Still angry after Sunderland?

9-3

Because we could have got to Wembley, maybe even twice. And have got into Europe.

You do realise we ain't winning the league anytime soon, don't you?

ok Wembley would be nice, still a leap of faith if you thought we would have got there. The biggest game of the season IMO was Arsenal away where. Borucs gaff put a pin in the balloon

ok Wembley would be nice, still a leap of faith if you thought we would have got there. The biggest game of the season IMO was Arsenal away where. Borucs gaff put a pin in the balloon

But we were never going anywhere in the League so, to me, Boruc's gaffe is irrelevant, whereas I genuinely believed we had a half decent chance (draw permitting) of winning the Cup. Surely the leap of faith is more pertinent in the Cup than the League. We have hit our glass ceiling there, big time.

It's a leap of faith to think that we could have gotten to Wembley had we gotten past Sunderland?

Ok then.

But we were never going anywhere in the League so, to me, Boruc's gaffe is irrelevant, whereas I genuinely believed we had a half decent chance (draw permitting) of winning the Cup. Surely the leap of faith is more pertinent in the Cup than the League. We have hit our glass ceiling there, big time.

When we went to Arsenal we were looking pretty good. IMO that result took a bit of belief away. Yes we could have progressed in the cup, but if you were told Saints were to play a bottom 3team with 9 changes and we had 3 you would expect to at least draw. Had we put away just 1of our fairly simple chances we would have had a result. I would have played all the best 11 on the day, but the team put out should have easily coped.

If we'd have beaten Hull we would have been at Wembley.
lol. Yep. Your idea of going to Wembley is not mine. I have watched us lose in semis before and I don't think it would make any easier having it played at Wembley. I still feel the scars of 84

Yeah, that Arsenal game will turn out to be the difference between us finishing eighth or ninth, and us finishing eighth or ninth.

If we'd have beaten Hull we would have been at Wembley.

seriously can't believe this is still going on. The side put out should have won - they had enough to beat that Sunderland side, but failed to perform, end of. The only possible reason to even bring this up is those that have the agenda/wind up desire to criticise Pochetino.

Why not just give you honest opinion on MP and be done with it. If your opinion on MP is swung by that selection, you know feck all about football....

seriously can't believe this is still going on. The side put out should have won - they had enough to beat that Sunderland side' date=' but failed to perform, end of. [b']The only possible reason to even bring this up is those that have the agenda/wind up desire to criticise Pochetino.

[/b]

Why not just give you honest opinion on MP and be done with it. If your opinion on MP is swung by that selection, you know feck all about football....

No. It really isn't, and if you truly believe that you're a bit simple.

The FA Cup was the only realistic thing we could have won this season. A trip to Wembley in the semis and/or the final was at stake. Neither Sunderland nor Saints prioritised it and both put out sub-strength sides.

Just because people have a different opinion to you as to what they would have liked to have seen prioritised, its pretty sad you have to resort to childish accusations of dark and mysterious "agendas". If we had put out a full strength side and lost then, fair enough, we weren't good enough on the day. As it was, we didn't do that, and some feel that we left a bit out.

My opinion on MP is that he's a very good manager for us, I hope he stays, but he didn't prioritise the FA Cup for this season. If you think that's 100% wrong then you might want to look deeper in the mirror for who actually knows feck all about football.

seriously can't believe this is still going on. The side put out should have won - they had enough to beat that Sunderland side, but failed to perform, end of. The only possible reason to even bring this up is those that have the agenda/wind up desire to criticise Pochetino.

I appreciate that you're not the sharpest tool in the box so I'll make this very clear to you; my view of MP hasn't changed, I still think he's utterly brilliant but that doesn't alter the fact that I'm still narked over the decisions made before that game which cost us a genuine shot at Wembley.

