Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Why are people crying about the squad already. We have a month to go til the first game and 6 weeks til the transfer window "slams" shut.

Moan about it if we are still in the same position come sept 1st but I've certainly seen us in worse positions.

This lets chill out. Cork and Fonte will sign and we'll bring in 3 maybe 4 players before Liverpool away. Relax.

Why are people crying about the squad already. We have a month to go til the first game and 6 weeks til the transfer window "slams" shut.

Moan about it if we are still in the same position come sept 1st but I've certainly seen us in worse positions.

But it's not an unreasonable assumption that the target should be to strengthen the squad at least a couple of weeks before the start of the season, particularly because we've lost three key players, from an already light squad; we do need to get a move on to sort our signings.

Would hope we had quite a few in before then so we can at least try to hit the ground running. Slow start can kill you.

IMO and I think most would agree it would be better for the clubs success this seasons and moving forward if we get players in during pre season rather than a couple weeks before Liverpool or after. A thread that usually crops up is 'squad gelling' no that's not pellès hair but usually a team works well as a team, crazy I know, and for that to be possible the squad needs this pre season to do just that and gel. This might sound very simplistic but I don't quite think some posters get it, and straight away throw that 'bedwetting' line in.

Saying that on paper good replacements brought in, in pellè and tadić now for theo and Morgan to stay.,

IMO and I think most would agree it would be better for the clubs success this seasons and moving forward if we get players in during pre season rather than a couple weeks before Liverpool or after. A thread that usually crops up is 'squad gelling' no that's not pellès hair but usually a team works well as a team, crazy I know, and for that to be possible the squad needs this pre season to do just that and gel. This might sound very simplistic but I don't quite think some posters get it, and straight away throw that 'bedwetting' line in.

Saying that on paper good replacements brought in, in pellè and tadić now for theo and Morgan to stay.,

Clubs very rarely get all their targets in before the first game starts let alone by mid-July... It happens every year for nearly every club.

Agree and The players we've lost will be a huge miss, but the club moves on...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure what you are saying there. If you agree as it seems you do then you can see why people are urging us to get signings in sooner rather than later.

Clubs very rarely get all their targets in before the first game starts let alone by mid-July... It happens every year for nearly every club.

Which is normally fine but this year is a bit different for us due to the sales etc etc (I know by saying this I am a moronic bedwetter but its also true).

Saints already have signed replacements for 2 of the 3 players that left.

So we are net worse than last season at this stage. Three quarters of the other teams have improved, either in numbers, quality or both.

None of our weak areas from last season have been resolved yet.

We will obviously be signing players but understandable that there is a feeling of more urgency this window than any other for a while.

So we are net worse than last season at this stage. Three quarters of the other teams have improved, either in numbers, quality or both.

We will obviously be signing players but understandable that there is a feeling of more urgency this window than any other for a while.

Please list teams (minus last season's top 7) that have improved on their squads overall from the 2013/14 season taking them ahead of Saints.

So, is it a FACT that we are "seriously short of a starting XI" or are you being just a tad melodramatic?

Why does it have to be a fact? He's basing his opinion on Lovren and Morgan being sold which his highly likely. It's not certain that Fonte and Cork will be here either.

Starting 11 a side, we also have shocking squad depth. That's the reality of the situation and we have to do a brilliant job this window.

Please list teams (minus last season's top 7) that have improved on their squads overall from the 2013/14 season taking them ahead of Saints.

I said teams have improved in quality or numbers. Not neccessarily to be better than us but that they have improved themselves in theory which is all any team should look to do, incrementally improve on what they had. Would say that applies certainly to:

Arsenal, Chelsea, Palace, Hull, City, United, Newcastle, Stoke, West Ham.

Villa, Liverpool and Burnley have added numbers to their squads.

The others (Spurs, WBA, Everton, Leicester, QPR, Sunderland) havent done a lot yet but havent sold any key players zo are certainly no worse off (Everton lost Lukaku but knew he would be going as was a loan).

Only Saints and Swansea (very shortly), are weaker overall now than in May. You could argue for Liverpool with Suarez going, but they have also made some good signings so it possibly balances out.

Would say that is a pretty fair assessment, and shows why we still have a lot of work to do - surely nobody disputes that?

I said teams have improved in quality or numbers. Not neccessarily to be better than us but that they have improved themselves in theory which is all any team should look to do, incrementally improve on what they had. Would say that applies certainly to:

Arsenal, Chelsea, Palace, Hull, City, United, Newcastle, Stoke, West Ham.

Villa, Liverpool and Burnley have added numbers to their squads.

