Still angry after Sunderland?

9-3

That Sunderland FA Cup selection continues to be a source of massive frustration and division amongst the fans. So much for everyone together, all on the same bus. And for MoPo, that is a damning indictment of what he did that day. It remains the crassest error of his tenure, and one I will not be forgiving any day soon, in the same way as he will not apologise.

I cannot believe some are still banging on about this game. How about giving credit to Sunderland, who despite making a lot more changes than us actually played pretty well and fully deserved to win. The arrogance of some thinking we should have walked our way to Wembley is cringeworthy. We lost a 5th round cup game, it happens, move on!

I cannot believe some are still banging on about this game. How about giving credit to Sunderland, who despite making a lot more changes than us actually played pretty well and fully deserved to win. The arrogance of some thinking we should have walked our way to Wembley is cringeworthy. We lost a 5th round cup game, it happens, move on!

It's just "different opinions" though, innit...

It's just "different opinions" though, innit...

and important why those with differing opinions are allowed to give them without abuse.

The fact this thread is still going proves that the Sunderland game still rankles. Our season is effectively over - I am delighted that we are safe and I am enthused about the standard of our football but it could have been just that little bit better had MP taken things a tad more seriously. Good money is spent by fans going to Cup games and they need to feel that the club aren't treating it like a second class fixture.

That Sunderland FA Cup selection continues to be a source of massive frustration and division amongst the fans. So much for everyone together, all on the same bus. And for MoPo, that is a damning indictment of what he did that day. It remains the crassest error of his tenure, and one I will not be forgiving any day soon, in the same way as he will not apologise.

Jesus, hyperbole much? When you say 'amongst the fans', you mean 10 or so posters on here and maybe a few of your mates, right? Because I've yet to see a MORI poll conducted that widely supports your assertion.

Even when were relegated and all the subsequent upheaval this place wasn't as **** as it is now. We're playing attractive football with a team full of much lauded academy products. We had two academy graduates (and that's not including another 4 or 5 playing for the U21/U19) praised for their performances for England this week and we've just won away AGAIN. Despite all that, this thread continues to run and people seemingly just need to ***** and moan about something. Get a grip - you sad ****s. I genuinely pity you.

Of course, anyone with a brain who has read this thread would know that absolutely no one, at all, is suggesting we should have walked our way to Wembley. In contrast, you can't move for dinlows making that lame-ass accusation over and over again.

If this thread upsets you so much, nip off and join the party on the traditional post-victory thread saying we are now set to beat Man U, Spurs and Liverpool to a top 6 spot. I mean why not? Why not? Why not? If you like you can get all huffy and claim they think we'll be "walking to top six" if it makes you feel good.

i thought my reply at the time was enough, his assertion that'll MP got both barrels from the senior players is nonsense.

Nonsense? because its not all over the internet or Alan Nixon hasnt put it on twitter? #bothbarrels

Everything that happens is all over the internet..... If its not all over internet it didnt happen ;)

Funny how you dont understand the fuss about the FA cup, but youve posted on this thread 15 x now, all to say you dont care and boo hoo

MoPo ****ed up end off. Why? - who knows but he made decisions that lead to our defeat inc picking Kelvin Davis, making Jesus to do the PR and sending on McQueen for Lallana, all of which proves he couldn't really give a fig. But who are we to complain - it's not allowed on here or so says Old Nick and young NickG and uncle Tom Cobley. Presumably they would have us all hung for heresy. I would love to be waking up early in the morning for the drive to Hull. I remain ****ed off. Sorry

As a matter of interest did you Glasgow, or CBFRy go to Sunderland? I know VFTT did. I would suggest the fans who travelled have a good reason to complain more wheras fans like myself who wait for the glory games before going up north for games have little reason to complain as we can't motivate ourselves unless it is a qtr final or Wembley. If we had sold out our allocation and had fans asking for more that may have sent a message to Mp that we were interested, but playing games in half full stadia home and away the foreign manager and owners might take things more seriously.

