Boruc

Glasgow_Saint

On a side note, Giroud is a dirty, cynical ****. The constant pulling and backing into our CBs coupled with the willingness to go down like a feather. Can't believe it's not picked up on more.

See lloris is not covering himself in glory...

Edited by shurlock

Anyone claiming there was any kind of foul is some kind of deluded Boruc apologist.

Two high-profile, worse-than schoolboy, errors against Stoke and Arsenal, he's in negative equity with me at the moment- and I didn't have a problem with the "bottle" incident last year at all. Happy to support him, and was one of those shouting encouragement to him when he came near us to collect the ball later in the half, but SERIOUSLY, WTF was that?

Anyone claiming there was any kind of foul is some kind of deluded Boruc apologist.

Thank goodness for that! It was starting to get a bit silly on here for a minute. It was a major fook-up, and the only redeeming thing for him was that he did not attempt some pitiful appeal for a foul.

Two high-profile, worse-than schoolboy, errors against Stoke and Arsenal, he's in negative equity with me at the moment
Not sure I agree with that entirely. The Stoke thing was really just an horrendous piece of bad luck imho.

Oh yes it would, can't touch a keeper in France, instant whistle job. Anyway here's a little video, sorry about the 30 secs publicity but at least you can stop it and see Giroud pushing Boruc with both hands. After that it's up to our resident refs.

http://www.football.fr/angleterre/articles/video-boruc-dribbleur-ridicule-440116/

That video is just the Sky footage. I was expecting to see some definitive proof of a foul. There is no pushing or fouling going on. Let's get real here please...... you even said yourself that the French commentary dismissed the possibility of a foul despite the fact that they allegedly play under the rules of basketball there.

Thank goodness for that! It was starting to get a bit silly on here for a minute. It was a major fook-up, and the only redeeming thing for him was that he did not attempt some pitiful appeal for a foul.

Not sure I agree with that entirely. The Stoke thing was really just an horrendous piece of bad luck imho.

While it was a bit of a freak goal it was still an avoidable error. The ball had flown the length of the pitch, yet Boruc was way out of his goal.

Boruc is still far, far better than any other option we currently have, but the Stoke goal and yesterday's were two massive errors of judgement IMO.

I think no one protested apart from him because they were all so amazed at the ridiculousness and idiocy of Boruc. It took several replays for me to notice the sneaky push. So I suppose maybe I can forgive the ref for not noticing it (even though it is his job).

Of course not a foul in the middle of the park. But goalkeepers always get far more protective treatment, rightly in my book. It was a foul. But understand how it could be missed. Though I still doubt it would have been missed down the other end.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I also see MP had no complaints after the game either.

The protection thing is for when keepers are in the air, trying to claim a cross/high ball with their hands. In doing so they are off balance, and can land nastily if being unfairly challenged by an attacking player.

There is no 'protection' from the refs for you if you dally on the ball and get tackled.

Letting a ball in from at least 80 yards? How can it NOT be the goalkeepers fault..? (I don´t care how windy it was that night. Boruc must have played at windy circumstances before...)

nobody who understands goalkeeping could blame Boruc for that. He was in exactly the spot any keeper would be coached to be for play at that point. To some extent the wind didn't help but the real problem was the fluke bounce. He looked a prat but was in fact blameless.

conceding a goal is always worse than missing one...but how many times have we seen players miss from a yard out,? or put the ball wide when it was easier to score.? much more often than this.

If Boruc received a back pass (from Clyne - was it ?), it may well have been too short? ..... and in which case, he's not allowed to pick up the ball, so he has to play it with his feet.

It's Giround task to harrass the keeper, and he did it successfully. 1-0

Was Boruc a bit overconfident - YES!.. but the man is high of confidence (and bravery) however, mistake or not... he is still one of the best goalies we've had in a generation.

If handled correctly, he'll have learned the lesson and move on .If he plays a blinder at Chelsea, this item will disappear into the waste bin of pointless threads

.if not I'd still play him because (at present)...I'd be a lot less confident about the alternatives....which brings me back to my perrenial topic...we need at least two international quality goalies.

