Gallagher

Saint Benali

Know i am going to get slated for this...

But right now he is nowhere near good enough to be in the PL.

Just because you are young and come from a succesful academy does not = always great. Otherwise might as'well play the entire under 18 team.

We needed someone with experience to cover for Lambo in my opinion.

Let the slating commence

Been talking about this with Patrick Bateman today. It's all very well bring thorough the academy players but you need balance, rush them through too quickly and it has a negative effect on both them and the team.

Guly? He's the other option for the rest of the season. If he's going in the summer, I'd rather give Gallagher the chance to prove himself. Very weak in this department as proved with the missed chances today.

He has not had a full game that is fair. But other players we have started the same and showed something. Shaw and Chambers and of course JWP. I am not writing him off I just think he is not the answer to our problems if Lambo is not playing well. To score goals is the hardest thing to do.

Also remember he missed an open goal a few weeks ago. I bet if Guly did that you would be less forgiving.

Guly? He's the other option for the rest of the season. If he's going in the summer, I'd rather give Gallagher the chance to prove himself. Very weak in this department as proved with the missed chances today.

I remember we did that with a lot of young players. Whatever happed to Matthew Patterson or Kayne Mclaggen? They were destined to be amazing I remember?

If you are good enough you are old enough. The difference between him and Shaw/Chambers is vast imo. He will come good one day, but being a striker in the hardest league in the world you have to hit the ground running. That and the GK are the two positions i really think you cant carry.

I remember we did that with a lot of young players. Whatever happed to Matthew Patterson or Kayne Mclaggen? They were destined to be amazing I remember?

If you are good enough you are old enough. The difference between him and Shaw/Chambers is vast imo. He will come good one day, but being a striker in the hardest league in the world you have to hit the ground running. That and the GK are the two positions i really think you cant carry.

to be fair McClaggan did have a virtually career ending injury before his career even got started.

Been talking about this with Patrick Bateman today. It's all very well bring thorough the academy players but you need balance, rush them through too quickly and it has a negative effect on both them and the team.

Agreed but he came on in an impossible circumstance today. It's all a part of his development I suppose. He showed enough against Arsenal to suggest he may well have a good future. What we don't want to be in is a position where we have to rely on him before he is ready for it. That really isn't a good situation for the club nor him.

Just because you are young and come from a succesful academy does not = always great. Otherwise might as'well play the entire under 18 team.

Let the slating commence

After the last 4 years never thought i would say this but it is not to "cover for Lambo" but imo to replace him

After the last 4 years never thought i would say this but it is not to "cover for Lambo" but imo to replace him

Absoloutley, he is a legend in my time, but the summer is the time to replace Rickie Lambert. We're beginning to look as if we're carrying a player, and that's going to hold us back.

Absoloutley, he is a legend in my time, but the summer is the time to replace Rickie Lambert. We're beginning to look as if we're carrying a player, and that's going to hold us back.

Not sure what game you watched, but Rodriquez has been poor. for weeks..he simply does not think quick enough. So we need two more offensive players in the summer

I think its more of the case that Osvaldo's replacement couldn't be found or a deal worked on in January wasn't viable and that Gallagher had caught their eye at that given time.

More of a "quick fix" than immediate replacement.

I can see at U21/U18 level why he is highly rated in house but it is evident he struggles at PL level which we can all respect and appreciate bearing in mind he's recently turned 18.Had Osvaldo worked or a replacement brought in, I do no think we would of seen as much.

He will be on loan to a Championship side next season.

Yep, agreed. And for the benefit of others; I love our youth policy, it is amazing, but the fact that we are trying to push them on so much is concerning - the odd player in the team who is 17/18/19, far enough, but not loads of them.

It almost feels a bit like the "Dutch Duo" all over again at times. We really need a couple of quality signings if we were to push on (Striker, centre back, goalie/back up goalie) which can supplement our youth policy and help them grow as players. But if we are to also push on as a club, we need a mix that is higher in ratio of quality signings.

Let the slating commence

Harsh to judge the lad on the end of todays performance. Especially considering Lambert has offered us very little either (puts things into perspective)

We just dont have options in this area

Let the slating commence

the manager sees him play every day and obviously thinks he is ready and good enough. Your posts obviously doubts the very essence of the academy. We are not winning games at the present so everyone is an easy target. We bought Osvaldo who had experience, and what a tool he turned out to be.

This

I watched the game live on TV and he was by far the worst player for Saints. If he goes to WC will be because no one else is available.