I don't understand why the concept of playing KD in the game is heresy either as you have to give the squad games.

Edited by OldNick

Nonsense? because its not all over the internet or Alan Nixon hasnt put it on twitter? #bothbarrels

Everything that happens is all over the internet..... If its not all over internet it didnt happen ;)

Funny how you dont understand the fuss about the FA cup, but youve posted on this thread 15 x now, all to say you dont care and boo hoo

But you have posted 22 times and said the same thing every time.

The players giving MP both barrels is a lie

As a matter of interest did you Glasgow, or CBFRy go to Sunderland? I know VFTT did. I would suggest the fans who travelled have a good reason to complain more wheras fans like myself who wait for the glory games before going up north for games have little reason to complain as we can't motivate ourselves unless it is a qtr final or Wembley. If we had sold out our allocation and had fans asking for more that may have sent a message to Mp that we were interested, but playing games in half full stadia home and away the foreign manager and owners might take things more seriously.

I don't understand why the concept of playing KD in the game is heresy either as you have to give the squad games.

So its not mopos fault..... Its the crowd size :facepalm:

Heard it all now :lol:

But, and I think you know this GS, you did make it up. You referenced another SWF thread and facebook to prove it was true. This is obviously nonsense. When you can't justify your argument you ignore the probing. You are entitled to your opinion about MOPO, the club, whatever, but don't try and justify your position with lies, inaccuracies or exaggerations. It almost appears as though you are trying to stir up trouble and I know you would never do that. 'Cause you're a massive Saints fan right?

The players giving MP both barrels is a lie

Because its not on the internet?

Remember when i also said about mopos top 8 bonus, you also said that was a lie and i should be banned and jailed. Funny most negative things on here are "all lies"

Then this http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?49098-The-real-reason-that-we-sacrificed-the-cups

The amount of simple folk who STILL don't understand that it's not the loss that was annoying, but the fact we didn't give ourselves the best chance of winning, thus rendering the whole game pointless, is simply staggering.

Because its not on the internet?

Remember when i also said about mopos top 8 bonus, you also said that was a lie and i should be banned and jailed. Funny most negative things on here are "all lies"

Then this http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?49098-The-real-reason-that-we-sacrificed-the-cups

QED when some other green behind the ears posts the same rumour, you are not the only one who reads Facebook or listens to pub talk

if it's not on the internet it doesn't exist no exceptions

Unless it positive Saints news ;)

Hey, you may be right. Maybe MOPO is on a bonus for coming 8th. So what? Good luck to him. If he and the team achieve that (and it looks likely) then fair play to them. But it is not a fact until proven. You are dressing it up as fact and that IMHO is wrong.

The amount of simple folk who STILL don't understand that it's not the loss that was annoying, but the fact we didn't give ourselves the best chance of winning, thus rendering the whole game pointless, is simply staggering.

This is the central point. And I for one need some assurances that MOPO doesn't intend to do this again next season. If he does, he can move on as far as I am concerned. I would rather be 15th and have a serious go at the FA Cup, than 6th and take the **** out of the competition.

If anyone was in any doubt about how serious MP was taking the Sunderland game then look at the substitutions. You can argue all you want about our weakened team being beaten by Sunderland reserves Yet with 10 minutes to go and us needing a goal to stay in the cup he took off our best player and gave an 18 year old kid his debut. The actions of someone desperate to win a game? I say not.

If anyone was in any doubt about how serious MP was taking the Sunderland game then look at the substitutions. You can argue all you want about our weakened team being beaten by Sunderland reserves Yet with 10 minutes to go and us needing a goal to stay in the cup he took off our best player and gave an 18 year old kid his debut. The actions of someone desperate to win a game? I say not.

Scheiderlin and Rodriguez came on long before McQueen, Lallana looked knackered and was having a poor half.

