AVB sacked!!

bowers-sfc

Their net spend is tiny, and he has the highest ever points value for a Tottenham manager in the premier league.... Is that due to bale instead of his managerial skills? If it is then you could argue that they were unable to adequately replace him and levy made a massive **** up. If its not due to bale, then he clearly has the goods as a manager to get that record level of points, therefore he has been unjustly sacked.

Either way i think is brilliant. I dislike Tottenham recently, all their success for the last 2 years has been built on the back of our academy, and we were not in a position to resist due to our financial troubles. Glad the wheels are coming off the bus for them, one less team in our way.

Surely the massive spending spree was a result of selling Bale which I guess was on the cards all summer. If they hadn't spent the money most of it would have gone to the Revenue anyway, no point in making a profit any more.

Well exactly, it was as a result but in essence it had a detrimental effect. The team isnt really firing as evidenced by their poor consistancy but in reality it is their poor defending and over reliance on a guy that just isnt scoring.

I personally like AVB, he didnt deserve it at Chelsea and probably doesnt now either. For me who is going to come in and be able to do better ? And will the new guy be forced to play their expensive players ?

Levy wont learn though, he never does.

Surely the massive spending spree was a result of selling Bale which I guess was on the cards all summer. If they hadn't spent the money most of it would have gone to the Revenue anyway, no point in making a profit any more.

Well exactly, it was as a result but in essence it had a detrimental effect. The team isnt really firing as evidenced by their poor consistancy but in reality it is their poor defending and over reliance on a guy that just isnt scoring.

I personally like AVB, he didnt deserve it at Chelsea and probably doesnt now either. For me who is going to come in and be able to do better ? And will the new guy be forced to play their expensive players ?

Levy wont learn though, he never does.

I fancy a bit of Jurgen Klinsmann at 25/1 given the World Cup draw looks pretty bleak for the US, he may as well go on a high of helping them reach Brazil as it is not going to get any better. I am sure I seen a recent Football Focus interview where he said he would like to manage in England one day. Will he get a better opportunity than this? The fans love him, he has experience, good age, forward thinking and with Freund as his number two......

I fancy a bit of Jurgen Klinsmann at 25/1 given the World Cup draw looks pretty bleak for the US, he may as well go on a high of helping them reach Brazil as it is not going to get any better. I am sure I seen a recent Football Focus interview where he said he would like to manage in England one day. Will he get a better opportunity than this? The fans love him, he has experience, good age, forward thinking and with Freund as his number two......

Didn't he sign a new 4 year contract the other day?

He's had two big chances at big clubs now and fecked em both. last year he had Arry's team and bale got him out of jail time and time again. obviously not the amazing manager the press hyped him to be after winning the Europa.

Not many "top top" managers succeed in the prem

Not many "top top" managers succeed in the prem

It's amazing how true this is. The Premier League rarely imports star managers or players, it makes them. That said, AVB wasn't a 'top top manager' when he went to Chelsea, everyone just thought he had the potential to become one. Hasn't happened yet, may still do.

Living in the US I hear loads of "Soccer" radio over here, Klinsmans just signed a four year extension and had his position upgraded to Director of Football, he's lived in LA for twenty years and is well settled, he's never going to. So slightly interested. Shows how the rumor mill works though, no one could understand last week why he was given such a ulcerative deal before the WC, seems even US soccer knew AV. Was on the chopping board very soon!

Looks like 'Twitter' thinks Pochettino is Spurs first choice for a replacement, but I'm betting that's all snowballed from that ITV bloke's tweet.

And I can't see Spurs being in any rush to dismiss those kind of rumours if they feel it could have any kind of unsettling effect on Saints a few days before playing down here.

If it gains momentum it would be nice to hear MP come out and ridicule it - in English of course.

Tell you what,if MP did go, I would welcome AVB here.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

why? he had a better squad than MP to work with. This is the trouble having an impressive manager as soon as a 'big' job comes up our club get destabilised by the talk of the manager leaving

why? he had a better squad than MP to work with. This is the trouble having an impressive manager as soon as a 'big' job comes up our club get destabilised by the talk of the manager leaving

As I'm on the old dog n bone, I'll just refer you to Adrian's post above.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

the madness was spending £100 million on a group of fairly-talented individuals who all came from teams playing a different style. That doesn't make a team.

If he chose those 7 new players, then he got it wrong. If a " committee " bought them, then they ought to be sacked.

still ....IMO it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of wallies.:D I'd swap a place in Europe..... just to finish above them this season.

I seriously, seriously doubt we would lost MP to a club that is only 3 points above us and has a worse goal difference of 11. They may be a 'bigger club' but the league table doesn't say so.

However, if he does happen to leave, we're in a position where we can cope. No more Paul Sturrocks for us thank you. Cortese would line up an excellent replacement (whom nobody has heard of, but who does a cracking job nonetheless). I'm the tiniest bit concerned, but not worried.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Lol

Wheels proper fallen off the Spuds outfit. You do not reap immediately where one has sown. AVB is the most successful Spuds manager for a generation, and remain in top 4 contention, in the quarter finals of the FA cup and fielding a squad of new blokes who will need time to gel.

If Spuds buy out MP's contract I hope NC gets AVB in on a free, he is a good manager.

They all want De Boer

I cant see Levy signing Poch to be honest, he's had one good ten game spell with us - he'll need to do it for at least a full season unless Levy does it again and goes for a manager with no proven credentials

De Boer has turned a few "top jobs" down I think. Still Tottenham might convince him I suppose.

Very difficult to know what to make of AVB. Good career before he came to England, undone by player power at Chelski. From his cryptic remarks last night, he might not have had say over who Spurs bought with the Bale money. Some might argue the a Welsh wonder has made a few managers look better than they are.

Whatever, if there's some alchemy to getting a team to gel, he doesn't seem to have it. Respect issue?

I seriously, seriously doubt we would lost MP to a club that is only 3 points above us and has a worse goal difference of 11. They may be a 'bigger club' but the league table doesn't say so.

However, if he does happen to leave, we're in a position where we can cope. No more Paul Sturrocks for us thank you. Cortese would line up an excellent replacement (whom nobody has heard of, but who does a cracking job nonetheless). I'm the tiniest bit concerned, but not worried.

I don't think MP will go, mainly because NC will not let it happen now and MP will probably think he might as well hang in with us and wait for something better (ie not worth fighting Cortese over). At this point I don't see MP as being so ravenously ambitious that he will jump at the first chance.

But who knows? In fairness in the next two/three years what is MP going to be offered that is bigger than Spurs?