Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

None. Although we let Butterfield go on a free.

Does that balance out Guly leaving even.

All I know is that since the new team have been in place we have sold or let go Fox,Guly,Shaw,Lambert and Lallana, Osvaldo is nowhere to be seen, plus we have our best striker from last season on long term injury and we've signed 2 unknowns from Holland. They might prove to be great players for us but right now we're short at least one left back, probably 2 and have not strengthened the squad in any other position. We have a bit less than a month before we turn out at Anfield so time is now of the essence because frankly we are seriously short of a starting XI.

Does that balance out Guly leaving even.

All I know is that since the new team have been in place we have sold or let go Fox,Guly,Shaw,Lambert and Lallana, Osvaldo is nowhere to be seen, plus we have our best striker from last season on long term injury and we've signed 2 unknowns from Holland. They might prove to be great players for us but right now we're short at least one left back, probably 2 and have not strengthened the squad in any other position. We have a bit less than a month before we turn out at Anfield so time is now of the essence because frankly we are seriously short of a starting XI.

th?id=HN.608026283955195872&pid=15.1

Agree. Still need a GK, CB (2 if Lovren goes), LB, Winger, Striker.

Probably won't have them all for the first game, but some more important than others. CB and LB would be priorities for me.

Good news is we still have loads of the cash Reed said we would spend.

Could buy the 6 without evening putting any of our original budget towards it, which was possibly the plan.

Plenty of teams have signed 4 or 5 players and not lost anyone of significance so we are behind the pace so far.

Edited by Saint Charlie

not really panicking...just stating some facts

we are in for a really tough season, IMO

You should know by now DD that facts are unacceptable on this forum if they point out anything untoward.

As John Major said, it's no point good waving your arms about and living in Dumbdisneyland, these are the facts.

I don't see being 2 players off (Shaw & Jrod) as "seriously short of a starting XI". That does smack of hyperbole to me.

if we sign no one else, we will struggle like fuk next season

the premier league is relentless and we will not have he squad to deal with it

thankfully, I can see us signing more players, just feel way too many ins/outs of a very successful team will harm us

"seriously short of a starting XI"

Boruc,

Chambers, Lovren, Fonte, Targett

Wanyama, Scneiderlin,

Tadic, Ward-Prowse, Ramirez

Pelle

bench: Kelvin, Yoshi, Gallagher, Cork, McQueen etc

One man's fact is another man's left bollock.

Boruc,

Wanyama, Scneiderlin,

Pelle

Windows in being excessively downbeat shocker.

As the squad stands though, I'd probably have Clyne in there.

Boruc,

Wanyama, Scneiderlin,

Pelle

Good team that, although Davis in for JWP

Boruc,

Wanyama, Scneiderlin,

Pelle

Depends if you believe that Targett is good enough yet for the PL; I personally don't.Schneiderlin will be sold so will Lovren..

Agree, would be a massive blow to lose cork IMO.

I rate Jack Cork and he was brilliant for us last season when Big Vic got injured and I think he is a quality holding midfielder. However I would not offer Jack an extension as he is not a starter for the team when all are fit (Big Vic/Morgan) and I feel both Harry Reed and JWP can fill his role in the squad and more importantly could score goals, something that Jack is never going to do. If we weren't massive proponents of youth and giving them opportunity I would say sign him up but I feel that having Jack as a squad player if just depriving a younger player of that chance, a younger player who is also more inclined to bide his time on the bench, something Jack himself stated was frustrating in the first few months of the season.

Jack deserves to play every week and would be an excellent player for someone like Palace/Villa/WBA etc etc but I can imagine him becoming more and more frustrated as the season progresses.

Boruc,

Wanyama, Scneiderlin,

Pelle

targett...why is it assumed he is good enough? why didnt he get minutes last season if he was good enough?

morgan wants out

tadic we have no idea if he will flourish or flop, same for pelle

JWP was a squad player last season and failed to impose himself on any game of note

ramirez, see above

kelvin...? sweet god

gallagher being the back up striker is madness

and mcqueen? see target

Depends if you believe that Targett is good enough yet for the PL; I personally don't.Schneiderlin will be sold so will Lovren..

So, is it a FACT that we are "seriously short of a starting XI" or are you being just a tad melodramatic?

Yes it is irrelevant about what players cost, but for a club that has massive funds have at 3 players gone and perhaps more, that already needed players in some crucial positions it does seem a little complacent not to have been very active. I know we dont need to rush in 'buy in haste and repent at leisure' and all that but it seems clear to the outsider that we would have known players were leaving and so our team of experts should have lined up new players.

You seem content with the situation, i respect that, but excuse me if Iam suspicious/underhelmed by the new boards actions.

By all means be underwhelmed if you're impatient for news of signings to replace players departed/yet to depart/those not good enough.

It's not unnatural for fans to be impatient, to be nervous of the ambitions of the owner, unsure of the abilities of a new foreign manager to be successful in the Premier League, indeed, unsure of the ability of new players to play in this division when they previously played in what was deemed to be at an inferior level.

I'm not content with things yet, or complacent, I doubt that many are. Those are the wrong words. The correct word is patient; happy to wait and see how it all pans out, optimistic that the club has everything in hand, that they will spend that money raised by the sale of those players on quality replacements. There is still time to buy those players before the start of the season and these things can't be rushed. Even if we had anticipated the departures of those players, there are other factors to take into consideration. We are urged to not sell players until we have in place replacement players, and yet presumably we don't expect the selling club to do the same. If they wait until they have replacements signed up before they sell, then logically it means delays, doesn't it?

The World Cup has been a fly in the ointment. Some of the players from the latter stages aren't even back at their clubs yet. If we want the better players that you would wish us to sign, then we have to wait and see whether the glory clubs are after them too. If so, our chances of signing them are diminished. But they can only sign so many players for their squads and we are the next level down. As has been hinted, we have players on our radar that may have escaped the attention of other clubs.

It is all in the lap of the Gods. But it is still far too early to make rash judgements about the board and their intentions or ambitions. Their actions in replacing Pochettino with Koeman and in turn the level of player he has brought in, is suggestive of ambition, of investment in quality to bring us success, a continuation of the upwards trajectory of our progress. If you can identify anything that you deem to be indicative of a lack of ambition so far, then tell us what it is.

Exactly. Ive never seen him either. Seems a bit of a gamble to me if true, but then people thought that about Shaw.

shaw had minutes that season. he never went from nowhere to starting

granted he had fox ahead of him. but he was an experienced pro, crap but experienced.

I would be amazed if we dont get another in

No idea whats in his mind, obviously, but he is entering the last year of his contract so unless thats resolved very soon presumably he'll be leaving.

When you move in the last year of your contract the club gets a lower fee but the player usually gets bigger wages. We probably don't want to meet his wage demands if they are significantly higher than what we have already

not really panicking...just stating some facts

we are in for a really tough season, IMO

Every season is a tough season. This is the Premier League. If anyone thinks it will be easy then they are mistaken. At the moment we are slightly weakened but it does seem that the board are on the case with the new additions and some of Guan's comments. Trouble is at this time of year every team is looking for quality and / or trying to secure best buy / sell price / player terms etc. It really is not as simple to get talent as people presume.