Scheiderlin and Rodriguez came on long before McQueen, Lallana looked knackered and was having a poor half.

Who was more likely to make something happen?

With 10 minutes to go and needing a goal you throw the kitchen sink, we took off our best player and gave a kid his debut.

Exactly that. Not seen such a p****d off Saints away crowd for years, understandably so.

Who was more likely to make something happen?

With 10 minutes to go and needing a goal you throw the kitchen sink, we took off our best player and gave a kid his debut.

Yea maybe, just pointing out that 2 out of 3 substitutions didn't show a lack of seriousness and with Lallana struggling by his own standards and can see why he was replaced.

Yea maybe, just pointing out that 2 out of 3 substitutions didn't show a lack of seriousness and with Lallana struggling by his own standards and can see why he was replaced.

By an 18 year Old making his debut? There were loads of things he could have done, that was not one of them.

I'm not angry but there's no doubt the season has deflated quite a lot as a result of it and that's a shame as we've had a cracking league campaign and seen some top class football.

It's not losing to Sunderland, never was as they are a decent team, it was the fact that we had the chance and seemed to snub it. We may not get that chance again for a very long time.

Fans still want the cup but teams (apart from the mega squad top 4/5) don't seem to and that's very sad.

If MoPo was serious then why Davis over Boruc for starters?

Don't worry, you're never more than five posts away from some gimp launching into their "you people thought we were going to walk to Wembley" routine.

Come on, OldNick, you're on. Wheel it out again.

Don't worry, you're never more than five posts away from some gimp launching into their "you people thought we were going to walk to Wembley" routine.

No oldnick gave us a full explanation as to why we played a weakened team and played so badly....... the crowd was too small

Best excuse yet :lol:

the biggest game of the season, your words, did you get off your sorry a### and go ? Thought not

I understand that, it's the fact people are still going on about it weeks later that I find a bit sad, especially after a win.

No oldnick gave us a full explanation as to why we played a weakened team and played so badly....... the crowd was too small

Best excuse yet :lol:

it was the biggest game of the season apparently , so we must have sold our full allocation and more with the ticket touts having a field day.

it was the biggest game of the season apparently , so we must have sold our full allocation and more with the ticket touts having a field day.

We had more there then we did for the league game - despite short notice, early kick off, on tv etc.

Brilliant. Spectacular pi ss- weak point scoring from OldNick there.

It was the biggest game of the season thus far, not the biggest game in our entire history. We aren't some tin pot L1 club who have never been in R5 of the cup before.

Keep flailing about Nicky lad. Keep flailing.

It was the biggest game of the season thus far, not the biggest game in our entire history. We aren't some tin pot L1 club who have never been in R5 of the cup before.

So you didn't go , funny that. It was ohh so important that you couldn't be bothered. I don't need to flail when you provide such ripe material. I will leave this thread now as Iam sure everybody is bored of the cat fighting and Sunderland is now a distant memory. We won away yesterday and so I am happy with that, I expect this place will go into meltdown as Sunderland win at Hull and get Sheffield Utd I the semis

as for Sour. Mash about the turnout, I have never questioned our away support, they are superb every time

We took 859 fans for our most important game of the season - hardly a ringing endorsement.

At least, you voted with your mouth rather than your feet, good lad.

We took 859 fans for our most important game of the season - hardly a ringing endorsement.

At least, you voted with your mouth rather than your feet, good lad.

Probably because there's many fans (like Old Nick) who didn't consider it our most important game of the season. It's fairly obvious that plenty on here, and in real life too, couldn't give two hoots about the FA Cup. So the away attendance (despite being larger than for the league game) is hardly any indication of much, except for the fact that its not actually a bad number given the kick off time, TV game, distance there, likelihood of playing a weakened team etc etc.

I consider it our biggest chance to have had a go at winning something this season, but I've got no problem admitting I didn't go to the game. That's not quite how it works though. I know plenty of Saints fans who didn't go to the cup final in 2003 but it didn't affect how much they cared about how we got on.

