AVB sacked!!

bowers-sfc

Cant believe Levys had 9 managers in 12 years...

And you'd have to say that none of them have gone in there and shaped a side in their mould. There's something not quite working. We're very much in MP's mould, but you look at sides like Arsenal under Wenger, Liverpool under Rodgers, Chelsea under Mourinho first time round, Swansea under Laudrup, even Everton under Martinez. Those teams play in the certain style of their manager and look to do things in their own way. Never had that feeling with Spurs, and I don't think they've ever made the most of their sizeable spending.

And you'd have to say that none of them have gone in there and shaped a side in their mould. There's something not quite working. We're very much in MP's mould, but you look at sides like Arsenal under Wenger, Liverpool under Rodgers, Chelsea under Mourinho first time round, Swansea under Laudrup, even Everton under Martinez. Those teams play in the certain style of their manager and look to do things in their own way. Never had that feeling with Spurs, and I don't think they've ever made the most of their sizeable spending.

you forgot to add big sam. They certainly are in his mould

Top, top managers and blokes. They respect the tradition of football in this country.

The backbone of the success of the Premier League was built upon these lads and other luminaries such as Gerry Francis, Peter Shreeves, David Pleat and Howard Wilkinson. That was when football was football.

Levy is the common denominator, I actually dont mind Spurs but the mans a ****

Hoddle took over Saints from a good manager who had assembled a decent team but was underperforming. That manager left in surprising circumstances. Hoddle stayed a year, made us tough to beat, but playing solid, passing football and we shot up the table.

Hoddle fled to Spurs after 12 months.

Obviously that couldn't happen again. Obviously.

Oh god.

Jones wasn't a good manager.

The backbone of the success of the Premier League was built upon these lads and other luminaries such as Gerry Francis, Peter Shreeves, David Pleat and Howard Wilkinson. That was when football was football.

Don Howe, Big Ron, Howard Kendall. These lads were there when the premier league began and why sky decided to pump all this money in. Without them Soccerball would still be football.

He was no Peter Shreeves but he did a job for us.

I remember back in the Old Saintsforever days when he joined us from Stockport and talked about losing the 'struggling southampton' tag lots of people acclaimed him a great manager who was a hero and if we had stuck with him could have gone on and become our bill Shankley. The place went into meltdown for about 25 minutes when he was sacked with everyone outraged and planning protests against Lowe at the next home game. Then we realised he was a terrible manager and a clueless scouse bumpkin who we were best off shot of and would find his level in the championship, now we had Hoddle and he was going to take us to the next level.

I must admit. I do find it a big coincidence Saints first team players were called this morning and told to have the day off.

And no poch at staplewood either

Lets hope that's all it is

Providing MP does not give them a week off, then go on holiday himself, then I'm not worried.

Back to the original point "as you sow so shall you reap" they really are a horrible club

Agree, I think Rupert got it right about them...

On the subject of which

Cant believe Levys had 9 managers in 12 years...

.. this is a record Rupert would have been proud of.

Good man! First single i ever bought yo! I was only wee but had been firmly advised by my older brother that jungle was massive.

Jungle was massive once, but now it dwindles by the size of the UK every month.

I find it harder to breathe every day.

Gasp, Choke etc etc

We need to get our full weight behind this campaign: http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/players-lounge/34958-petition-bring-back-arry.html

To see Arry bankrupt and relegate the spuds would be just too funny.

lol, loved the 2nd post.............

Ummmmm....

Hmmmm....

Lets me think about this...

NO! I'd shove a hedgehog wrapped around a brick up my arse before I consented to this man being rehired.

Failed at Chelsea, failed at Spurs... oh! dear hope he has another skill or profession to fall back on other than "football manager". I should think Big Sam will be next through the revolving door and quite soon... and never rule out an early Pochettino exit either, can't imagine Signor Cortese had 10th place in mind as part of his 5 year world domination vision.

MP now 8th longest-serving current Premier League manager, Pardew 2nd. FFS, this is bloody stupid.

It is really stupid - I really hope we don't become like Spain where the managers just get recycled around the same clubs (so it seems). We need more Wenger, Moyes and Sir Alex types - but who have the luxury of boards that aren't happy to chop after 2 defeats.

It's like they've never heard of teams having a bad period. It happens, it's called football.

Matt Dickenson in The Times this morning has a full page spread - obviously doesn't think to much of AVB.

However there is a foto of avb looking particularly haggard - and right along side it is the Salvation Army Christmas Appeal for the homeless and destitute.

It's too much of a coincidence surely. I took a foto on my mobile and sent it round and caused a lot of mirth.

(It actually reminded me of the foto somebody posted on here of the Samaritans signs on the Itchen Bridge, with St Marys in the back ground when we were relegated and almost out of business)

I always thought Hoddle was a good manager,did very well when he was here and had players like Oakley and Beattie playing like superstars

I thought that too, up until he stopped being a good manager, which was a long time ago

Edited by Bucks Saint

Hoddle would be keen on the role, and a poll of MSN readers put him top of a list that included Michael Laudrup, Fabio Capello and Jurgen Klinsmann.

Gary Lineker, a fellow Spurs favourite, tweeted his support for Hoddle yesterday following the sacking of the Portuguese.

He wrote: “AVB has been sacked by Spurs. Would love to see Glenn Hoddle given another chance at this level. Has a brilliant football mind.”

According to BBC

Hoddle would be keen on the role, and a poll of MSN readers put him top of a list that included Michael Laudrup, Fabio Capello and Jurgen Klinsmann.

Gary Lineker, a fellow Spurs favourite, tweeted his support for Hoddle yesterday following the sacking of the Portuguese.

He wrote: “AVB has been sacked by Spurs. Would love to see Glenn Hoddle given another chance at this level. Has a brilliant football mind.”

According to BBC

Hoddle is a dinosaur, anyway the real favourite for the job is the bloke from FC Bale. All the others are just figments of the bookies' imagination.

I always thought Hoddle was a good manager,did very well when he was here and had players like Oakley and Beattie playing like superstars

The majority of fans would have welcomed Hoddle back to Southampton in 2004, but we got Sturrock instead.

Nearly ten years on and the appointment of Sturrock over Hoddle remains one of the strangest decisions the SFC board made. They were probably mistakenly swayed by a small but very vocal section of fans.

It is not unreasonable to trace the decline of the club at the time to this decision.

just for you I would love him to get the job......then watch them fail and you may then see how poor he really is. I doubt there is a Wolves fan who would take him back

Same applies to what I said to Window Cleaner. I would be intrigued to see how he gets on, if he lands a top job.

Having said that, still think we could have been spared a lot of pain if Hoddle had been appointed as SFC manager in 2004.

Nearly 10 years on and the discussion rumbles on.