The pass wasn't too short. Boruc had plenty of time to deal with it. Even when he was messing about with it he had at least two opportunities to clear it. A stupid stupid error.

But it's likely he will be brilliant next week and we will get a result. Just the way it goes. Until he has better competition he will not be dropped.

conceding a goal is always worse than missing one...but how many times have we seen players miss from a yard out,? or put the ball wide when it was easier to score.? much more often than this.

If Boruc received a back pass (from Clyne - was it ?), it may well have been too short? ..... and in which case, he's not allowed to pick up the ball, so he has to play it with his feet.

It's Giround task to harrass the keeper, and he did it successfully. 1-0

Was Boruc a bit overconfident - YES!.. but the man is high of confidence (and bravery) however, mistake or not... he is still one of the best goalies we've had in a generation.

If handled correctly, he'll have learned the lesson and move on .If he plays a blinder at Chelsea, this item will disappear into the waste bin of pointless threads

.if not I'd still play him because (at present)...I'd be a lot less confident about the alternatives....which brings me back to my perrenial topic...we need at least two international quality goalies.

Two goallies? Which goallie of "international quality" would like to be sitting on the bench for those days Boruc isn't up to his best? Goallies make mistakes some of the best make mistakes just like Boruc did yesterday (see video), it doesn't mean that they're crap all of a sudden and need to be sitting on the bench (how is that going to make him play better?).

[video=youtube;Uj-rr1cKOLA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj-rr1cKOLA

What was Ferguson thinking when he bought this guy...

Boruc deserves the criticism he is getting but we do not need a new goallie. Its not like he is flapping at crosses or letting in easy shots, which would be harder to correct.

we need at least two international quality goalies.

That isn't going to happen. We are still 'little Southampton'. outside of this area. Another international GK is not going to be prepared to sit on the bench, he will want to play. The reality is that we have Boruc as No1 and Davis as a backup, a deputy. Anyone thinking Begovic would leave Stoke and come to us to play 2nd fiddle to Boruc has to be joking. I doubt he would come even as our first choice. And if he did, Boruc would want out. All that happen here is that MP needs to have a word with Boruc about these antics. Confidence is good, arrogance is not welcomed.

Two goallies? Which goallie of "international quality" would like to be sitting on the bench for those days Boruc isn't up to his best? Goallies make mistakes some of the best make mistakes just like Boruc did yesterday (see video), it doesn't mean that they're crap all of a sudden and need to be sitting on the bench (how is that going to make him play better?).

[video=youtube;Uj-rr1cKOLA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj-rr1cKOLA

What was Ferguson thinking when he bought this guy...

Boruc deserves the criticism he is getting but we do not need a new goallie. Its not like he is flapping at crosses or letting in easy shots, which would be harder to correct.

Agreed all we need to do is stop him showboating but how do we do that when it seems very much part of his character?

Whilst he has quite rightly come out and publicly backed the player, I hope and expect Poch has given him the mother of all bollockings behind closed doors. Fecking stupid ****.

No need he will have known what he did was lunacy he has appologized to fans on his Facebook account

I see the word 'clown' was used on this board and on MOTD. That is the correct description. he doesn't belong in a premier league team.

No keeper is exempt from mistakes, I have seen all our. Keepers made tragic errors, even Shilton. Boruc is a PL keeper and a good one at that

what teams have two international keepers?

I have answered that one before. Around half of the Prem.clubs have at least two keepers who have played at international level for (some) country or other. Arsenal have three, I think.?

I've lost track of my notes on that, but check for yourself if you are unsure.

10 years or so ago, we had Paul Jones (Wales) and Antti Niemi (Finland) as goalies and I think both accepted that only one could play at at time according to form / fitness.

If we are still talking about Euro football next season?, we need to get cover for all positions, including goalies.

If Boruc had a serious injury, then I'm not sure that KD could cut it as a Prem.goalie... though I do respect the excellent service and loyalty he has shown in the past.

