Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

No I wasn't saying any of that. You just invented it. I would have expected us to make a signing or two that isn't linked to the new manager by now if they were working as hard as they said they were behind the scenes for so long.

So we are not linked with those players then? You are just inventing that we are only looking at pleyers from the Netherlands.....Koeman has been here 3 weeks - the club has signed 2 players he really wanted. We have a bid in for at least 4 others (Guan)I guess from what you and Charlie think they are all Dutch then.

So we are not linked with those players then? You are just inventing that we are only looking at pleyers from the Netherlands.....Koeman has been here 3 weeks - the club has signed 2 players he really wanted. We have a bid in for at least 4 others (Guan)I guess from what you and Charlie think they are all Dutch then.

Where did I say that we were only looking at players in the Netherlands? And where did I say that we have ONLY bid for Dutch players? In fact where did I mention Dutch at all? Pelle is Italian for a start.

I've always said we need another CB anyway regardless of whether Lovren goes or not so if he does, make that two new CBs.

Yeh we need two really if he goes, so Fonte becomes first choice back up and Yoshida second, then Hooiveld hopefully never seen again.

Jack Cork now being linked with Palace, QPR, West Brom and Swansea. Get that contact sorted FFS!!

selling cork would be one of the most dumb things to do this summer

now, you watch people dress it up as a potential good idea

selling cork would be one of the most dumb things to do this summer

now, you watch people dress it up as a potential good idea

Kat wants us to have 75% less possession. We're not going to achieve her ambition with players like J.Cork in the side.

There is a difference between clubs talking about transfers and actually receiving offers, you know.

As to whether we spend all of the funds received on replacements for the players who have left, we will have to wait and see, won't we? I presume that you base your assumption on us receiving vastly inflated fees for Lallana and Shaw and have spent just a fraction of that on Pelle and Tadic. Who is to say that the surplus won't be spent on other players to strengthen those positions that we all know we needed cover and improved quality for? As long as the incoming players are deemed to be as good as those they replace, it is largely irrelevant whether they cost less, unless of course you believe that all players of equal quality have to cost the same, regardless of where they came from? If we paid £8 million for Lovren and he then is worth £25 million a little over a year later, would you insist that we pay £25 million on his replacement, when it could be possible to pick up somebody as good for the £8 million he originally cost us?

Yes it is irrelevant about what players cost, but for a club that has massive funds have at 3 players gone and perhaps more, that already needed players in some crucial positions it does seem a little complacent not to have been very active. I know we dont need to rush in 'buy in haste and repent at leisure' and all that but it seems clear to the outsider that we would have known players were leaving and so our team of experts should have lined up new players.

You seem content with the situation, i respect that, but excuse me if Iam suspicious/underhelmed by the new boards actions.

Wonder what´s happening with those dominos at the moment....?

Standing still?? Domino%20HD.jpg

Falling?? dominos-1.jpg

It´s a mess?? 3179017-397764-falling-dominoes.jpg

dominos-1.jpg

Are they really falling though? They seem to be standing up to me.

3179017-397764-falling-dominoes.jpg

Is it really a mess? It seems like they're all jumping up for joy saying "Yea! Kat & Koeman rock!"

That's the optimists view.

dominos-1.jpg

Are they really falling though? They seem to be standing up to me.

3179017-397764-falling-dominoes.jpg

Is it really a mess? It seems like they're all jumping up for joy saying "Yea! Kat & Koeman rock!"

That's the optimists view.

In domino terms that second picture is definitely a mess ;)

Bottom of league one to safety in top half of premier league in five years. That was Marcus's 'ambition' wasn't it?

I make that about 60 places in the league. Or a gain of 12 places a year.

So, if Kat only wants a quarter of that, then that's a three place improvement in Saints league standings per year.

Given that we finished 8th this year, Kat's ambition is to win the EPL title in three seasons time.

I can live with that.

what a pathetic bunch of squinnying little girls we have as a fanbase (on here at least). Why don't you all just wait and see what happens before throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

We have made 2, what look like, quality signings and there will be more on the way. We have players like Taggert, McQueen and Reed looking to step up to the plate.

Maybe Cork and FOnte have not been offered new contracts yet because RK is not sure they are his type of player?

I will reserve judgement on our Board until after the season has started. Obviously if we have no new players in there will be a problem but you are smoking crack if you really think that will be the case.

All a step down for him and he wants to stay at saints. He knows the situation. He has the patience of a saint. Just wait.

Is cork going to be bothered? He has another year left on a contract he's been happy with. If it winds down, barring injury, he will be in demand enough to get himself a very good deal.

It's saints who stand to lose a good player, cork will be fine

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

He must be gutted that the likes of Liverpool or ManU arent interested in him!

I assume that's a joke... he's never a top four club player. I would not be surprised if Koeman does not rate him within a 433 or 352 formation.. given we have 2 other non scoring defensive midfield players.

Wonder which proper first team player will be the first to sign an extension under the new regime?

Hopefully Cork or Jay Rod.

Mate, you really need to stop obsessing like this. Dont you have anything else to worry about in your life? It is a lovely sunny day - go sit outside and read a book or something.