Clear enough for your feeble brain?

lol. Yep. Your idea of going to Wembley is not mine. I have watched us lose in semis before and I don't think it would make any easier having it played at Wembley. I still feel the scars of 84

So do I but the simple fact is that we had a shot at Wembley and we f**ked it up and after dragging my sorry carcass up to Wearside I'm still p***ed off by it.

No. It really isn't, and if you truly believe that you're a bit simple.

The FA Cup was the only realistic thing we could have won this season. A trip to Wembley in the semis and/or the final was at stake. Neither Sunderland nor Saints prioritised it and both put out sub-strength sides.

Just because people have a different opinion to you as to what they would have liked to have seen prioritised, its pretty sad you have to resort to childish accusations of dark and mysterious "agendas". If we had put out a full strength side and lost then, fair enough, we weren't good enough on the day. As it was, we didn't do that, and some feel that we left a bit out.

My opinion on MP is that he's a very good manager for us, I hope he stays, but he didn't prioritise the FA Cup for this season. If you think that's 100% wrong then you might want to look deeper in the mirror for who actually knows feck all about football.

oh oh grow up you big drama queen, stop taking the forum so seriously (as the forum elite like to spout) that side was strong, you know it , I know it. Whether MP though the cup was a priority or not, the side did not perform, they could have done and should have done... They did not. And sorry but you know as well as I do that we have several primadonna WUM/trolls who like nothing better than to present the most negative case possible at every opportunity. If you can't see them, then you are truly a bit daft... And the one who takes this all too seriously. So stop being such a patronizing yet gullible **** and admit for once that that side was more than capable of winning... That has feck all to do with defending MP, just a fact... It was Sunderlands second 11....

I remain a huge fan of Pochettino, clearly he has been brilliant for us. I have no agenda against him.

I do, however, have an agenda against you, as you are a tediously pompous feeble minded gimp.

I appreciate that you're not the sharpest tool in the box so I'll make this very clear to you; my view of MP hasn't changed, I still think he's utterly brilliant but that doesn't alter the fact that I'm still narked over the decisions made before that game which cost us a genuine shot at Wembley.

Clear enough for your feeble brain?

oh stop being so melodramatic, like a bunch of decking kids... Seriously, that side should have own, they played **** and were beaten... End of. And FYI, re the sharpest tool etc... My dads bigger than your... Go back to the play ground and we can compare degrees and postgrad qualifications if you like....

oh stop being so melodramatic' date=' like a bunch of decking kids... Seriously, that side should have own, they played **** and were beaten... End of. And FYI, re the sharpest tool etc... My dads bigger than your... Go back to the play ground and we can compare degrees and postgrad qualifications if you like....[/quote']

You'd lose that as well you boring, thick, tedious pr*ck.

oh oh grow up you big drama queen' date=' stop taking the forum so seriously (as the forum elite like to spout) that side was strong, you know it , I know it. Whether MP though the cup was a priority or not, the side did not perform, they could have done and should have done... They did not. And sorry but you know as well as I do that we have several primadonna WUM/trolls who like nothing better than to present the most negative case possible at every opportunity. If you can't see them, then you are truly a bit daft... And the one who takes this all too seriously. So stop being such a patronizing yet gullible **** and admit for once that that side was more than capable of winning... That has feck all to do with defending MP, just a fact... It was Sunderlands second 11....[/quote']

Dry your eyes Frankie, you seem to be getting a bit upset about other s having differing opinions to you.

Sad to see also that in your quest to throw even more accusations around you failed to read the part where I stated that both sides played weakened sides, and both sides showed a lack of priority for the FA cup. Also sad to see that you're either unwilling or, more likely, incapable of realising that this is the part that irks some the most. hey ho. Carry on with the insults though old boy, they're quite humourous.

Reading the past few posts back again, it would seem that Frank has been on the red wine again tonight. He does tend to get a bit aggressive when he's been on the grapes. Chin up Frankie, old chap.