AND in that eventuality (a Boruc injury) ...I don't believe we would be able to "loan " a goalie " as KD more than meets the requirements (on paper) as a replacement.

With hindsight, I think most of us would say not buying Butland was a good thing, but I don't rate Gazzaniga at all at the moment, either.

....and I'm not one of those people who would consider Begovic (as several others have suggested)....that " freak kick-in-the-wind goal " doesn't make him a good goalie - just a lucky one.

surprised that Lloris's faux pas yesterday hasn't been mentioned, put them on the slippery slope after 10 seconds. A keeper f*ck up is a keeper ***** up, they almost always lead to gift goals, bet not many PL keepers pass the season without one.

In passing and on the subjects of GKs, do we know why Gazza was on the bench on Saturday and not KD?

Oh Artur!!!

Is that 5 points you owe us now?

When you look at home many points he's probably saved us this season with some world class saves, I'm not blaming him too much.

It was a bad error, but I have full confidence in him, he has shown he is a world class keeper more often than not in the last 12 months...

When you look at home many points he's probably saved us this season with some world class saves, I'm not blaming him too much.

It was a bad error, but I have full confidence in him, he has shown he is a world class keeper more often than not in the last 12 months...

How many points would you say he's saved us this season? I can think of maybe West Brom away and that's about it.

I have been a massive fan of Boruc, but he now makes me very nervous.

Back to the days of Dave Beasant, everytime Boruc gets the ball Im sensing bad news

Sorry pal but at worst you're trolling, at best? A drama queen.

He dropped a bollock. Every keeper, at some stage in their career, throws the ball in their net or something similar.

Man up and get off of his back.

It's Boruc's character that allows him to think he can do things which others wouldn't attempt and it's the same character that will see him pull through. Could be wrong, as ever, but I think he's less likely than other keepers might be to let this and the Stoke fluke get to him. Other high profile keepers, Hart, Ruddy, Lloris on Sunday, are having their problems. Not all will handle it so well.

It's Boruc's character that allows him to think he can do things which others wouldn't attempt and it's the same character that will see him pull through. Could be wrong, as ever, but I think he's less likely than other keepers might be to let this and the Stoke fluke get to him. Other high profile keepers, Hart, Ruddy, Lloris on Sunday, are having their problems. Not all will handle it so well.

I know it's an "easy" explanation, but I tend to see it the same way: Boruc is extremely confident and doesn't panic - this helps him settle the whole defensive line but sometimes it costs a horrible goal where he could have punted it out for a throw in... As long as he generally delivers over the entire season, I can live with a few blunders. I'm expecting that he is actually confident enough to put this behind him and not let it affect his future performances. The Boruc/Cruyff picture would suggest that he is able to deal with it ;)

Artur is fine, he's a quality keeper who had a brain fart - it happens every now and again and unfortunately he got stung.

The Stoke goal was a freak. Swirling wind, not enough time to adjust to the conditions and a crazy bounce. No fault apportioned.

7 goals conceeded in 13 games is outstanding and still the best in the premier league by 3 goals.

Give the guy a break, he's earnt more than a little slack.

meh if KD was welsh or finnish, he'd be an international goalie too.

I think many people felt that Jonah was an " above average " keeper for the Welsh team, and Niemi was certainly a much better keeper than Finland's FIFA rating would suggest.

Jones was our first choice keeper for 5 seasons, and still shared the job even after Niemi 's arrival. They both had their ups and downs, although Jones rather " lost the plot " in his last season, or two.

Ironically.... both men played in the 2003 FA Cup Final, and Jones was the one who kept a clean sheet, but still only got a loser's medal.

IMHO (and many others on this site, I'm sure) ... Niemi was one of our best keepers in the last 25 years.

my post 144...as I was saying.

Boruc now out.......Davis ..out Ill / Injured?.......so from now on .....it's Gazzaniga folks :scared:

I think that Boruc deserved his place ..even after he got the wind up at Stoke ...and his dance routine last weekend at The Emirates, but now he's injured ...?

where's our second international goalie?