Yoshida

Shaw

Wanyama

Morgan

JRod

Lallana

Davis

Rickie

None of this defensive minded business, do that and we'll get hammered. Might as well give them a good go with our first choice XI.

Boruc

Chambers

Fonte

Yoshida

Shaw

Wanyama

Morgan

JRod

Lallana

Davis

Rickie

None of this defensive minded business, do that and we'll get hammered. Might as well give them a good go with our first choice XI.

Not really, Arsenal only have 1 striker, the majority of their goals come from midfield and that's where they need to be closed down. Cut them off at source. We need to go 4-3-3 here, it's the only way to hold Arsenal, if you go gung-ho their midfield will get too much space and destroy you.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Boruc

Chambers

Fonte

Yoshida

Shaw

Wanyama

Morgan

JRod

Lallana

Davis

Rickie

Chambers instead of Clyne as first choice?

Chambers is good, but Clyne is in a different level!

Not really, Arsenal only have 1 striker, the majority of their goals come from midfield and that's where they need to be closed down. Cut them off at source. We need to go 4-3-3 here, it's the only way to hold Arsenal, if you go gung-ho their midfield will get too much space and destroy you.

4-3-3? Surely that's more attacking than my suggestion?

Our usual formation gives us a lot more stability as you have 2 holding and the ability for 3 advanced midfielders to drop deeper (especially Davis) if we are under the cosh. We also need both RL and JR on as Rickie can hold it up and JRod can give us some relief with our pace.

Plus, we've haven't played 4-3-3 this season, it would be a bit silly to start against the league leaders at home....all I'm advocating is to stick to what we know as we have seen we can beat the big teams playing that system.

We lost 2-0 at the Emirates but for a large part of the game we dominated their midfield playing that system.

Chambers instead of Clyne as first choice?

Chambers is good, but Clyne is in a different level!

I actually think Chambers is better defensively, just my opinion. I obviously think both are great, but don't think there is that much difference between the two.

4-3-3? Surely that's more attacking than my suggestion?

Our usual formation gives us a lot more stability as you have 2 holding and the ability for 3 advanced midfielders to drop deeper (especially Davis) if we are under the cosh. We also need both RL and JR on as Rickie can hold it up and JRod can give us some relief with our pace.

Plus, we've haven't played 4-3-3 this season, it would be a bit silly to start against the league leaders at home....all I'm advocating is to stick to what we know as we have seen we can beat the big teams playing that system.

We lost 2-0 at the Emirates but for a large part of the game we dominated their midfield playing that system.

There's defensive 4-3-3 and attacking 4-3-3, depends on the composition of the 3 most forward, if we were to put Lallana,Chambers and JRod there that gives us an extra lad who we know can defend very well and yet is still pretty handy going forward. They'll probably have Podolski on the left of their attack and with a Chambers/Clyne tandem he's be totally snuffed out. Thus taking a lot of pressure off Maya who'll doubtlessly be left side CB.

Why the f*ck would you want Jrod to start up front on his own? he's dreadful there

Boruc

Clyne

Fonte

Yoshida

Shaw

Wanyama

Morgan

JRod

Lallana

Davis

Rickie

Better than Rickie lost his legs lambert, thank god you don't pick the team.

Better than Rickie lost his legs lambert, thank god you don't pick the team.

JRod is better than Rickie up front on his own? Not a chance.

Thank god you don't pick the team and thank god Potch hasn't started playing JRod up top on his own in the League. Against Yeovil it was plainly obvious Jay is not ready to play that role full time.

Nonsense

Exactly, there really isn't much between the two I don't think. Clyne better going forward, Chambers better defensively is how I view it.

Clyne probably edges it, but Chambers is hardly 'nowhere near as good'.

Hopefully...

Boruc

Clyne-Fonte-Yoshida-Shaw

Wanyama - Schneiderlin

Davis - Lallana - Rodriguez

Lambert

Would be tempted to give Gallagher his debut start but probably not fair to do that against an experienced Arsenal defense.

This... Except Id rather see Cork play then Wanyama... Id rather integrate Wanyama slowly rather than start him against a top team when he hasnt played football in ages!

Id like Gallagher to be given a run out tbh, maybe in the closing stages of the game though.

JRod is better than Rickie up front on his own? Not a chance.

Thank god you don't pick the team and thank god Potch hasn't started playing JRod up top on his own in the League. Against Yeovil it was plainly obvious Jay is not ready to play that role full time.

Agree about rickie holds ball up better. J rod is good on the left. But Clyne is great defensively. Never makes mistake.

Boruc

Chambers - Fonte - Yoshi - Shaw

Cork - Morgan

JRod - Davis - Lallana

Lambert

As highly as I rate Clyne, I'd be tempted to start with the more defence minded Chambers first and bring Clyne on to run at them with half an hour left. I was also tempted to give Gallagher a start up front but I think Arsenal might just be too big a step up for the moment.