I suggest in the cold light of day you may not feel so great either. The aggression is uncalled for FC had a couple of spiteful posts thrown at him.H e did not cast the first stone IMO. At the end of the day I think we all see the opportunity to get to play Hull away was lost, who was at fault is where we mainly differ. The team did not perform IMO ,wheras I take it others think the manager was at fault due to the team selection.

I suggest in the cold light of day you may not feel so great either. The aggression is uncalled for FC had a couple of spiteful posts thrown at him.H e did not cast the first stone IMO. At the end of the day I think we all see the opportunity to get to play Hull away was lost, who was at fault is where we mainly differ. The team did not perform IMO ,wheras I take it others think the manager was at fault due to the team selection.

Sober as a judge myself, Nicholas. Don't tar others by your own expectations.

And the choices you lay down aren't mutually exclusive. The team picked wasn't full strength. The team picked didn't perform to their known expectations. The reasons are unknown, but it all led to a completely lacklustre display in all departments. Not sure what else there is to say.

I'm also not sure why it causes such ire in others that some people have a wish that we had put this match as a massive priority.

Isnt it the managers job to motivate, setup and ultimately get the best from them?

To exclude mopo from any blame is naive and somewhat predictable from the mopo apologists.

Mopo's whole attitude to the day was wrong, didnt do any of the pre match stuff - why? Looked bored as he sat slumped on the bench, played a weakened team - why, Guly - why? The list goes on

Form hasnt been great recently, but performances have been consistant.... Until Sunderland. Coincidence?

Senior players were not happy after the game and mopo got both barrels...... He's now also aware of how the fans felt. Does he care? Doubt it

Isnt it the managers job to motivate, setup and ultimately get the best from them?

To exclude mopo from any blame is naive and somewhat predictable from the mopo apologists.

Mopo's whole attitude to the day was wrong, didnt do any of the pre match stuff - why? Looked bored as he sat slumped on the bench, played a weakened team - why, Guly - why? The list goes on

Form hasnt been great recently, but performances have been consistant.... Until Sunderland. Coincidence?

Senior players were not happy after the game and mopo got both barrels...... He's now also aware of how the fans felt. Does he care? Doubt it

You cannot stop your made up theories. I do not believe the manager got both barrels, especially as the senior players were on the pitch. I do not mind a fair debate but don't make up things and repeat them to try and make them truth

You cannot stop your made up theories. I do not believe the manager got both barrels, especially as the senior players were on the pitch. I do not mind a fair debate but don't make up things and repeat them to try and make them truth

Which bit(s) were made up from GS's statement?

oh oh grow up you big drama queen' date=' stop taking the forum so seriously (as the forum elite like to spout) that side was strong, you know it , I know it. Whether MP though the cup was a priority or not, the side did not perform, they could have done and should have done... They did not. And sorry but you know as well as I do that we have several primadonna WUM/trolls who like nothing better than to present the most negative case possible at every opportunity. If you can't see them, then you are truly a bit daft... And the one who takes this all too seriously. So stop being such a patronizing yet gullible **** and admit for once that that side was more than capable of winning... That has feck all to do with defending MP, just a fact... It was Sunderlands second 11....[/quote']

Why is it so hard for you to admit the manager f*cked up? Every single pundit has said they don't understand the team selection, do you think you know better than Le Tiss, Lineker etc?

On paper the team against Sunderland wasn't too bad but it was not our strongest and the first teamers that played were not at their best because it was their third game in a week. We should have changed things around in the meaningless game against Hull and played a fresh, well prepared first eleven against Sunderland - that is screamingly obvious.

Saints have won one single major trophy in over 125 years. Trips to Wembley for fans like us come around once in a blue moon. If Leibherr sells up in the summer to some bunch of chancers and we end up skint again we could quite easily not get another chance like that of silverware or even a Wembley final in our lifetime.

