Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

I'm not Wickham's biggest fan. But come on, the guy is on holiday. I know for a fact that I did things on holiday 'with the lads' I'm not exactly proud of - I drank far too much etc.

Difference being, mine was a much more budget version.

What is he? 21/22? He's just a young lad doing what young lads do. I'm sure a lot of people on here would do the same if they had the means. I probably would have too.

Which is all fine when you're in a world/business where you're not suggesting relying on said 21/22 year old for success.

That's fine. But how is it affecting his club at the moment?

If it was during the season, every right to kick off about it.

When were the photos taken (I honestly don't know)? If it's been in the last few weeks, it's probably not going to affect his performance.

I'm not Wickham's biggest fan. But come on, the guy is on holiday. I know for a fact that I did things on holiday 'with the lads' I'm not exactly proud of - I drank far too much etc.

Difference being, mine was a much more budget version.

What is he? 21/22? He's just a young lad doing what young lads do. I'm sure a lot of people on here would do the same if they had the means. I probably would have too.

The people complaining are frankly, just jealous.

The people complaining are frankly, just jealous.

I have just assumed the photos are recent (i.e. during close season). I don't really have a problem with him or any player partying on their hols. I don't really think it's going to affect their performance after a pre-season's worth of training. I'd almost rather they get it out of their system at this point (within reason of course).

If I am wrong and these are older photo's during a season, then yeah I'd be pretty disappointed.

Anyone who drinks Armand de Brignac champagne should not be signed as they have more money than sense. It is made by Cattier and they have never made a decent champagne, and I doubt ever will.

:toppa: not an observation you are likely to get on a p*mpey forum

because he's been failing to fulfil his potential for years and had similar problems each year. haven't seen it as much with saints academy lads. i'm sure there's the odd bad one and lallana hasn't handled things well this summer, but i can accept it more when it's about football. they all seem level headed and sensible, including walcott, bale and chamberlain.

wonder how long wenger will put up with wilshere smoking as well. all very well to say it's close season but when you're a professional athlete at that level and with potential, it's fair enough if clubs expect you to behave well all the time.

I don't believe the Saints Academy kids never drink or party either.

It's hard to tell from one set of pictures, presumably from the same day. I don't believe a player letting off some steam during pre-season is going to seriously affect their development.

If there is evidence that this is a regular thing from CW (no idea if that is the case) then yes, that would be of more concern and I'd be more inclined to agree with you that it may have played a part in holding him back.

Though, you do also have to look at what has been going on at his club since he signed. String of different managers, poor performances (from the team) hardly helping anyone shine - it's hardly been the best move all round for him.

Taking one party in isolation seems a bit harsh to judge him on. He's a young man, you can't entirely cut him off from the world. I'm not entirely sure that would be healthy either. It doesn't appear that he has totally let himself go and piled on loads of weight.

Anyone who drinks Armand de Brignac champagne should not be signed as they have more money than sense. It is made by Cattier and they have never made a decent champagne, and I doubt ever will.

Is there any such thing as a decent champagne, severely overrated drink if you ask me and you didn't.

Don't care much for his tattoos either TBH

Gallagher is great player in the making . Give him 18 months to 2 years and believe many of you will be very impressed with him . He's another shearer in the making

From the little we've seen of him in the first team he looks more of BT to me.

What has Gallagher been like in the youth team? Alan was an absolute goal machine for the youth team.

I know people will say ''Well, Zidane smoked'' - yeah, but he did it on the pitch. He could do what he wanted....because he was spectacular at his job.

Jack has fitness problems, injury problems and form problems. Surely he should be spending time training and keeping himself in top shape? That's what annoys me when I see him acting like that. He could have been a great player, but will now put into the same bracket as ''could have been good, but never made it''. Utter waste of a player.

Be nice to hear from the ITKers whether there's likely to be any movement this week. Monk, Guan...any news?

I can't speak for monk, but I have been asked to keep it to smileys this week, as we have some 'sensitive' transfers planned (that's incoming, btw).

I can't speak for monk, but I have been asked to keep it to smileys this week, as we have some 'sensitive' transfers planned (that's incoming, btw).

cmon guan, any clue?

ps. dont bother replying to me unless you are giving us a clue! use your 3 posts wisely!

What do you mean by "sensitive transfers"?

The normal reasons would be:-

a) not to alert other clubs of potential interests

b) not to annoy any existing team members

Either way, I'm being optimistic and assuming that the sensitivity is because we're aiming high.

My thoughts too. Perhaps it means that it could be a goalie which may upset our current incumbent's.

Would be nice to get a 'Keeganesque' surprise unlike the last two that we all knew about days in advance.

I can't remember the last signing we made that wasn't known about in advance.

Simon Peach retweeted this - could be a good option. young, Dutch international plenty of potential and probably driven to prove himself after Chelsea have done what they always do and stockpile then ignore wonderkids...

@StefanCoerts: Van Aanholt not good enough for #CFC at this point, but would do a job at plenty EPL sides. Can see him join club like #NUFC or #saintsfc.

@StefanCoerts: #NED international Patrick van Aanholt has told VI that he wants to leave #Chelsea this summer. Contract with #CFC due to expire in 2015.

I pretty convinced De Vrij is one of those we are keeping quiet about, given the interest surrounding him.

And Blind wouldn't surprise me either to be honest.

Blind would certainly surprise me if it happened as there are likely to be some 'heavyweights' after him.

Saw today that Jaanmatt was expected on Tyneside for talks with Newcastle. So, at least we know Feyenoord are 'open for business' already on their returning internationals. Just hope RK et al can move quickly for one or two of their players.

Blind would certainly surprise me if it happened as there are likely to be some 'heavyweights' after him.

Saw today that Jaanmatt was expected on Tyneside for talks with Newcastle. So, at least we know Feyenoord are 'open for business' already on their returning internationals. Just hope RK et al can move quickly for one or two of their players.

Well the main club that has been linked with Blind of late is Newcastle. Given the relationship with Koeman that should be an easy win.

Well the main club that has been linked with Blind of late is Newcastle. Given the relationship with Koeman that should be an easy win.

I thought the mancs were also in the running, although that is probably just a Van Gaal linked with anyone Dutch.