West Ham vs Saints match thread

Shroppie

I think MP will be gone in the summer

that is what it feels like to me

I have always thought that he will be here until the summer. I also believe that the club will be sold, or they will try and sell the club anyway. I have not real reason for this but gut insticts. It seems that we are going the same way as last season, which is a worrying pattern.

A season that promised so much fizzles out in ignominy.

Purely because of the manager and no one else. The cup debacle was entirely on MoPo..... 4 wins in 17 tells another tale.

Transfer wise, lets be honest, he signed Osvaldo, and the committee definitely signed wanyama and lovren, and ramirez.

You give Nigel Adkins this team, we would score a **** load more, Lambert would be a new man, and we would go back to having **** all injuries... The most telling stat, Morgan no injuries for 3 seasons, then MoPo arrived. Adkins record once the team had adjusted is better than MoPo's, with a worse team. Plus Nigel actually loved the fans.

Its clear than MoPo has far less feeling towards the fanbase, has zero interest in winning any silver trophies, and has openly refused to commit to the club going forward. I really hope we are looking for replacement's at this moment in time. Because we need to be ready when he ditches us, or being pre-emptive about it.

Was it worth breaking up a winning team for sunderland? Just to go out of the cup, with a week to recover for this game? Is 9th place worth more than a possible trip to wembley?

playing for 9th will be seen as the glory years this time next season. Mp leaves a lot will follow and then the whiners on here will get just what they deserve a club in freefall.

Glasgow has disappeared for 10 minutes as his box of Kleenex has run out

the side today was the one who should have played last week apparently. so we may have lost 2 nil

Good point well made. It seems we have got to the point of the season where we cannot seem to get motivated to push on. I think it was around 35/6 points last season and we could not buy a win!

Perhaps not the time or place but the question of attractive football vs results at all costs has never been more poignant. Perhaps the cup defeat has knocked the stuffing out of me a bit, so this doesn't hurt as much as it should, but I'd still take the odd defeat if it means watching our passing style.

Only positive is Gaston has looked superb,even though I thought he would get butchered he really has stepped it up today

I've been advocating him being a regular for some time, looked quality every time he's come on.

His falling out with MoPo is just one of many reasons why the manager has to go.