans

It reminded me of a goal he conceded at Goodison last season. I think it was against Jelavic but in any case he should have got down much sooner for it.

Without wanting to be too harsh on Gazza, who was certainly thrown in at the deep end, I'm fairly confident Boruc would have got something on that.

Absolutely - it wasn't a howler by any means but it shows the difference between a top quality keeper and one that isn't ready for Premier League football - I'm convinced Artur would have got to it.

When we were conceding goals by the shed load last season Gazza let a lot past him where we all said 'that's not his fault' but I'd wager that with a top form Boruc in goal we would definitely not have conceded so many...Gazza isn't capable of the saves that get us out of trouble in games, Boruc is. That is the difference.

Defence didn't seem confident once Boruc went off. I'm hoping that is more to do with just conceding and then losing Boruc, not that Gazza then came on. I just hope he has improved vastly since last season. This is a tough month and we really need everyone to be on top of their game.

It was more a case of Chelsea throwing the kitchen sink at us I made of it, also any confidence change would because the change happened in the match. If we decided to start the game with Gazzaniga then I'd doubt it would affect them from the off, however maybe after a blunder then I'd understand.

Watch it again and tell me Boruc wouldn't have got a hand on it...

It is fairly pointless talking keepers on here, for a few years we had a keeper who won player of the season, also voted by his fellow pros as the best in the league he was playing in and still we had the so called experts hiding in the shadows waiting to criticise. Time waits for nobody and so KD is first choice but he should not be third choice.if the manger decides he is then so be it

Watch it again and tell me Boruc wouldn't have got a hand on it...

I have watched it several times - and to say that Boruc or anyone else would have got a hand on it is complete speculation. It is a completely futile argument - but I have more faith in the pundits who have reviewed the goals than the oddballs on here - and I have nor heard or read anything that lays the blame on the keeper for any of the goals.

I have watched it several times - and to say that Boruc or anyone else would have got a hand on it is complete speculation. It is a completely futile argument - but I have more faith in the pundits who have reviewed the goals than the oddballs on here - and I have nor heard or read anything that lays the blame on the keeper for any of the goals.

Oh well if the pundits don't say anything then you must be right....

I'm not saying it was a howler just that he could have done better and was very slow to get down to it. Fair enough that it was difficult but the making of difficult saves is what separates great keepers from average ones....Boruc is a great keeper, Gazza is thoroughly average.

Crazy idea I know, but how about we get behind Gazza?

Possibly could have got the 2nd, but it would have been a v good save. It always looks worse in slo-mo on a replay.

It's always going to be harder coming on as a sub keeper. Let alone at Stamford Bridge.

It would be great to have 2 international keepers. But keepers sat on the bench every game rarely stay internationals for long.

Oh well if the pundits don't say anything then you must be right....

I'm not saying it was a howler just that he could have done better and was very slow to get down to it. Fair enough that it was difficult but the making of difficult saves is what separates great keepers from average ones....Boruc is a great keeper, Gazza is thoroughly average.

i think Boruc is a much better keeper - but regardless of that, blaming Gazza for that goal is nonsense. He actually did nothing wrong while he was on. Saying otherwise is just looking for a scapegoat.

Boruc made a very similar save in the first half to the one that Gazza tried to make for their 3rd goal. Got down very sharply, made the save on his line and smothered the ball. It's not far-fetched to think that Boruc would have saved the 3rd goal - possibly not with his broken hand though...

The reaction Gazzaniga is getting is a bit OTT. Lets not forget he was thrown in the deep end last year with a shocking defence in front of him. This year we have a far more improved defence. He was never gonna save the Ba goal. Trolls need a new scapegoat though bless em.

6 weeks out. in the most busy month of the season. this is pants. :(

not proven young gk, Kelv becoming older is not our Nr2 according to MPo. and American Gk, with no League game experience. damn, our Top-6 adventure is over I guess?

Who could become Nr1 now while Artur is out? Kelv or Gazza? anyone been to Development games to watch Cody in play???

He has been crucial, but hey we could've signed another keeper this summer after last year's early troubles and we didn't, so I assume there was a good reason for us not to.

Of course the bedwetting brigade don't even care about who Gazzaniga is and what stage in his career he is at. All they need is someone to bash to show that they know a lot about football.

And I know Kelvin deserved to stay in order to finish his career here but let's be honest it's a position in the squad we could do with another alternative in!

This. The defence have little confidence without Boruc. Really not liking the fact we have Man City, Spurs and Everton before Boruc will even be back in training again.

Man City are gash away. Spurs aren't that great home or away. We would lose at Everton even with a fit Boruc.