The others (Spurs, WBA, Everton, Leicester, QPR, Sunderland) havent done a lot yet but havent sold any key players zo are certainly no worse off (Everton lost Lukaku but knew he would be going as was a loan).

Only Saints and Swansea (very shortly), are weaker overall now than in May. You could argue for Liverpool with Suarez going, but they have also made some good signings so it possibly balances out.

Would say that is a pretty fair assessment, and shows why we still have a lot of work to do - surely nobody disputes that?

I said minus last seasons top 7, so that leaves your list with Palace, Hull, Newcastle, Stoke and West Ham.

Lets take Newcastle, from their 2013/14 season they've lost...

Remy

Cabaye

Debuchy

Those are some very important players for Newcastle, in the same way Shaw, Lallana and Lambert were important for us. Have the players they've replaced them with really taken them above Saints? I'd say its very debatable if any of the replacements are better than the Newcastle players that have left.

How many Palace, Hull, Stoke and West Ham players would get in our starting XI?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Probably a rehash but hope it's true. While I agree this is not the position in which we are weakest, Banega at his best looks like a quality prospect. Hopefully, Koeman may be just the right man to bring out his best again and at £6m he could prove to be a steal.

Also, with all the extra cash we have from the Lallana and Shaw deals, we have a great opportunity to create greater strength in depth across the whole squad and this could be just one part of that. With that greater strength in depth we will be better placed to compete in the cup as well as the league - and maybe eventually in European competition too.

Saints already have signed replacements for 2 of the 3 players that left.

Yes indeed

All we are now awaiting for are all the players that Les Reed had said that had already been identified as "targets" for SFC ( Unless he just meant Matty "target" )

( You can't count Tadic and Pelle, as Koeman got them )

Yes indeed

All we are now awaiting for are all the players that Les Reed had said that had already been identified as "targets" for SFC ( Unless he just meant Matty "target" )

You don't know that for sure. An equally possible theory is that one reason Koeman was brought in is that Tadic, Pelle (and others perhaps still to come) were already targets, and it was believed that Koeman being here would facilitate their arrivals to Southampton.

Yes indeed

Apart from being the most AWESOME poster how do you know Tadic was not on Les Reed's radar?

Yes indeed

Is there a way to block on Tapatalk?

Is there any possibility of posters using this thread to pass on transfer rumours, as per its title, rather than as a ****-waving contest?

Usual protocol is to start a new thread, thus indicating a higher level of ITKness and leaving this thread free of any transfer related clutter

Yes indeed

Truly, truly mental.

Why does it have to be a fact? He's basing his opinion on Lovren and Morgan being sold which his highly likely. It's not certain that Fonte and Cork will be here either.

Starting 11 a side, we also have shocking squad depth. That's the reality of the situation and we have to do a brilliant job this window.

The same Fonte and Cork that have been in the new kit photos?

Batman claimed that windows was stating a fact. Not me.

No No CB, I'm not calling Reed mental

Simply staing that (again) something else Reed HAS said in interview hasn't happened

Unless you know of all the other players SFC have signed, which I might have Missed ??

Do keep up CB

Keep ranting, swivel-eyes.

Nice example of media coming round our manor and pissing on our bed, for those that can't do it for themselves:

http://www.football365.com/profile365/9384970/Profile365

I've marked this article down to a 4/10 cos it's mostly half-truths & exaggeration, but you can do as you see fit! :toppa:

There was a good reply to this in yesterday afternoons mailbox from Mort Snort.

This should really go in the HCDAJFU thread, as it's not even a rumour. However, seeing as nothing is happening regarding transfers at the moment (either at the club or on this thread), can I make a rumour up from scratch and post it here? It was inspiring to see how the Caped Crusader started an entire new thread yesterday based on a tenuous interpretation of something a supposed ITK'er said and I want a piece of that action!

Ersan Gülüm

27yr old Australian born Turkish CB who has also played LB and Sweeper for Besiktas. :red panda:

In all seriousness though: if we are being 'linked' with players from Livorno and River Plate, why not Besitkas?!

Nice example of media coming round our manor and pissing on our bed, for those that can't do it for themselves:

http://www.football365.com/profile365/9384970/Profile365

I've marked this article down to a 4/10 cos it's mostly half-truths & exaggeration, but you can do as you see fit! :toppa:

It feels like he's trying too hard.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

That was a struggle to read.

Anyway, I'd be more worried about us not being ready if the first game was tomorrow. But, it is a month away (to the day). I'd be willing to say it's highly unlikely our squad now is the squad we will have to pick from on that day.

yeah sorry about that. To fit in a post in the middle of being pestered by staff and customers etc can make it hard to put a decent post out. I know I have never put a decent post out