Edited by aintforever

MoPo ****ed up end off. Why? - who knows but he made decisions that lead to our defeat inc picking Kelvin Davis, making Jesus to do the PR and sending on McQueen for Lallana, all of which proves he couldn't really give a fig. But who are we to complain - it's not allowed on here or so says Old Nick and young NickG and uncle Tom Cobley. Presumably they would have us all hung for heresy. I would love to be waking up early in the morning for the drive to Hull. I remain ****ed off. Sorry

Why is it so hard for you to admit the manager f*cked up? Every single pundit has said they don't understand the team selection, do you think you know better than Le Tiss, Lineker etc?

On paper the team against Sunderland wasn't too bad but it was not our strongest and the first teamers that played were not at their best because it was their third game in a week. We should have changed things around in the meaningless game against Hull and played a fresh, well prepared first eleven against Sunderland - that is screamingly obvious.

Saints have won one single major trophy in over 125 years. Trips to Wembley for fans like us come around once in a blue moon. If Leibherr sells up in the summer to some bunch of chancers and we end up skint again we could quite easily not get another chance like that of silverware or even a Wembley final in our lifetime.

This and then this again - nutshell!

MoPo ****ed up end off. Why? - who knows but he made decisions that lead to our defeat inc picking Kelvin Davis, making Jesus to do the PR and sending on McQueen for Lallana, all of which proves he couldn't really give a fig. But who are we to complain - it's not allowed on here or so says Old Nick and young NickG and uncle Tom Cobley. Presumably they would have us all hung for heresy. I would love to be waking up early in the morning for the drive to Hull. I remain ****ed off. Sorry

This & that

This & that

You'll get called a troll for that.

Only by mindless morons like Frank and Aids and the idiotic brigade that align themselves with their laughable parade. But nonetheless, these witless wonders will throw their toys out nonetheless and throw aspersions left, right and centre to cover their own naivety..

Only by mindless morons like Frank and Aids and the idiotic brigade that align themselves with their laughable parade. But nonetheless, these witless wonders will throw their toys out nonetheless and throw aspersions left, right and centre to cover their own naivety..

They are predictable at least

Applause...

I keep reading on here how the negative "trolls" are ruining the site; well actually I think it is the clappers - with their abusive reactions to dissenting voices and their whining attempts to get posters banned - that are ruining the site; apparently only one opinion is allowed on here nowadays, the one that keeps making lame excuses for poor on- and off-field performance at the club.

Applause...

I keep reading on here how the negative "trolls" are ruining the site; well actually I think it is the clappers - with their abusive reactions to dissenting voices and their whining attempts to get posters banned - that are ruining the site; apparently only one opinion is allowed on here nowadays, the one that keeps making lame excuses for poor on- and off-field performance at the club.

Tick.

Applause...

On the money

I sometimes wonder if I am on a Saints forum:rolleyes:

Surrounded by soooo many PUPs and myth busters...AND some very unhappy TROLLS:mcinnes:

Whining and Whinging non Saints supporters..

Soooo glad I am a happy clapper......

SAINTS have won again:D

2016 for the FA cup...You heard it here first..

Well done Saints today on a deseved three points out of a difficult team and pitch.

COYS:):)

Tick and on the MONEY:p

Go to flucking bed ALPS and cheer up for :)FFS

Surrounded by soooo many PUPs and myth busters...AND some very unhappy TROLLS:mcinnes:

Well done Saints today on a deseved three points out of a difficult team and pitch.

COYS

APPLAUSE:D:D

sorreeee boyz and girlz......hit the button tooooo many times:blush:

This & that

What he said. After the draws that removed 3 or 4 of the best teams we weer in a very good position, and likely one that won't come again for decades.

Still, some might say it was all worth it for the improved perfornances that have come since then. Cemented us in 9th. Great. Overwhelmed. I don't agree.

(Mods: is it allowed to post without calling someone a **** or dickhead or *****?)

What he said. After the draws that removed 3 or 4 of the best teams we weer in a very good position, and likely one that won't come again for decades.