Only in the team give him a chance of WC glory lol

all in my opinion

This

I watched the game live on TV and he was by far the worst player for Saints. If he goes to WC will be because no one else is available.

Only in the team give him a chance of WC glory lol

all in my opinion

Difficult to assess a players performance from the tv. Never get to see the runs and delayed passes. Tv accentuates the good and the bad. Ok, I've been rumbled. I don't criticize Sir Rickie. His chest down for Lallana was class.

Difficult to assess a players performance from the tv. Never get to see the runs and delayed passes. Tv accentuates the good and the bad. Ok, I've been rumbled. I don't criticize Sir Rickie. His chest down for Lallana was class.

fair enough but there seems to be something missing from him lately wouldn't you agree.

Know i am going to get slated for this... But right now he is nowhere near good enough to be in the PL.

We needed someone with experience to cover for Lambo in my opinion. Let the slating commence

NO! ...not at all. I agree totally. He is a good prospect who's had a good season - so far. But ready for regular starts in the Prem... he is not. His eventual development should be 15 minute "subbing" this season.

I've mentioned in another recent post that historically... (I go back 50 years) almost all our legendary goal scorers who started as youth players ...Chivers, Channon, MLT, Shearer) all took at least one season AFTER their debut to even get a regular place in the side, let alone become the type of regular goalscorer that a Prem.side needs.

Older fans remember Channon's debut game goal, Shearer's hat-trick game and MLT's 2 goals v. Man U in the League Cup match that got the MU manager sacked.

However, closer look at their record in the following years..... made poor reading, before they " came of age " as a goal-scoring force.

NO!. Sam is a good (possibly. great prospect)...but if we are still having the same conversation in March 2015 ...I won't be at all surprised.

If we don't get a rash from sending a player in development out on loan to Bournemouth or Yeovil maybe we should consider it.

Maybe the Cherries would be a better option as they are looking at a rather tranquil end to their season and it would be good for him to flourish and give them some energy.

If we don't get a rash from sending a player in development out on loan to Bournemouth or Yeovil maybe we should consider it.

Maybe the Cherries would be a better option as they are looking at a rather tranquil end to their season and it would be good for him to flourish and give them some energy.

GOOD. I've read a lot dummer suggestions than that on here recently...and one or two of our other "promising talents " could have a loan too -that's if they are likely to be included in next season's plans.

I think its more of the case that Osvaldo's replacement couldn't be found or a deal worked on in January wasn't viable and that Gallagher had caught their eye at that given time.

More of a "quick fix" than immediate replacement.

I can see at U21/U18 level why he is highly rated in house but it is evident he struggles at PL level which we can all respect and appreciate bearing in mind he's recently turned 18.Had Osvaldo worked or a replacement brought in, I do no think we would of seen as much.

Agree with all of that, but where he is next season may well be dependent on where Katharina is with her intentions for the club. If we aren't active in the summer window before the World Cup and look like we're going to stagnate in mid-table not push on towards getting into Europe, we could be replacing 4 of our best players (and manager?) before we even get the chance to improve what we've got.

Do we, as a point of policy, loan out young, up and coming players to lower league sides if we have the intention of them being involved in our first team? All those that have gone out on loan over the last few years have subsequently been moved on, just wondering if this is coincidence or policy?

If he is out on loan he doesn't get to train with our first team or under our coaches. Plus, Bournemouth can fork off after the carp they threw in our direction a couple of years back. However, I would be more than happy with us loaning out a few players to each of the Skates fellow relegation candidates.

Do we, as a point of policy, loan out young, up and coming players to lower league sides if we have the intention of them being involved in our first team? All those that have gone out on loan over the last few years have subsequently been moved on, just wondering if this is coincidence or policy?

as a policy we were in a lower league until last year and the kids were simply forcing their way into the first team. the kids who didn't weren't going to be premier league players but who knows if they'd have eventually made championship players for us.

Baird, Surman, Lallana, McGoldrick, Best all went out on loan IIRC. Going back further Oakley and Bridge didn't.

If he is out on loan he doesn't get to train with our first team or under our coaches. Plus, Bournemouth can fork off after the carp they threw in our direction a couple of years back. However, I would be more than happy with us loaning out a few players to each of the Skates fellow relegation candidates.

Except we have continued to loan them players.

Loan him to Eastleigh then, aren't they professional these days? Would help them get up and he would hopefully be a hit at Conference level. Could also come to Staplewood once a week or something.