Edited by The Kraken

Probably because there's many fans (like Old Nick) who didn't consider it our most important game of the season. It's fairly obvious that plenty on here, and in real life too, couldn't give two hoots about the FA Cup. So the away attendance (despite being larger than for the league game) is hardly any indication of much, except for the fact that its not actually a bad number given the kick off time, TV game, distance there, likelihood of playing a weakened team etc etc.

I consider it our biggest chance to have had a go at winning something this season, but I've got no problem admitting I didn't go to the game. That's not quite how it works though. I know plenty of Saints fans who didn't go to the cup final in 2003 but it didn't affect how much they cared about how we got on.

Well said.

So you didn't go , funny that. It was ohh so important that you couldn't be bothered. I don't need to flail when you provide such ripe material. I will leave this thread now as Iam sure everybody is bored of the cat fighting and Sunderland is now a distant memory. We won away yesterday and so I am happy with that, I expect this place will go into meltdown as Sunderland win at Hull and get Sheffield Utd I the semis

as for Sour. Mash about the turnout, I have never questioned our away support, they are superb every time

Not that funny really. Haven't been to any aways this season so hardly like I am making an exception for that Sunderland game.

If you and Strawlock want to have a "I'm-the-greatest-fan" co ck wave then fill your boots. Means sh it to me, ladies.

Not that funny really. Haven't been to any aways this season so hardly like I am making an exception for that Sunderland game.

If you and Strawlock want to have a "I'm-the-greatest-fan" co ck wave then fill your boots. Means sh it to me, ladies.

They play this card alot, but strawlock, oldnick and olallana very rarely go to games themselves, Olallana admitting his last was Reading away a year ago.

I am happy now anyway, i just wanted to know why we chucked the FA cup and strawlock n oldnick have answered "CROWD WAS TO SMALL"

See what you're saying but given the numbers we've been taking since L1 (635 to Hartlepool in midweek November, the 1000+ to Carlisle etc), none of the qualifications change the fact that it was a pathetic turnout.

Plenty of people didn't go but nonetheless care how we got on -fair enough, the whole superfan thing is b******ks. But given the uproar over the result that is still rumbling on three weeks on ("one of my lowest times supporting saints" among the many pearlers you'll find in the landfill of threads dedicated to the subject), its reasonable to ask how many people put their money where their mouths are.

They play this card alot, but strawlock, oldnick and olallana very rarely go to games themselves, Olallana admitting his last was Reading away a year ago.

I am happy now anyway, i just wanted to know why we chucked the FA cup and strawlock n oldnick have answered "CROWD WAS TO SMALL"

Where did I say we chucked the game because the crowd was too small, you clown.

Rarely go to games? Surprise, surprise, you haven't got a clue.

See what you're saying but given the numbers we've been taking since L1 (635 to Hartlepool in midweek November, the 1000+ to Carlisle etc), none of the qualifications change the fact that it was a pathetic turnout.

Plenty of people didn't go but nonetheless care how we got on -fair enough, the whole superfan thing is b******ks. But given the uproar over the result that is still rumbling three weeks on ("one of my lowest times supporting saints" among many pearlers you'll find in the landfill of threads dedicated to the subject), its reasonable to ask how many people put their money where their mouths are.

FA Cup numbers have often been atrocious for a number of years now. We had 7,000 odd against Millwall at St. Marys not so long ago. The simple fact is that there are huge numbers of fans who simply don't give a sh*t about the competition; at least until it gets to the latter stages.

There's been some hyperbole spouted on the subject, of course there has. But for the most part the line of "this was our best chance of winning something, a missed opportunity" I think is fair.

Steve Bruce was interviewed just before the Sunderland game; he stated that Hull are never going to win the Premier League and so are prioritising the FA Cup. I'd love to see us do something similar, especially if we're pretty much assured of top flight survival. Because if we don't, then I'm not sure what the point is.