Still, some might say it was all worth it for the improved perfornances that have come since then. Cemented us in 9th. Great. Overwhelmed. I don't agree.

(Mods: is it allowed to post without calling someone a **** or dickhead or *****?)

Dickhead is allowed then!

That's because he is a troll. Quite a clever one as at least one other poster on here has noticed, but nontheless still a troll who has almost single handedly ruined the forum. Yeah - he's needed help from the normal crew, but I reckon he get's off most nights looking at the mess he's caused on here.

As for us, you know.... the idiotic brigade that align themselves with their laughable.... blah blah...... you know, us witless wonders..... toys and prams etc. Did it ever occur to your that perhaps we actually agree with you? Did it?

Guess what, we know the manager ****ed it up, we know the team were fukin shyte, we know that they blew the best chance we had of getting to Wembley in quite a few years - we know that. But after the event, we get it into perspective and move on - you know, to the next game - that's the beauty of football. It's also what most mature adults do.

So you can continue to troll on through this thread, whilst the rest of us look to the future. Once you get bored just go back a few years, remember the Spurs 2 - 6 game at the Dell, the Tranmere 4 - 3 game, you could spend weeks on the recriminations of those loses. I'm sure the troll will probably be able to link those to the current management as well - just for good measure. Knock yourselves out.

Anyway - being a bit of a witless wonder, I'm sorry to say that I'm way over Sunderland and have been for some time. Norwich next, and probably like all the other mindless morons like Frank and Aids, I'll be looking for a good performance and 3 points.

Oh and just to be well in with the lastest vogue, can I just add;

Tick.

That's because he is a troll. Quite a clever one as at least one other poster on here has noticed, but nontheless still a troll who has almost single handedly ruined the forum. Yeah - he's needed help from the normal crew, but I reckon he get's off most nights looking at the mess he's caused on here.

As for us, you know.... the idiotic brigade that align themselves with their laughable.... blah blah...... you know, us witless wonders..... toys and prams etc. Did it ever occur to your that perhaps we actually agree with you? Did it?

Guess what, we know the manager ****ed it up, we know the team were fukin shyte, we know that they blew the best chance we had of getting to Wembley in quite a few years - we know that. But after the event, we get it into perspective and move on - you know, to the next game - that's the beauty of football. It's also what most mature adults do.

So you can continue to troll on through this thread, whilst the rest of us look to the future. Once you get bored just go back a few years, remember the Spurs 2 - 6 game at the Dell, the Tranmere 4 - 3 game, you could spend weeks on the recriminations of those loses. I'm sure the troll will probably be able to link those to the current management as well - just for good measure. Knock yourselves out.

Anyway - being a bit of a witless wonder, I'm sorry to say that I'm way over Sunderland and have been for some time. Norwich next, and probably like all the other mindless morons like Frank and Aids, I'll be looking for a good performance and 3 points.

Oh and just to be well in with the lastest vogue, can I just add;

Tick.

It's quite funny that you blah blah blah throughout that, calling people who don't agree with you a troll. Is the line that fine for you? "Don't agree with me? You MUST be a troll". Weird way of thinking. very odd.

As for your "Guess what, we know the manager ****ed it up, we know the team were fukin shyte, we know that they blew the best chance we had of getting to Wembley in quite a few years - we know that. But after the event, we get it into perspective and move on - you know, to the next game - that's the beauty of football. It's also what most mature adults do. " comment. This is a serious question. What on earth do you think internet forums are for? Do you think it's just a nice little blazers club for the easily pleased to pat themselves on the back when things go right for them? Or do you think it's, you know a genuine place to come together to share opinions? It just seems that you, like many other, don't like hearing other views that are contrary (or even not) to your own. Do you think people won't talk about selections they don't agree with, and lament a possibly missed opportunity? Do you think people shouldn't actually talk about it? I'm wondering what you actually think the point of an internet forum is?

That seems slightly overly precious to me. Just my opinion of course, china.

Edited by The Kraken