No shame in losing to the best Arsenal team in years, but I really think we can give them a game.

Clyne to start. Picking up their movement between the lines will be the most important thing, so it's up to Pochettino to decide who is best equipped out of Cork and Wanyama to operate smoothly with Morgan and make sure the channels are blocked as much as possible. I'd probably go with Wanyama myself.

They'll play a high line so Rodriguez is an option up top but I'd always start with Lambert at home.

hahahahhah, how can you have a striker that can't pass, has a poor touch and can't finish very well? deary me!

Plays on the wing/RAM because he's fast

Majority would have more faith in Jay scoring the goals than Ricke..

But not as a target man.

useless playing with a target man against the Arse, you need to play them on the deck, Koscielny and Mertesacker will just hoover up anything above a metre off the ground. Chelsea, City and Utd are the only sides to get decent results against Arsenal of late and they don't hoof to a target man.,

Doesn't matter who we put out I think we will get dicked.

We drew with them last season at St. Mary's with this line-up...

• 31 Boruc
  • 03 Yoshida
  • 06 Fonte
  • 23 Shaw
  • 04 Schneiderlin Booked
  • 08 S Davis
  • 10 Ramirez (Ward-Prowse - 77' )
  • 18 Cork
  • 21 Guly (De Ridder - 83' Booked )
  • 42 Puncheon
  • 07 Lambert (Rodriguez - 74' )

[h=4]Substitutes[/h]

• 01 K Davis
  • 05 Hooiveld
  • 22 Richardson
  • 16 Ward-Prowse
  • 33 De Ridder
  • 09 Rodriguez
  • 24 Mayuka

can only see an arsenal win

2-1 to arsenal

they have goals all over the park and we will miss a fully fit wanyama and obviously, lovren BIG TIME

Well we played them at the Emirates without Lovren, and even though we didn't deserve to win, aside from two individual errors we would have been worth a point.

I have full hope in Cork too, even though Wanyama is a miss.

Plus, we're at home now, so we have the advantage :)

useless playing with a target man against the Arse, you need to play them on the deck, Koscielny and Mertesacker will just hoover up anything above a metre off the ground. Chelsea, City and Utd are the only sides to get decent results against Arsenal of late and they don't hoof to a target man.,

Target man or not, JRod has looked like a snake at an arse kicking contest whenever he's been asked to lead the line. It's got to be Lambert up front and if he isn't available then Osv.... Shar... Barn... Mayu.... Gallagher?

We drew with them last season at St. Mary's with this line-up...

• 31 Boruc
  • 03 Yoshida
  • 06 Fonte
  • 23 Shaw
  • 04 Schneiderlin Booked
  • 08 S Davis
  • 10 Ramirez (Ward-Prowse - 77' )
  • 18 Cork
  • 21 Guly (De Ridder - 83' Booked )
  • 42 Puncheon
  • 07 Lambert (Rodriguez - 74' )

[h=4]Substitutes[/h]

• 01 K Davis
  • 05 Hooiveld
  • 22 Richardson
  • 16 Ward-Prowse
  • 33 De Ridder
  • 09 Rodriguez
  • 24 Mayuka

Arsenal are a much better side now, don't roll out their line up from last year, it is undeniable.

Arsenal are a much better side now, don't roll out their line up from last year, it is undeniable.

So are Man City but we still took a point off them this season at St Mary's. I'd have them down as the best team in the league, even if their away form has been sketchy. A result of some kind is definitely on the cards, Arsenal might be better but so are we.

So are Man City but we still took a point off them this season at St Mary's. I'd have them down as the best team in the league, even if their away form has been sketchy. A result of some kind is definitely on the cards, Arsenal might be better but so are we.

Oh yeah I don't deny that, not saying we can't get a result, but can also see why people think we won't get a result, Arsenal are a completely different animal this season.

Target man or not, JRod has looked like a snake at an arse kicking contest whenever he's been asked to lead the line. It's got to be Lambert up front and if he isn't available then Osv.... Shar... Barn... Mayu.... Gallagher?

Absolutely... JRod is clueless as a lone striker.. and we don't hoof the ball to Lambert, he controls the ball perfectly wherever you give it to him. Unless he's injured he has to play.. otherwise why not give Gallagher a run up there.

Boruc

Chambers - Fonte - Yoshida - Shaw

Cork - Schneiderlin

JWP - Davis - Lallana

JRod

Subs: Kelvin, Clyne (see what I did there?), Hooiveld, Wanyama, Reed, Lambert, Gallagher

That's pants, trousers.

:)

Edited by goneawol