AVB sacked!!

bowers-sfc

Same applies to what I said to Window Cleaner. I would be intrigued to see how he gets on, if he lands a top job.

Having said that, still think we could have been spared a lot of pain if Hoddle had been appointed as SFC manager in 2004.

Nearly 10 years on and the discussion rumbles on.

only with you, the standard bearer for Hoddle. It would be great for us if he got the job. Any manager who choose Carlton Palmer in front of MLT does not deserve any time

Hoddle would be keen on the role, and a poll of MSN readers put him top of a list that included Michael Laudrup, Fabio Capello and Jurgen Klinsmann.

Gary Lineker, a fellow Spurs favourite, tweeted his support for Hoddle yesterday following the sacking of the Portuguese.

He wrote: “AVB has been sacked by Spurs. Would love to see Glenn Hoddle given another chance at this level. Has a brilliant football mind.”

According to BBC

That popular football thinktank that is MSN.....

You surely cannot deny the fact that we would have fared better under Hoddle than Sturrock ?

In hindsight yes,but you could say that about countless other managers who would have had more class when they dealt with things.

I look forward to Hoddles man management skills at WHL

All a bit quiet on the MP to Spurs story. Worried.

I remember an interview with Cortese where he mentioned that he learned his lesson from sacking Pardew with respect to having a manager lined up to take over, (although he mentioned he couldn't understand why the fans seemed to be outraged either way he did it.) He's learned his lesson, if Mauricio goes then a new manager will step in immediately or else Cortese will not sanction it. Given Cortese's record with selecting managers I'm not worried in the least.

only with you, the standard bearer for Hoddle. It would be great for us if he got the job. Any manager who choose Carlton Palmer in front of MLT does not deserve any time

Palmer wasn't in the saints or England team when hoddle was here it was jones !

I remember an interview with Cortese where he mentioned that he learned his lesson from sacking Pardew with respect to having a manager lined up to take over, (although he mentioned he couldn't understand why the fans seemed to be outraged either way he did it.) He's learned his lesson, if Mauricio goes then a new manager will step in immediately or else Cortese will not sanction it. Given Cortese's record with selecting managers I'm not worried in the least.

Mp isn't going anywhere!

Why? It's pure speculation, and didn't Sturrock have us mid-table, even if going nowhere? He didn't get Saints relegated.

Sturrock was a disaster, I don't think the team thought much of him and it was only a matter of time before he took us down. For all people say, Hoddle was a good manager, you don't have to like him to admit that. The same could be said of Alex Ferguson, but I didn't see many Manure fans complaining when the team was lifting the silverware.

n

Sturrock was a disaster, I don't think the team thought much of him and it was only a matter of time before he took us down. For all people say, Hoddle was a good manager, you don't have to like him to admit that. The same could be said of Alex Ferguson, but I didn't see many Manure fans complaining when the team was lifting the silverware.

n

No he wasn't. Again you're confusing Luggy with Wigley. Luggy had a solid 1.23 points per game record, despite having many players out due to injury (the 3-3 against high flying Newcastle for example, where I think 10 first teamers were out).

The rot set in when Lowe/players(?) forced Luggy out, to be replaced by a clown (followed by a c**t).

No he wasn't. Again you're confusing Luggy with Wigley. Luggy had a solid 1.23 points per game record, despite having many players out due to injury (the 3-3 against high flying Newcastle for example, where I think 10 first teamers were out).

The rot set in when Lowe/players(?) forced Luggy out, to be replaced by a clown (followed by a c**t).

sturrock was a disaster. he lasted 13 games or so

He wasn't a disaster; his points per game record was ok. But he was an accident waiting to happen. It was just a shame that, after we binned him off, we went and brought in an even more obvious accident waiting to happen. Steve Wigley; now there was a disaster.

He wasn't a disaster; his points per game record was ok. But he was an accident waiting to happen. It was just a shame that, after we binned him off, we went and brought in an even more obvious accident waiting to happen. Steve Wigley; now there was a disaster.

Agree, Sturrock was on the way to being a disaster. Also agree the appointment of Wigley was a suicidal move. Some very bizzare decisions made at the time. I almost felt, just a hunch, but no proof, that Lowe did it in a fit of pique because he was overuled over the appointment of Hoddle and wanted to teach the board and the fans a lesson.

