Will we beat our 2002/03 points total?

Sheaf Saint

Just looking back through the records... Our cup final season under WGS we finished 8th (where we are now) with 52 points. 13 wins, 13 draws, 12 defeats, and a -3 GD.

As of now we only need to get another 14 points from our remaining 12 games to beat this. Of those 12 games we only have to play 5 teams that are currently above us, and 3 of those are at home, with visits to Spurs and Man City the only really tricky away games.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if we get closer to 60 points and manage to get above Man Utd for 7th. That would be our best league finish since 1990.

Edit: I've just noticed somebody has posted on another thread that we currently have exactly the same W/D/L/Pts record as we did at this stage in 2003. We only won 3 of our last 12 that time, and we also suffered that 6-1 defeat at Arsenal which wiped out our positive GD. I'm extremely confident we can better that this year.

Edited by Sheaf Saint

The difficult thing will be maintaining intensity.

If we carry on in the cup, that will take our focus away from the league, although conversely if we get knocked out on Saturday it might deflate us for the final few months. Either way, we have little to strive for in the league.

We will at least match Strachan's team - current team is better than that team - but I am not sure it will be by much.

We will play so many teams who will need a win more than us.

8th/9th will do me and lets try and at least get to a Wembley semi.

I'd fancy us to finish on 57 points in 8th. Just behind Utd.

5 wins - Cardiff, Norwich, Palace, Newcastle, Villa

3 draws - WHU, Swansea, Everton

4 losses - Utd, Liverpool, City, Tottenham

Hope my maths adds up!

You're being fairly conservative there as well, WHU, Swansea, Everton, United and Liverpool are all winnable games.

I'd fancy us to finish on 57 points in 8th. Just behind Utd.

5 wins - Cardiff, Norwich, Palace, Newcastle, Villa

3 draws - WHU, Swansea, Everton

4 losses - Utd, Liverpool, City, Tottenham

Hope my maths adds up!

I dont see us losing to ManYoo.

They will have nothing to play for by then, I reckon, and with the WC coming up, the likes of Rooney and Van Persie will be totally off the boil.

I want to get to the last game where a win takes us above Man U, that would be great after they sent us down on the last day.

So do I just to get them back a bit for what they were singing when they beat us in the cup at home in the relegation season, we played them at home last game then.

I want to get to the last game where a win takes us above Man U, that would be great after they sent us down on the last day.

While I agree with this, I´m thinking about another scenario too.

What if they get on a run (seems very unlikely now though unfortunately) where they could finish 4th if they beat us on the last day but we have the chance to make them miss out on it....??

To miss the 4th spot in a situation like that would hurt them much more than a game determing if they finish 7th or 8th...

What if they get on a run (seems very unlikely now though unfortunately) where they could finish 4th if they beat us on the last day but we have the chance to make them miss out on it....??

To miss the 4th spot in a situation like that would hurt them much more than a game determing if they finish 7th or 8th...

My ideal scenario payback for relegation.

You're a perv, but I like it...

:poundit: :poundit: :poundit:

LOVE this!

Regardless of of what form or run Man Utd are in by the time we play them I fancy our chances of beating anyone at home.

Over the the last two seasons at home we've beaten and drawn with Man City, beaten Liverpool, beaten Chelsea once (lost once), drawn with Arsenal twice (and should have beaten them) and narrowly lost to a Utd team on what our third game back in the prem.

Against that big 5 at home that is P8, W3, D3, L2.

The only games we will probably loose at Man City away and Spurs away, even then Spurs have been better away from home than at WHL this season and it took a Bale wonder goal to beat us there last year.

We certainly are capable of winning all our remaining home games (we obviously won't), and more than capable of beating the likes of Palace, Villa, Swansea, West Ham away.

If we avoid the type of sluggish performances like we had last year against QPR then I reckon we could pick up 20-21 points from those remaining games.

That has been my dream all season :)

I dont see us losing to ManYoo.

They will have nothing to play for by then, I reckon, and with the WC coming up, the likes of Rooney and Van Persie will be totally off the boil.

I dont see us Winning to ManYoo.

We will have nothing to play for by then, I reckon, and with the WC coming up, the likes of SRL, Lallana, Cork, Shaw, JWP, Clyne, Chambers, JRod and Gallagher will be totally off the boil.

Before the start of the season I had us down for a rather optimistic 63 points. not totally out of the question now though with a few winable games to come.I think around the 54 points mark will be where we end up.

I have been saying 55 points since the start of the season, but I am going the other way, I think we will finish on 57 points.

• 1 month later...
Will we have an open top bus tour of the city to celebrate?

Our most expensive side ever, gets more points than we did in 2002... Wow, who'd have thought :?