I assume that's a joke... he's never a top four club player. I would not be surprised if Koeman does not rate him within a 433 or 352 formation.. given we have 2 other non scoring defensive midfield players.

I was just thinking I wonder how he feels seeing his old buddies going off to the top clubs and the only ones that are in for him are the ones from the lower end of the food chain.

what a pathetic bunch of squinnying little girls we have as a fanbase (on here at least). Why don't you all just wait and see what happens before throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

We have made 2, what look like, quality signings and there will be more on the way. We have players like Taggert, McQueen and Reed looking to step up to the plate.

Maybe Cork and FOnte have not been offered new contracts yet because RK is not sure they are his type of player?

I will reserve judgement on our Board until after the season has started. Obviously if we have no new players in there will be a problem but you are smoking crack if you really think that will be the case.

if you believe that McQueen, Reed and Taggert can be mainstays in a PL team that has lost a few of its talismen, and a xcompletely new team then perhaps we should to others who are on crack. Yes there are exceptions but to think year on year we can have LS coming forward is mad IMO. One of those players may become regulars longterm but asking all 3 is tough. We have had 2 untried players arrive to replace 3 regulars, surely it is not unfair to expect us to have a few more players on board in rediness for the new campaign

if you believe that McQueen, Reed and Taggert can be mainstays in a PL team that has lost a few of its talismen, and a xcompletely new team then perhaps we should to others who are on crack. Yes there are exceptions but to think year on year we can have LS coming forward is mad IMO. One of those players may become regulars longterm but asking all 3 is tough. We have had 2 untried players arrive to replace 3 regulars, surely it is not unfair to expect us to have a few more players on board in rediness for the new campaign

Has there been a murrrrrrrrda?

He must be gutted that the likes of Liverpool or ManU arent interested in him!

He must be rueing the day he turned down that stint in the beetroot factory, otherwise he would be a shoe-in for a triumphal return to Chelsea.

That was a struggle to read.

Anyway, I'd be more worried about us not being ready if the first game was tomorrow. But, it is a month away (to the day). I'd be willing to say it's highly unlikely our squad now is the squad we will have to pick from on that day.

That was a struggle to read.

Anyway, I'd be more worried about us not being ready if the first game was tomorrow. But, it is a month away (to the day). I'd be willing to say it's highly unlikely our squad now is the squad we will have to pick from on that day.

That is really not a lot of time in which to instigate team spirit, tactics and togetherness amongst a group of strangers, and even less time if we haven't got key players in/out yet. From here it looks like a season of just about staying up.

No I wasn't saying any of that. You just invented it. I would have expected us to make a signing or two that isn't linked to the new manager by now if they were working as hard as they said they were behind the scenes for so long.

In fairness I wouldn't mind comparing the the dates of the deals we have wrapped up so far, compared to when we confirmed signings last season, to use that as a benchmark would be relatively fair. I can't be ar$ed to look up those dates myself (i'm meant to be working...) but if some anorak wants to do so at least that way its a reasonable way to compare how busy we are instead of snidley suggesting we're being incompetent in bringing in new talent.

Bottom of league one to safety in top half of premier league in five years. That was Marcus's 'ambition' wasn't it?

I make that about 60 places in the league. Or a gain of 12 places a year.

So, if Kat only wants a quarter of that, then that's a three place improvement in Saints league standings per year.

Given that we finished 8th this year, Kat's ambition is to win the EPL title in three seasons time.

I can live with that.

Yep sounds good to me. Cortese CL was never going to happen and I never saw anything of Markus stating seriously that our ambition was to get into the CL. Just a 5 year plan to get in the PL. We did it in 3. Be grateful and happy about it.

In fairness I wouldn't mind comparing the the dates of the deals we have wrapped up so far, compared to when we confirmed signings last season, to use that as a benchmark would be relatively fair. I can't be ar$ed to look up those dates myself (i'm meant to be working...) but if some anorak wants to do so at least that way its a reasonable way to compare how busy we are instead of snidley suggesting we're being incompetent in bringing in new talent.

MLG, this is your moment.

I don't believe it's entirely not possible. Like 'some' posters mindset seems to be on here. Shaw, Ward-Prowse and Chambers slotted in with ease. Even Reed didn't look out of place in his brief appearances.

MLG, this is your moment.

2012/13

Rodriguez 10th June

S.Davis 6th July

Clyne 19th July

Gazzaniga 20th July

Mayuka 28th August

Yoshida 30th August

Ramirez 31st August

Cropper 31st August

Boruc 22nd September

2013/14

Lovren - 14th June

Wanyama - 11th July

Osvaldo - 18th August

2014/15

Tadic - 8th July

Pelle - 12th July

:toppa:

Edited by Matthew Le God

So, without meaning to spoil everyone's fun by dragging this thread back on topic, have there been any new transfer rumours today?

Nopers but if you watch the Sky Sports Transfer Center live online then you'll have a minute by minute description of what Louis van Gaal is thinking. I f*ckin got it already, he's assessing the squad!