Then, of course the wrong sort of momentum grew and it was impossible to stop 'the runaway train'

I see that Sherwood thinks he has, or should have anyway, a genuine chance of getting the job on a permanent (well in name anyway) basis. Taking laughing stock to a whole new dimension, sacking AVB for a couple of defeats and replacing him with the tea boy who probably engineered the demise of AVB anyway.

I see that Sherwood thinks he has, or should have anyway, a genuine chance of getting the job on a permanent (well in name anyway) basis. Taking laughing stock to a whole new dimension, sacking AVB for a couple of defeats and replacing him with the tea boy who probably engineered the demise of AVB anyway.

This may come back to haunt you...

erm, well.. maybe Sherwood is actually a decent coach, has is A badge and Spurs were very keen to keep him on the staff during the summer when the likes of Blackburn Rovers wanted him as their new coach / manager.

Blackburn Rovers also wanted Steve Kean and Michael Appleton as managers, I don't think they have the best judgement. ;)

Blackburn Rovers also wanted Steve Kean and Michael Appleton as managers, I don't think they have the best judgement. ;)

to boot what was the first thing Sherwood did, yep straight back to 442 with Adebayor (who AVB had exiled from the first team group) and the ageing I don't give a toss because I've already got my MLS contract at 90K a week, Defoe. Townsend and Lennon instructed to get wide and put it into the mixer. West Ham just sponged it up and actually had far more shots on target.

to boot what was the first thing Sherwood did, yep straight back to 442 with Adebayor (who AVB had exiled from the first team group) and the ageing I don't give a toss because I've already got my MLS contract at 90K a week, Defoe. Townsend and Lennon instructed to get wide and put it into the mixer. West Ham just sponged it up and actually had far more shots on target.

And Adebayor scored a very good goal from getting it in the mixer. It wasn't their attacking strategy that was the problem, a couple of pacey wingers and a good big 'un and good little 'en up top is proven to work, so i'm glad to see that clubs are using that again. It was thei defence that was the problem, not enough nasty basta*ds to scare the sh*t out of the Wetspam (LOLZ) strikers. If they had players like Cattermole and Shawcross they'd have won easy.

Coming out now that clearly AVB didnt ask for or sanction half the summer 'panic' buys that were obviously driven by Levy. Explains why he never played Lamela and rarely played Erikkson

With 7 managers in 9 years, Levy is obviously an interfering chairman who gets rid when he's questioned (Redknapp). Club is rotten top to bottom and when you have a chairman who fires managers after 10 games the players know they can slack off, get paid and wait for everyone to blame the chairman/manager

They'll probably have difficulty getting a decent manager actually, I think De Boer has already turned them down, probably because he doesn't want to play 442.

In same way, the brightest bulbs on the mongboard claimed that Adkins was forced to play 4-2-3-1 by the meddling clotese (lol) - when 4-4-2 would have been far superior?

£80m profit on one player would give him a head start.

the real problem would seem to be Lamela, what had he ever done to command a 30 million £ transfer fee really? Scored a few goals for the AS Roma but as we have seen with Gervinho, blokes who can't score for toffee in the PL are top notch goleadors in the Calcio, probably because no-one tackles and refs give free kicks and penalties for nothing at all. Italian football is of a woeful standard which is probably why only Milan AC have made the knock out stages of the Champions League. We have seen it ourselves Gaston has been a rank failure really and Osvaldo is hit and miss to say the least.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Don't know about you lot but I quite like the cut of Sherwood's jib. In his press conference he had a nice line about the bulls hit manager-speak of "the project". There ain't no project, just win or be sacked.

Beyond that he comes across pretty well. On current scant evidence he's on my list to replace Pochettino when he goes.

Don't know about you lot but I quite like the cut of Sherwood's jib. In his press conference he had a nice line about the bulls hit manager-speak of "the project". There ain't no project, just win or be sacked.

Beyond that he comes across pretty well. On current scant evidence he's on my list to replace Pochettino when he goes.

Kind of comment you'd expect from one of 'Arry's mates, I suppose.