THE VMAN

thorpie the sinner

Looks like everyone will be disappointed. You only have to listen to MP yesterday to see the message he was giving.

Nutshell: We trust the young players to step up, and finding the kind of players we want isn't easy so will wait til the summer.

You only have to look at the other transfers happening, hardly any involve good players.

The January windows has been a massive let down for just about every club in the league so far, Ive not noticed a single signing where I thought we should be in for that. The only quality players moving about are going for crazy money to desperate teams. Our season is fizzling out into mid table nothingness so why waste the money on players now? Kepp the powder dry and let the kids build some game time while we plan some summer moves.

The January windows has been a massive let down for just about every club in the league so far, Ive not noticed a single signing where I thought we should be in for that. The only quality players moving about are going for crazy money to desperate teams. Our season is fizzling out into mid table nothingness so why waste the money on players now? Kepp the powder dry and let the kids build some game time while we plan some summer moves.

The only one I thought was maybe Zaha. Showed a lot of potential previoulsy but has been left to rot at Man Utd! But it's hard to know how he'll adapt to prem football. He would have been far better staying put at Palace!

It's a let down because of the utterly pointless build up Sky give it.

its a let down as we have a weak squad

Possibly, but this window hasn't changed that much.

Of the players that left, none had an impact here. Zilch.

Fox wasn't good enough, people cried when he was in the team. Barnard, Sharp, Lee, Martin haven't played a game for us in over 2 years. They offered NO value to the squad what so ever. Puncheon isn't here, so letting him go for good makes utterly no difference to us.

Arguably, the only departure that makes some kind of impact is Osvaldo. But tell me, what impact did he have here other than punching people? He was ineffective and Lambert was preferred to him more often than not.

The squad that got us off to the start is still here and is still playing regularly. Of the players we let go, none of them have had a meaningful contribute to our season - or even last 2 seasons. It doesn't make the squad weaker as they wouldn't have contributed anyway.

Possibly, but this window hasn't changed that much.

Of the players that left, none had an impact here. Zilch.

Fox wasn't good enough, people cried when he was in the team. Barnard, Sharp, Lee, Martin haven't played a game for us in over 2 years. They offered NO value to the squad what so ever. Puncheon isn't here, so letting him go for good makes utterly no difference to us.

Arguably, the only departure that makes some kind of impact is Osvaldo. But tell me, what impact did he have here other than punching people? He was ineffective and Lambert was preferred to him more often than not.

The squad that got us off to the start is still here and is still playing regularly. Of the players we let go, none of them have had a meaningful contribute to our season - or even last 2 seasons. It doesn't make the squad weaker as they wouldn't have contributed anyway.

I broadly agree S Clarke, bar one spectacular goal and the opener v Palace Osvaldo has added little and we always feared problems given his track record. No doubt on his talent but attitudinally awful. The others did a grand job at L1 and NPC levels but sensible to settle on wages to free them up to play and free a pathway for Reed, Gallagher and co. We still have three or four huge squad gaps but we had those on 31 December. Targett might solve one of them. CB is still an issue but we tried Forren this time last year and it didn't work out whereas playing the longer game for Lovren did. The one area where we might be missing a trick is trying to get one of our striker targets on loan if they are non-PL/UK to see if they adapt and then decide on buying in June. With Rickie struggling for fitness, Gallagher would still get plenty of game time. Guess we'll have to give Guly another run if injuries strike.

its a let down as we have a weak squad

a week squad that is in the top ten of one of the strongest leagues in the world? The squad isn't week it's more than adequate for a mid table prem team and is showing significant improvement from this time last year.

a week squad that is in the top ten of one of the strongest leagues in the world? The squad isn't week it's more than adequate for a mid table prem team and is showing significant improvement from this time last year.

Erm, we were second until our first team players started getting injured. Our first team is outstanding but our squad is appalling for a mid table side.

It usually is a let down. I tend to agree, we're relatively safe, plan for the summer and next season. This is the first time I can remember where we are in a position to give the youngsters some experience of playing in the big time. :)

no one is comming in so don't spend all day smashing the F5 on your keyboards, go out and live your lives. We have cleared the decks and have money in the bank ready to go in the summer when prices are not ott and players are more willing to leave . COYRS

Amen

no one is comming in so don't spend all day smashing the F5 on your keyboards, go out and live your lives. We have cleared the decks and have money in the bank ready to go in the summer when prices are not ott and players are more willing to leave . COYRS

I'm intrigued to know whats changed from 2 days ago when Mopo seemed to suggest we would definitely be bringing one in. My personal guess is that we were confident in signing Holtby but he ended up at Fulham.

As you're being argumentative Gallagher missed an absolute sitter then looked half dead after 45mins and Yosh was pretty poor. Cork was admittedly good, though no one is implying our squad is weak in DM.

Notice you haven't pointed out the mid table team with a much stronger squad than us though which kind of implies we have a decent mid table squad which hopefully we can build on with one or two in the summer.

Notice you haven't pointed out the mid table team with a much stronger squad than us though which kind of implies we have a decent mid table squad which hopefully we can build on with one or two in the summer.

I can't reply to every post bro, especially one where no one can provide a remotely definitive answer either way. I could say Newcastle and you could go "lulz no they're not wtf", it seems a rather pointless affair.