Pressume we have to ignore our points totals in 2007 (75 points) + 2009 (73) + 2010 (92) + 2011 (88 )?

Seriously, you are dying on here right now. Give it up fella, it's painful watching you! Cringeworthy stuff!

7 more points needed and 9 games left to get them. I'll be very surprised if we don't at least match it now.

15mar14_zps7e28b401.jpg

I'd say the obvious pattern guarantees us at least 7 more points with a potential of 3 other 'top of the table opponent' draws...

Our most expensive side ever, gets more points than we did in 2002... Wow, who'd have thought :?

Pressume we have to ignore our points totals in 2007 (75 points) + 2009 (73) + 2010 (92) + 2011 (88 )?

Is that really the best you've got? I used to be a fan, Glasgow, but you're not giving us much to work with any more. You're running on empty. You're a joke, a has-been. Yesterday's news.

I'm embarrassed for you. Time to re-invent yourself again fella.

Please, Please, by all that is holy, will you F**k off and die a horrible miserable skate death?

Glasgow is a breath of fresh air in a forum of high fiving mediocre boring carpet wearing Deidre marrying allegro driving sandal wearing Justins.

What's wrong with you people? Do I have to pick up a Tolkien book to find some quality trolls?! You can tell from your posts that your heart isn't in it anymore. So sad to see inventive and enthusiastic trolling being replaced by tedious automatisms and a lack of creativity.

What's wrong with you people? Do I have to pick up a Tolkien book to find some quality trolls?! You can tell from your posts that your heart isn't in it anymore. So sad to see inventive and enthusiastic trolling being replaced by tedious automatisms and a lack of creativity.

Are you wearing a cape?

Glasgow is a breath of fresh air in a forum of high fiving mediocre boring carpet wearing Deidre marrying allegro driving sandal wearing Justins.

This. I know some are young, but it's almost as if the 80s didn't actually happen for some.

"8th place? Wow, unbelievable, never happened here ever!!!!!"

Does make me laugh.... The same self appointed 'sensible' posters that "got over" the cup exits instantly and told us all to move on again and again and again are now getting hard at the thought of beating our 2002 points totals. I'm sure there is some irony in there somewhere.

The same posters that keep trying to convince us (and themselves) that the season isn't over - "we have everything to play for" are now celebrating a points tally as equal to an fa cup or Champions league medal. :lol:

Does make me laugh.... The same self appointed 'sensible' posters that "got over" the cup exits instantly and told us all to move on again and again and again are now getting hard at the thought of beating our 2002 points totals. I'm sure there is some irony in there somewhere.

The same posters that keep trying to convince us (and themselves) that the season isn't over - "we have everything to play for" are now celebrating a points tally as equal to an fa cup or Champions league medal. :lol:

We're talking about the potential difference of £3 million in prize money for every place this season... That matters.

GS, don't try and pretend you understand irony. Do you hurt when we lose? No, you come on here and moan. Are you joyous when we win? No, you find something to be negative about. You are not a Saints fan. That is obvious. You are a c**k.

You seem like a lovely person.

Mods: Is this acceptable?

Do we need aggressive trolls like this?

I am quite happy to argue those two statements with a mod. I think I have displayed patience and understanding in previous posts. What exactly have BS and Gs displayed? Anyone?

I am quite happy to argue those two statements with a mod. I think I have displayed patience and understanding in previous posts. What exactly have BS and Gs displayed? Anyone?

Yes, your patience and understanding definitely shone through when you shouted "knob" and "cock" at others.

That's when you lost any sort of credibility.

You seem like a lovely person.

Mods: Is this acceptable?

Do we need aggressive trolls like this?

He's upset.... He was banned as dibden Purlieu saint, then outed as Unbelievable Jeff and already a joke as goat boy. He blames me for all this and wants to meet me so we can become best friends forever

He's just frustrated

He's upset.... He was banned as dibden Purlieu saint, then outed as Unbelievable Jeff and already a joke as goat boy. He blames me for all this and wants to meet me so we can become best friends forever

He's just frustrated

Really? From one game a year GS? Grow up.

The thing is its about fairness, I could not go around saying that and I wouldn't anyway, hold your tongue and dont be so rude.

lost credibility? compared to GS and BS? I think I'll survive.

You do seem to have a bee in your bonnet about Glasgow. Very strange for a "new" poster. Do you have anything to say about your aggressive knob" and "cock" brandings? Or is that justifiable abuse, while moaning about others?

Anybody trying to claim the high ground with a "you sir" routine on an internet forum needs to get out more.

LOL at your 7000 posts. How do you find time to appreciate how wonderful Liverpool is when you are on here all the time?